I'm about to check out as I write this...I normally stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara since my employer's office is just 6 miles from that location, but for some reason they were totally booked midweek -- and so were ALL other hotels in the valley! Even the po-dunk mom-and-pop motels/boutiques. This was the only hotel on my employer's "approved" list with rooms available. It's an hour from my office in Mountain View, but I arranged my flight in and out of SFO to stay here. Turns out this is an excellent facility. You can tell it mostly caters to business travelers or those with layovers at SFO when you look at the clientele, but I'm glad I booked here. Due to the location, this is not really a tourist hotel -- that doesn't mean you shouldn't stay here -- it's just not in San Francisco, so if you're coming here to visit the city, just make sure you're OK renting a car or taking mass transit to get there.
Quick impressions: Staff all around are friendly and respectful. Self-park is $20, but it's right next to the hotel. Rooms and hallways look as if they were recently remodeled (the pictures on the site don't lie! Imagine that!). Carpet is clean and new. Beds are firm and I got a great sleep (no back pain in the morning). Recommend paying a bit extra (or get upgraded) to a room with Bay view: as many other reviewers note, you can watch the planes takes off and land at SFO. Food is overpriced, but good. I ate dinner in Knuckles, the sports bar at the Atrium level, and staff was friendly, efficient and the burger was surprisingly good (was expecting frozen patty reheated on grill but received a freshly-made burger equal to what I get at the Counter (local upscale burger chain in L.A. where I live). Overall, if I had to, I'd gladly stay here again for business.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame Hotel
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame Hotel Burlingame
- Hyatt Regency Burlingame
- Hyatt Burlingame
- Burlingame Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dramatic atrium, 9 story hotel with cascading waterfalls and water channels amidst a park-like atmosphere, lush foliage, including over 2,000 flowers, plants and bamboo plants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.