“Great service and dinner to a weary traveler!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 149 Restaurants in Burlingame
Cuisines: Italian, Chinese, American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Gridley
“Great service and dinner to a weary traveler!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ate here again after a long absence and afound it to be warm, welcoming and very enjoyable. I arrived on a Monday night and it was very busy but I was told I could get the same service and menus in the bar. I chose to do so and it was a quiet table not connected with the alcohol bar but over towards a corner and I was served very rapaidly and efficieintly by a young lady who was very attentive and got everything right. I ordered their French onion soup and a sandwich, both of which were very ample. I ended up taking half of the sandwich back to the hotel and was enjoyed later that night by my husband as he returned from an overseas flight! I would definitely come here agian!

Visited April 2013

Paw Paw, Michigan
“Lots of Children”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food was good with good portion sizes. Service was nice. Wait was not too bad (15 mins) but the noise cancelled it all out. Lots of noisy children coupled with poor acoustics.

Frederick, Maryland
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located by our hotel, we enjoyed an excellent lunch here. We started with the ginger calamari, which had great flavor and was quite tender. We both got the Macau shrimp and noodle soup and a salad. Even the small potion of soup was sizable, loaded with shrimp and veggies; it was delicious. I got the pear and Gorgonzola salad, a perfect combination of sweet and sharp flavors. My husband got the seared ahi tuna salad, also very good. We liked our meal so much that we tried to return for dinner, but didn't want to wait an hour for a table. Well worth the visit!

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“A fun place to drink and eat, very nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The parking lot of this restaurant is a pain to use, because it's almost always full at dinnertime. This is a "good" thing, because the place is very popular for a reason. The atmosphere is high energy, and somewhat loud, but the service is great, the food I would say is very good (not perfect, but very good). A group met there and we sat and ate at the bar. The bar service was very comfortable and the service was well paced and not rushed. If you're overnighting in this part of the peninsula on the hotel row that's nearby, this is a good choice for a meal that isn't too expensive. The booths on the water also have excellent views of in-coming SFO air traffic. If you want to avoid a wait, I would recommend arriving before "rush hour."

Galway, Ireland
“great restaurent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

very busy restaurent,great food,very near bay landing hotel,staff great,would recommend.very nice area,you can watch all the planes landing from your window seat.