“Accommodating, but dated.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Harbor City
“Accommodating, but dated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was not impressed with the Bay Landing Hotel. It is a tired reflection of its' former elegance. The Hotel is conveniently located near SFO, the rates are reasonable ($125 per night) they offer complimentary shuttle service to & from the airport every 35 minutes (it just seems long when you are standing in the rain), & the bed was clean & comfortable. On the down size, there was no Christmas Tree (I like Christmas Trees during Christmas, they did have Christmas ornaments), the throw rugs in the foyer were worn & tattered, the furniture was well used, the front desk clerk appeared frazzled (he was answering phones, checking in arriving quests, checking out guests & training a new person). the coffee was lukewarm, the breakfast area chairs are extremely worn, the food had to be microwaved, the pastry was dry, the room furniture is well worn rustic, and the door has a gap at the bottom, where the light from the hallway shines thru. I suspect my employer will continue to use this hotel because of its' location, but now I know to get in, skip breakfast and get out asap. Also, avoid El Torito Restaurant across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator or the ice/vending machine. The sound of the ice machine and the ding...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you, Richard, for taking the time to comment on our holiday decorations, complimentary breakfast, and the furniture condition in your room. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an impressive experience at Bay Landing. We are pleased, though, that you found us to be conveniently located, reasonably priced, and comfortable. Please note that we are currently undergoing a renovation, and will be replacing our breakfast chairs as well as refreshing our guest rooms in the process. Thank you again for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's a great hotel if what you are looking for it's just a hotel to fly the following day. The hotel is very nice with good infrastructure. It's not a fancy hotel but it has everything you need. You don't stay at Burlingame for the hotel..right? It's for the airport! And this hotel gave me everything I needed.

The check in was smooth, the receptionist was very nice. The room was huge! I stayed with my husband and my toddler and my toddler loved it..he played all around the room. The room has safety box ( not many hotels offer this, so I really liked even I didn't used it this time), microwave, fridge, coffee maker...literally all I need. So I really think it's super convenient.

It also included the breakfast ( before having a long flight you really need a good breakfast) and parking,,,so... What else do I need? I stayed in other hotels in the regions and I think this one is the one which offers more in their price. Parking and breakfast for me is a must..yes...there are " better " hotels...more convenient? For this price? With good rooms...maybe the only one that comes close to this one is holiday inn south SFO airport. I like those two...I also stayed in Crown plaza and hyatt but they don't include parking or/ and breakfast..so I wouldn't stay in them again...cause I look for simplicity before flying.

About the shuttle...be on time and check the schedule..that's all you need to know...takes long? Well, runs every 30 minutes,.if you missed your time, of course will take some time to come the next. Organize your schedule! If you need a shuttle at the time you need it..well..take a cab..not even the best and most costly hotel in the area will prepare a SHUTTLE just for you.

I loved the hotel and would come back .

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our nice staff, spacious rooms, and convenient amenities. We are pleased to hear that you loved our hotel, and look forward to your return!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fantastic Stay, Front desk personnel, Courteous , helpful, friendly
Breakfast superb choices of items
Kitchen staff and as well as House keeping kept everything clean
Room view was great Bed Comfortable room spacious and clean

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, George, for commenting on your fantastic stay. I am pleased to hear that you experienced our courteous team, and that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious rooms.
We value your business, and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip from Miami!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went from a Hyatt to Bay Landing Hotel....the only differences I'm noticing are that the breakfast at Bay Landing Hotel isn't the same level as Hyatt.....and they don't have a bar, but I can over look that. The views are lovely, noise in minimal, staff is AMAZING and the rooms and beds are fabulous!

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay with a view of the planes landing is pretty cool!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you, Julie, for commenting on your fantastic stay at Bay Landing. We are pleased to hear that you experienced our amazing team, as well as our cool views of the San Francisco Bay. Your patronage is much appreciated!
Eagle River, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I called the hotel from the pickup point outside the international terminal at 9:20 pm and requested the shuttle. Was told the next one would be there at 9:55 pm. It picked us up at 10:00. I was dropped off at the hotel at 10:12 pm. That is a long wait for a hotel shuttle. Would recommend using a hotel that operates a shuttle more frequently. Standing outside in the damp rainy night for 40 minutes is a deal breaker as far as I am concerned. There were plenty of other hotel shuttles cruising by every 10 minutes or so.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with our complimentary airport shuttle. I am sorry that the shuttle was delayed during the inclement weather, and that you had to wait to be picked up. We value your business, and do hope you will reconsider staying with us on your next visit from Alaska.
Prince Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed just for one night, staff are accomodating, had a problem with our internet access inside our room and they fixed it ASAP. Breakfast is good especially the make your own waffle, strawberry waffle is the best. I will definitely go back to this hotel!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our accommodating staff as well as our strawberry waffles. We value your business, and look forward to your return!
Manhattan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The people who answered the phone were very friendly and helpful with confirming and adjusting reservations. The hotel has been very good but the furnishings have deteriorated.

One of our rooms had an objectionable odor. It didn't air out. After reporting the odor, the cleaning crew wasn't able to remove it. We finally had to ask and got changed to a new room. For the inconvenience we were offered an "upgrade" to the SAME room but facing the bay. However, upon checkout, we were presented a bill with a higher cost for that night.

The bed, bedding, pillows, and chairs in the first room were old.

The other rooms did not have the bad smell.

The upholstery on the chairs in the popular breakfast area were stained and some chairs had holes. Watch before you sit.

Room Tip: Avoid the room across from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Bay Landing. I am sorry that there was an odor in your original room. I will share your service accolades with the team. Please note that we are currently undergoing a renovation. The chairs in the breakfast area will be replaced during our upgrade. Please contact me directly at bfox@hotelpros.biz so that I can ensure that you were billed correctly. We appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to seeing you again once our renovation has been completed!

Been to Bay Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!