“Clean rooms, comfortable beds, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
outside Atlanta, GA
“Clean rooms, comfortable beds, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt SFO Airport for three nights for a conference which was held at the hotel. I did have my husband and our six year old daughter along with us. I had reserved under the conference rate. Checkin was a breeze and Anna was not only helpful, she upgraded our room to a business king facing the airport so our daughter's rollaway bed would have more room AND she could see the bay and the airplanes taking off.

I am picky about the beds and they were comfortable. I woke up refreshed not wishing for my bed at home, and that is always a plus. The linens were basic but clean, as was the rest of the room. We were in an updated room as well- so I could see on the edges of the bathroom door the evidence of an update.

Our conference service was very good, and I have to say that all the people handling the food and the breakouts were stellar, eager to help, and when I asked if there was iced tea, one gentleman offered to go make me one, which I really appreciated (although I did not take him up on that = didn't want to be a pain).

My daughter did play in the hot tub every night which she loved, and they ate at the atrium restaurant, which my husband said was good.

This is not what I would call a fancy hotel, but it was more than adequate, at a reasonable rate, and I would definitely return and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the bay and the airport. Bonus is the view, plus it's close to the elevat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was a great location for a conference I attended or work. The shuttle picked us up from the airport as well as took us to the local BART station so we could explore the city! I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HyattSFAirport, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Stephane,
Thanks so much for taking a few moments to show us some love! We hope we can host your Conference again next year (or sooner)!
Kevin
Limassol, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I do not have a very good experience with Airport hotels, so this one deserves a praise. The building is quite nice, my room (6057) was beautiful (bathroom could have been cleaner though, underneath the WC), and I have noted that there are also rooms with a beautiful view towards the airport and part of the bay.
Breakfast was so so, could have been better (coffee was absolutely horrible, but as I am Italian, almost 99% of the coffee I drink in America is horrible), but the place, a very spacious lobby inside the hotel, was pleasurable. My bill for the night was 234$ including tax, breakfast, internet connection, newspaper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the airport/bay
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice place, great staff, a bit dated decor wise. Some rooms are very far from the elevators which was a bit annoying. Fun sports bar. Close to airport of course so it works!
Breakfast buffet was decent too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have come to expect the 4 dollar plain bagel and the outrageously priced cup of coffee, but this hotel charged me $3,83 dollars for a color copy, and 50 cents an hour for internet. The internet besides being way overpriced, was terrible. The connection speed was very poor and it became useless after a few hours. The internet service added insult to injury as it made a big deal of the claim that you could connect more than one device but not over two. Today everyone has at least two WiFi enable devices they travel with.
The service in the "historic Knuckles sports bar" was very good becuase of a great waitress but the soup was cold and the clam cowder had some clams that were inedble. The pure angus beef burger was way over done, with only the frys, which came in a little bowl, decent. The only thing I could imagine was historic about Knuckles was either that it had survived or that it had a sort of musty odor.
Breakfast was edible but not anything to praise. I have had much better at a Holiday Inn express.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My friends and I were headed for Napa and stopped off here for the night. It met all our needs and had a very welcoming and helpful staff, too! We appreciated the ventilation systems in the rooms and the sound-proofing in an airport hotel. The atrium provided a nice peaceful atmosphere for weary travelers!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I spent a couple nights at this hotel for a business trip to Burlingame, just south of San Francisco. The hotel is really nice for an airport hotel, and has a nice bar, restaurant, lobby and gym. The location isn't the greatest, it's a 10 minute (albeit free) shuttle ride from the airport terminal, and another 10 minute cab ride to downtown Burlingame. The staff is incredible helpful and friendly as well; I received a room upgrade upon arrival, and they arranged all of my transportation into/around Burlingame and to/from the airport.

The only downside to this hotel is the cost. The room wasn't that expensive, but the restaurant is ridiculously expensive. I spent about $50 on a turkey club sandwich and cobb salad.

Otherwise, the hotel is great, and I'll stay here on my next business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame? Share your experiences!