“EZ for people needing assistance to get into pool---excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
Monterey, California
“EZ for people needing assistance to get into pool---excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hotel is not quite up to Crowne Plaza brand; however, the best I've ever seen for having two chairs which allow people with ambulatory problems to easily enjoy the hot tub and pool. So excellent for elderly or those with some physical problem.

Good service.

Freeway noise in the rooms was not good. Dirty windows.

Could not find out about shuttle service to get there; however, they have an extensive shuttle and excellent service.

Overall, ok.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from freeway noise.
Green Features: Could do more.about reminding the public to save water.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

During our family tour through California the Crowne Plaza was our last stay. We chose the Crowne due to its close proximity to the airport plus the fact it was so close to the city ( 30 min drive). The staff was very friendly and helpful from our arrival. Noticed our younger children ( 8 and 10) and moved us to a room that was more comfortable for us.This room was not available when we had booked on line. This effort of asking us if we were happy did not stop there. Every day we were asked if our stay was going well. CJ one of the employees was remarkable! He went above and beyond to be sure that we would be returning guests. Look forward to coming back next year. Thanks again CJ and all the staff at the Crowne, Burlingame.

Room Tip: Corner suite was quiet since the elevators were further which meant less traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is a less than 10 minute drive to the San Fran Airport. It's right off the interstate, so it makes it easy to really get around. For work (traveling in and out of the airport late at night/early in the morning) this hotel is pretty good. There's also a free shuttle to the airport.

The rooms are nice. They are big for San Francisco. I had some trouble getting the AC to work properly at first, but was able to get it resolved. Rooms are updated, bed was very comfy, and the bathroom was spacious.

There's a restaurant in the hotel. I didn't eat there, but had some wine one night. The restaurant is pretty big with a spacious bar, but you really feel like you are in a hotel. There is a glass wall separating the restaurant from the lobby hallway, which reminds you that you are in a hotel.

The one downfall is there is nothing really close by to this hotel. You can't walk to restaurants or shops, and even within a very short drive there's not many options. If you are going to San Francisco for fun or a longer trip I would recommend staying in an area that offers more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel has lots of facilities, pool, spa, gym and so on. We lived on the tenth floor, there wasn't much view, but the room is clean and big, the beds were comfy, pretty nice! It is also located near the airport, there is also a small town which is about 10-20 mins drive. It's a really good hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Cam C,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and were able to take advantage of our location proximity to the downtown Burlingame area. If you are ever back in the area, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This review is long overdue, but I stayed in February of 2014.

I was on an unplanned layover from PDX to Seoul, Korea. I was very ill and had been treated very poorly by the airline staff. By the time I arrived at the hotel, I was destroyed. HOWEVER, I greeted by the most amazing and friendly staff. Because I live in Korea, I was short of USD, and they made everything easy for me. I was given a beautiful room; the linens were perfect, the mattress was supportive but soft, there was a huge bath, and plenty of space for my luggage. CJ Murphy was the most outstanding member of the team at the hotel that day. He personally ensured that my stay was more comfortable and that I taken care of. Like I mentioned, I was quite sick. CJ was the most professional and personable person I have ever met on a short stay trip like this.
People like Mr. Murphy add value beyond money; they add a sense of humanity to the travel and hospitality industry. They are priceless. They are also hard to find. Although it was under unfortunate circumstances that I stayed at the hotel, I was really pleased to have had this positive experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear KatieMaeYee,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are very delighted to hear that CJ was able to provide you with such great customer service and care during your stay. We will definitely reward him for his efforts! At the Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport our main goal is to make sure that every guest that enters our lobby leaves with a positive experience and experiences an enjoyable stay. We do hope to have you come and stay with us again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was traveling for work and restricted to a certain lodging allowance. The Crowne Plaza was literally as near as I could get to Menlo Park for my budget without staying in some rundown motel. The only reason I figured it would work for me is that their website promised not only a free shuttle to the BART, but also a free shuttle to the CalTrain -- essential for me because that was my only cheap transit option to/from my meeting. Only after check-in did I learn that the CalTrain shuttle is a complete fiction -- does not exist. For what I paid in additional cab fare to get to/from the train, I could have stayed elsewhere. UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE. Jeeze.

Otherwise, it was just a tired old property. It's apparently being renovated now, so maybe better days are coming. No airport noise, but the noise from the freeway was relentless. It's also not a walkable area -- very trafficky, lots of construction, and nowhere to walk to anyway. I can't figure out why anyone would choose to stay in this area unless you HAD to be next to the airport, or were the victim of cheap travel expense allowances like me. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Lori D,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback. I’m sorry to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. Unfortunately, our complimentary airport shuttle only goes to and from the airport. However, we do offer a complimentary Burlingame Trolley that takes you directly to the CalTrain station. I do apologize if this information wasn’t provided for you when you checked in. We are currently under renovations to improve our property. The first step in our renovations is to replace the guest room windows. The noise you experienced from the highway were due to single-paned windows that we are currently replacing with double-paned windows for better sound insulation. Although there isn't any immediate walking distance attractions, most of our guests enjoy taking the complimentary Burlingame Trolley into Downtown Burlingame where there is a wide variety of shops and restaurants to enjoy. Not to mention the park right next door to our hotel for the more active guest. As well as the scenic jogging path that goes along the coast. Once again, I would like to just apologize for your not so amazing stay with us. We do hope you get an opportunity to come back and stay with us again and give us a chance to make this up to you.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

As an IHG platinum member I was put on one of the executive floors, received coupons to the bar, and got extra "welcome" points but I still would never stay here again. The rooms are smaller than tiny, the executive lounge is the most dreary and lonely I have seen in any airport hotel (no one in the room, water in the fridge, fruit in a bowl on the counter and a coffee machine, and magazines in a magazine holder), and in the bar dripping dirty plates were brought to our table. It was terrible!
The whole bar experience was so bad that we decided to just go to the airport very early the next morning for breakfast instead of eating at the combined bar and restaurant in the hotel.
The only non-negative is that the airport shuttle was on schedule and air conditioned.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear clamrj,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to start off by apologizing for your less than satisfactory stay with us. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you, if you can contact me at your earliest convenience. I would love a chance to try and make this up to you.

D: 6503737001
E: bdbeckett@sfocp.com

Been to Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!