“Nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Folsom, California
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

In all fairness, we arrived very late at night and had to leave early so i can't really review all of their services. We did a stay, park and fly option. The room was clean and the service was courteous. The pillows were really small. The breakfast was not impressive, but it is ok for one day. The view was great. No problems. Wish we could have arrived earlier to enjoy our stay more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times in the past. I liked the hotel for being close to Airport and being on the Bay waterfront with its incredible view of the bay at sunrise. Prior stays I had a bay view room. This time I also booked a bay view room and paid the higher rate, but when I checked in the hotel, they gave me the city view room. They said they were all booked. When I complained, they attempted to find to bay view or lagoon view room, but again they indicated they were all booked on that side of hotel. The hotel supervisor indicated 3rd party booking agencies do not have access to their reservation system to book bay view rooms and I needed to use their website instead next time. So they blamed my company's travel agency. I checked my booking and it did say Bay View room and they said to contact them for the difference between bay and city view.

With that said, the room and hotel is ok. It is starting to get a little dated in the rooms, but it is still fine. There are other hotels along the bay front where I have stayed also like the Hilton Garden Inn, but the price was right for this property which includes the breakfast and parking and free WiFi. Besides the issue with my room, the only other negatives would be the breakfast. It was below average, the pastries and bagels seemed store bought and nothing seemed fresh.

If you stay here - wake up early and watch the sunrise over the east bay mountains

Room Tip: If you can get the Bay View - it is worth it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
St Pete Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed 4 days and were very pleased with the services and cleanliness of this property. Great location near airport and beautiful downtown Burlingame. Enjoyed walking along the lovely boardwalk behind the hotel. The layout of the breakfast area was weird, causing crowds to scramble for space, and the food was not sufficient, some of it -esp. egg and meat stuff -- looked plastic. Overall, a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I chose this hotel as it was one of the nicer ones in the area near the airport, and I had an early flight to catch the following morning. Unfortunately, upon locating my room, I walked in on another guest - he had checked in right in front of me, and the staff had given us both the same room. How embarrassing!!
The room itself was nice. The bathroom was wonderful. Large 2-person shower in the king + bay view room. Bed wasn't very comfortable, and I was freezing most of the night as I couldn't figure out how to adjust the temperature. The noise from the planes was more than I expected. The water view was nice, although there was a fair amount of trash in the water that I could see from my room, so it wasn't quite what I was hoping for.
Also, I was anticipating that like most hotels I would get a receipt under the door so that I wouldn't have to stop by the desk to check-out. I was a little disappointed that at 5:00 a.m. as I was rushing out on the way to the airport I had to do a traditional check-out...
Next time, I'll probably try out another hotel in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was attending a medical conference and visting napa. I found this hotel near the airport with a excellent rating from Trip Advisor. Here are some of things I really liked about the Hotel.
1. Excellent Wifi
2. Excellent breakfast that includes waffles, egg omlets, lots of different fruits and breads.
3.Clean with excellent service.
4. Great freshly bakes cookies at night and apples and oranges
5. A nice trail along the bay for a mile and half which is blacked topped next to hotel
6. Very low room rate for SF area.
7.Free parking and easy access to the freeways
Tried the the restaurant the Elephant Bar and Restaurant and had a ginger green tea spritzer with some grilled shrimp and chicken and it was excellent. It is only a about 150 feet from the hotel and their is a Benihana about half a block away.
IMy wife and I have not really found any thing we have not liked about the Hotel. I needed a car for this trip so this is a good hotel for having a car and is about a hour from the wine country. I arrived at 1 AM and had no problems checking in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a very nice hotel to stay at. The front desk staff were very kind and helpful. They made taxi requests for us and were helpful with local info on what to do. Our room was very clean, comfortable and roomy. There was a mini fridge & microwave. The breakfast had a lot of items to choose from. Cereals, bagels, yogurt, fruit, waffles, cheese, hard boiled eggs & oatmeal as well as coffee and a nice selection of teas. There is also a nice workout room. The wireless Internet worked great. We would definitely stay here again. Keith, our shuttle driver was a ray of sunshine! So helpful and polite!!! Hope you get a chance to meet him.

• Stayed January 2013
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed one night after a late-night arrival at SFO. First floor room next to the back parking lot with a view of the running trail by the Bay. Large, extremely quiet room (despite the parking) with a fridge and microwave. Spotless. Good breakfast buffet. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Bay Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!