“Great Food, Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 148 Restaurants in Burlingame
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place is great for big groups, we were 10 adults plus one child. To avoid the crowd and long wait go early, like before 6pm. Also if you are there between 5 to 6pm there is a 15% happy hour discount on the meal. We had the "all you can eat dinner" which was worth it.
Both the spicy and chicken broth were good, but my personal preference is the spicy broth. You can also use the chicken broth to lessen the spiciness of the spicy broth if its too spicy for your taste. We had the beef, pork and lamb, my favorite is the beef. The vegetables were very good and fresh. This meal is actually a good way to eat a lot of vegetables. :-) I like how the vegetables and meat are arranged very neatly and served on separate platters. (No contamination of the vegetable with the raw meat.) The udon noodles was very good with this meal.
The service was fast. The servers were friendly and accommodating. I look forward to eating here again!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Province of Rome, Italy
“Great food fun dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just go here and enjoy! Pretty big location but you may have a wait during peak times.

I get combo broth with Miso and chicken/ginger. The meat selections are quality too Kobe/pork regular size is $17.49 and Kobe/lamb large size is $20.49

Los Angeles
“Ponzu Sauce!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We came here last month for dinner. Even though we were late for our reservation (by 30 minutes!) they were kind enough to still keep our seats for us :) The layout of the restaurant is very spacious. With flat screens on the wall you can watch TV while you eat.

We got the AYCE. I started off with the ginger chicken broth. It reminded me of a homemade Chinese chicken broth (a tad bland). When my pot lost 1/4 of the broth, I had requested it to be filled with the spicy miso. I am not a spicy eater. However I think 1/4 spicy miso and 3/4 of the ginger chicken broth is just the right amount of flavor with just a bit of a small kick!

Now onto the meat! There is a guy that literally stands behind this glass partition in the front of the restaurant and all he does is slice your meat to order. I had 3 plates of beef. I'm not sure what happened but my 2nd plate of meat; the beef was super tough :(

And to finish the meal, green tea ice cream! (Or you can also opt for red bean.)

The service was great. Everyone had a smile and was very polite. Whenever we asked for anything (refill, another plate of beef, more ponzu sauce) it was quickly brought out.

Definitely will be back if we are ever in the area again.

PS The ponzu sauce here is by far the best I've had!

• Visited October 2013