“Tired property in need of a makeover” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
Drogheda, Ireland
“Tired property in need of a makeover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in June 2014 in an ~Executive Room on 8th Floor. Have read some complaints about noise from flights/highway but can't say we noticed. Room was clean and spacious but dated. Also, although we requested a non-smoking room, the smell of smoke was really awful and lingered throughout our stay. We had access to the Executive Lounge on the 10th Floor but its hardly worth a visit. In fact, its so poor, they don't even have signs directing you to it !
Breakfast was pretty good although the service was very hit and miss.Good reliable shuttle service to the Airport if you are catching the BART into the City. Runs very punctual every 30 minutes. That makes this hotel an option if you want to avoid the high hotel costs in the city, however with the BART costing $17 return each day, you need to factor that in

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Hanlor,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback of your recent stay. We are happy to know that you didn’t encounter any noise issues during your stay. We have renovated a lot of the windows at our property so the noise issue is not a huge concern for a lot of our guests anymore. I ensure you that our hotel is a 100% non-smoking property and we try our best to monitor that, however, what guests do in their room is beyond our control. We do, however, try our best to prevent it. Either way, I’m truly sorry that you had to deal with that. On the other hand, we are glad to know you were able to take advantage of our complimentary courtesy shuttle. If you ever get a chance to come back to the area, I would love a chance to make this up to you.

E: bdbeckett@sfocp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Beautiful property.

Great wireless internet all over.

Fantastic gym with free weights.

Good attitude from the staff.

Wonderful large rooms.

Great food and service from the restaurant (Try the Chilean Sea Bass).

Only down side is where it is located.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rgdacosta,

We’re delighted to hear about your wonderful stay with us. We’re happy to know that you were able to enjoy every aspect of our hotel, everything from our property itself, to the restaurant, all the way to the service you received from our team here at the Crowne Plaza. We definitely cannot wait to have you come back and stay with us again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The rooms are dated. Parking rate is acceptable. Not noisy at all for a hotel near the airport. Not bad for the cheap price especially if you have a car given the crazy hotel prices in downtown San Francisco. There is also a restaurant and bar downstairs the hotel

Stayed July 2013
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Joyceqbo,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We’re very happy to hear about your satisfying stay at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed there for one night prior to a flight from SFO Int'l the following morning. The staff was courteous and professional at check-in, we were even upgraded to a nicer room on an upper floor, and the entire stay was very enjoyable.

Our room was clean and comfortable, the bed was perfect, and the bathroom was well equipped. Since we had returned our rental car immediately after check-in we did not have to pay the $18 overnight parking fee, which seemed excessive. The room rate dropped after we booked up, so they reduced the final fee without being asked, which made things even better.

The only drawback was some road noise from Hwy 101 right out front, but not enough to be a big deal. Ear plugs were provided, but we carry some in our travel kit anyway.

Additionally, the airport shuttle service was reliable and frequent. There is a nice walkway nearby along the waterfront, which gave us a chance to stretch our legs after a long day of travel.

We would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear NeverPayFullPrice,

Thank you for all of your kind words about our hotel and staff. We’re ecstatic to hear that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us. In terms of the road noise, I’m very excited to let you know about our renovation project currently taking place. We are replacing all 309 windows in our hotel to provide for better sound insulation to provide for quieter and more comfortable stay for all of our guests. Other than that, we're happy to know that everything else met and surpassed your expectations. We do look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago for a 1/2 marathon event that took place at the park next door. I booked early so paid a rate in the low $100's, which was more than fair for what I got.
You could tell they were working on renovaitons to the hotel & common areas, and so far everything was very nice. I was put on the concierge level (top floor) somehow. I don't remember booking this, but I booked way in advance so who knows. Possibly a free upgrade? At any rate, the room was very nicely decorated, a couple of nice "extras" in a night/relaxation kit on the bed with aromatherapy goodies, lotions, etc. and a nice robe in the closet. The clerk at check in told me I had access to the concierge lounge, but I didn't have time to try it out.

Only con & reason for 4 stars, they were having elevator issues & only 2 were working. This is a decent size hotel that appeared to be full, so it was definitely an inconvenience. It created a lengthy wait time, and when I finally got on an elevator from my top floor it had to stop at every floor to collect other guests who were waiting as well. After a few stops we were crammed in like sardines & it became like a sauna. Not real pleasant considering I am quite claustrophobic.

Overall, I would stay here again on future visits.

Room Tip: Would recommend room opposite highway on higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear traveltosun,

Thank you for your kind words. I do apologize for our elevators not working properly during your recent stay with us. I know how much of an inconvenience that can be, rest assured that all elevators are fixed and now working perfectly. On a positive note, we are very pleased to hear about the rest of your stay going smoothly. And that you were able to take advantage of some of our small amenities. Hopefully you can come back and give all of our amenities a try. We look forward to having you come back soon!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The location is great, the room is clean and the room size is decent. The drawback is that it has no safe box nor mini bar in the room even I am in the executive floor. The noise from 101 freeway is tolerable but preferably quieter. One thing that I didn't like was the white blanket, it is so rough and hard. I couldn't sleep the first night and at the end I had to use the bedspread as blanket.
One thing to mention was my power socket and a Samsung phone charger were missing in the room and the manager went out and bought me a cable and a power charger so that I could charge my phone again. That said, it was a surprise that my 4xUSB adaptor and a cable could have missing within two hours after housekeeping cleaned the room. I left the room during cleaning and returned in two hours. I hope the hotel would investigate this matter seriously. Otherwise, I like the attitude of the manager, helpful and I like the location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear tuitai,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, our rooms do not come with safes or a mini bar; however we do have safes behind the front desk that are available to our guests, as well as fridges that are available upon request for no additional fees. I am truly sorry about your charger going missing; rest assured I am looking into this to see who accessed the room and where the charger could have gone. On a positive note, I’m happy to know that management was able to help you and replace your charger for you. It’s the least we can do. If you ever get a chance to come back to the area, we would love an opportunity to make this up to you.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is way over due. Reading the previous reviews, it makes me wonder if it's the same hotel I stay at.

First stay was several years ago. Upgraded to Club Room which had a separate living room as IHG Plat benefit. Breakfast comped if I remember right.

Returned last year & was upgraded to a Suite since we had 5 suitcases that would not fit in the newly renovated but very snug Club Room.Enjoyed our breakfast which was included in our package. Very happy with our stay.

We were back this winter & again had lots of luggage- given another Club room but requested for Suite if that was available. Was going for dental surgery & needed to rest post op. No problem at all- they were very gracious even sending us some bubbly in our room. Given late check out as well.

Breakfast the next day was very adequate with lots of choices - cereal, make your own waffle, lots of fruit etc. Loved the fresh fruit infused water available at the lobby - enjoyed the strawberry & cucumber flavoured ones.

Got a very spacious room with high ceilings which had 2 TVs one in the BR & in the separate living room area, functional desk, WC accessible bathroom. They had sleep amenities.

Finally heard the much talked about Freeway noise as your room was on the ground floor- closest to 101 but it was not enough to keep me awake at all.

What keeps me returning to CP SFO Airport is the EXCELLENT Customer Service. Emails were very expediently responded to, requests over the phone were addressed in a very timely manner. Housekeeping has done a great job in keeping everything clean and in place. Front Desk & Bell service are very personable & helpful.

Having the Fitness center available was a great plus. Keeping the secure Club Room with the basics & accessible at all hours to allow us access to water, hot drinks & fruit any time of the day is much appreciated.

Having to pay $18 for parking is what's keeping me from an excellent rating.

Congrats to the new GM Brendan D. and his staff. Looking forward to another good stay with this new team ! See you in a few weeks.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear bmttokyo,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words. We are beyond excited to hear about your multiple enjoyable stays at our hotel. Here at the Crowne we honestly strive to provide every guest with a positive, enjoyable, and relaxing stay. Just hearing that you have enjoyed multiple stays with us and that we are able to keep you wanting to come back, is just remarkable. Thank you for your praise on our excellent staff. We work really hard as a team to ensure that every guest encounter is a positive one, whether it’s from the bellman you are greeted by in the lobby, to the front desk agent checking you in, even to the housekeeper you see on the floors. We would be honored and look forward to having you stay with us again. See you soon!

E: bdbeckett@sfocp.com

Been to Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!