“Oraganic and delicious” 5 of 5 stars

(650) 342-0242
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Plant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 129 Restaurants in Burlingame
Cuisines: Organic, Vegan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Primrose Avenue
San Mateo, California
“Oraganic and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We decided to try this place for lunch . My husband was very reluctant since he is not so much into trying new things !!!! We were so surprised that the menue had so many options and the food tasted really good !!!!!
We loved the fresh juice and tried two different kinds they both delish!!!!
We will go back for sure.

Visited October 2013

San Mateo, California
“Happy to have a plant cafe nearby!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had been driving to the Plant Cafe in SF as I really like this place. I have food allergies and I am also super picky. Having a menu that has Vegan or Vegetarian options makes a big difference for me. The salads are amazing and one of my favorite is the vegan cheesecake (made from coconut). A few days ago, we went here for brunch and we were very happy with the food options and service. I give this a 4 stars for being a solid good place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Awesome Awesome Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was my first visit to The Plant and first visit to an organic, vegan, vegetarian restaurant. It was awesome! The place was minimally decorated which was more appealing than some of these places with tons of stuff on the walls. My boyfriend and I sat at the black granite bar - awesome and tried to order various wines (which they were all out of and it was a Friday night - surprising). It ended up being ok because we got to try new things and enjoyed them. The service at the bar was ok - nothing to write home about and honestly it could use some attention. It was almost like they needed a third person or the two they did have should have stopped gabbing to people and just made drinks.

The food though - awesome! It was so good to eat clean like that, we actually came home and tried to recreate the kale and walnut salad. I had Avocado and Grapefruit salad - awesome, perfect size on the small for an appetizer. Boyfriend had the Kale and walnut - he wanted more after he finished he was so impressed. For our main meals he had the shrimp pizza - loved it. I tried a tiny bit and was very impressed. My dinner was the encrusted halibut. It was really great, personally I like a bit more seasoning on my food but I assumed with organic foods it would be a bit blander and I was totally ok with it.

Dessert - was the BEST part. We had the raw raspberry cheeesecake. I could have eaten 100 of them! Being a newly diagnosed Type 1 Diabetic I can't really eat desserts like I would prefer but this was something amazing. It wasn't sugar laden and caused no issues with my blood sugar. So great!

I feel bad for this restaurant though because the main strip in Burlingame is going through a complete and major overhaul and we were so turned off from the downtown area we almost left and went back to the hotel to eat dinner (we had only one evening in Burlingame as we were flying home super early the next day). Thank goodness we didn't go back to the hotel and stumbled upon The Plant. We would definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Amazing service, amazing food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was in the area for work for a week and went to Plant 3 times!!! The food is absolutely delicious. Especially the halibut. Michael was our server on our last trip and she was fantastic. As we were leaving the hostess called a taxi and practically waited outside for it for us. Incredible customer service. If they have a special cocktail they often use fresh pressed juices in them. Don't pass them up!! Enjoy!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Sad they ruined a prime location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I tried to give this place the benefit of the doubt as they recently opened but what a disappointment. The restaurant spent several months under construction converting a former retail spot into this corner restaurant.
The location is the only good thing about the place.
The staff was so poorly trained that they had no clue about the menu. It took 20 minutes to try to get a drink and I finally went up to the bar and got my own as our waitress was too busy talking to the other waiters to help us.
When she did finally come to our table and we ordered, after another painful wait our food order was completely wrong. They didn't bring us one dish that we had actually ordered.
I ordered a chicken dish and when I finally got it it was raw and cold in the middle. I notified our waitress who informed me that it was organic chicken and thus it's supposed to be pink. (Seriously????) I called over the manager and vs him offering to have the chicken cooked longer or make me a new dish he just told me that he would inform the Chef that my chicken was undercooked.
The place is overpriced and the food is awful. Bad combination!
I'll never go back. My advice is to stay away!!!

Visited June 2013