“GOOD FOR TRANSIT” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
hong kong
“GOOD FOR TRANSIT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

There are very frequent shuttle from the hotel to the airport and back to the hotel. Don't forget to pick up the little card with the shuttle bus schedule of the hotel.
The hotel is very close to the San Francisco Airport. It is a big hotel with nice big rooms facing either the runway, highway or the inside restaurant.
The wifi in the room and lobby area worked perfectly.
From the hotel you can take the free shuttle bus to Burlingame. At Burlingame you have so many restaurants and shops and supermarket (Safeway) to keep you fed and occupied if you have the time to spare.
This is a good choice if you are passing by the San Francisco Airport.
Right now they are renovating the main entrance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I know this is a big hotel with more than 400+ room so it's likely you can get a not-so-great one. But I had a good experience there where the check-in staff was so great to allow me a great view with the Bay and was managed to change different one when I requested a nicer-smell one. Staff are super nice.

This is an old one and it's not new Hyatt Regency outside of the US. They keep maintaining it clean and good quality.

In term of price, you can see it's expensive if you have to pay over 250 a night. But I think if you can get from Hotwire about 150$, it'd good value for money.

The hotel has convenient shuttle service to the airport for every 10 minutes. I think it's great!

For the view, I think Marriott has better view of the Bay and close to the water. but Hyatt is not bad at all. Room is quite big.

I didn't check out the pool, but it's small and crowded with kids and parents. I didn't bother to use it. Gym is small but nice.

Room Tip: Bay view room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Why anyone would travel to San Francisco and stay at the airport is tough to understand, but one reason is for a business event held at an airport hotel. This happened to me last week, and I hope it never happens again--what a waste of travel time. The Hyatt in Burlingame looks out on the airport runway (on one side), and that is about the most charming part of this property. Rooms are dated, elevators are too few (and no stairs apparent--glad we had no emergencies), airport shuttle was problematic from SFO (turned people away because the shuttle was too full) but fine on the return trip. Worst of all, the hotel is isolated from things to do, places to eat, etc.

Room Tip: I would go with a high floor facing the bay, if available.
Green Features: There was a recycling container in the room. That is about all I detected.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

While I was a asleep at night there was a loud drilling noise that came on and off every 30-60 mins during the night. It kept waking me up. First I thought it was the neighbors. Then after the third time it woke me up, I realized it was the fridge in the room.

Next morning I walk to the front desk and tell the lady about my room experience. She calls in for the fridge to be removed, which is great. Then says, I'm going to remove your breakfast charge. I was confused bc I didn't even have breakfast but then remembered I bought a croissant that morning and had an 8$ charge. Well for my horrible night I got a refund of 8$. I would have rather got a genuine apology and nothing more. So I let her know that removing an 8$ charge does not make up for a bad night of sleep. Well I told her thanks and walked away. She then tries to get my attention as I walk away, and says 'what do you want then'... And now there are like 10 people staring at me. She managed to create a scene. And to ask 'what do you want' is absurd. Thanks for making the situation even more awkward.

• Stayed July 2014
HyattSFAirport, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Yezen,
I am so sorry to hear that the refrigerator in the room kept you awake, and even worse, that the service you received when bringing it to our attention was less than satisfactory. Please contact me so we can discuss how to win you back.
Regards,
Kevin
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stay here pretty often as we have negotiations nearby. The hotel is renovating the front area of the hotel so the entrance is now on the side near the parking garage.

The rooms are pretty average size and clean. Staff are very friendly. The club lounge is nice but not much food but I stock up on plenty of water.

I like it that they have a small gym on the 9th level.

Room Tip: Try to get a Club level room since it has a gym up there.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Checked in and the system was down, even after requesting a one King Bed I was given two double beds are the other rooms were all taken. When I got to the room the shower handle was broken. TV is not digital. Pool and sun deck area was closed for work without any notice and when you pay over 350 USD for a standard room you expect a full service hotel as you would expect from a Hyatt brand. I don't recommend this hotel if you are into a high quality 4 or 5 stars hotels and if you expect a full service hotel even for a one night stop near SFO Airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattSFAirport, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Giancarlo,
I apologize for your experience being less than perfect, and would welcome the opportunity to chat with you in detail. Please contact me so we can regain your loyalty.
Regards,
Kevin
Lena, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

They have this great big whoomping atrium with a bar and sortof restaurant, but during the daytime hours there is no staff there even to get a glass of water. The culture of attentiveness and "going the extra mile" was negligible. I paid extra for the "Club" to get the AM breakfast and PM cocktails and goodies that your normally get at other "club" levels at other hotels, only to find that you were expected to pay an "honor" fee for any beer and wine you consumed. Do expect to arrive one minute late and get anything either. 9th Floor facing the water had a decent view, but ask for a room near an elevator or you will take 10 minutes to walk to your room. The place is BIG. The rooms were large and comfortable. Atrium restaurant looked like it had a decent menu because people didn't want to serve us when we arrived around 9PM. They have a sports bar that served me a $26 dollar steak that I had requested rare, well done. I didn't have any qualms about sending it back. The rest of the food that others in my party had ordered was OK. The best thing on the menu was an ahi tuna salad. Oh, and normally the club level rooms have nice shampoos & soaps, etc. ours was motel fare.

Room Tip: near an elevator is what you need because the place is huge.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame? Share your experiences!