“Comfortable night's stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Comfortable night's stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed just the one night at this hotel after my onward flight to Phoenix was cancelled. Choice was determined by airline, and nightly tariff higher than would have normally considered if paying for myself. However, it was a very comfortable hotel in a good position right next to the bay,with a trail which could be joined along it from opposite hotel's entrance. This was good for the couple of hours which I had to enjoy before sunset. Hotel was large and clean as you would expect of a 4* standard and the reception staff were most excellent in the way they assisted me with providing razor and shaving cream, toothbrush and paste all of which were in my case at airport. Also, no trouble in their phoning my pre-booked hotel in Phoenix to explain my position. This hotel has a courtesy shuttle, which runs every 30 minutes to and from the airport terminals, which is efficiently operated. Room was large and had everything which is normally required and more. Comfortable lounge to sit out in and a courtesy internet terminal was available to use. There was also an integral cafe bar which could be exited at side of hotel, and the meals provided here were excellent value ,with good sized and well prepared portions. Service in this bar was also first rate with wide menu choice. So in summary I would suggest this Crowne Plaza is a good option for a night or two if competitive rate obtained.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Mr. Edwards!

I am very glad to see we provided you with comfortable, clean accommodations as well as courteous and professional service. I will definitely pass these comments on to our staff so they can see how much their hard works pays off.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Del Mar, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

It is OK. Room was fine. Staff were nice enough. It was clean, ETC. Restaurant was terrible. Bar too. Typical for this "lost" brand. Holiday Express across the street was sold out but I will reserve earlier next time

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments from your recent stay. I am really sorry that you were less than satisfied with your service and experience in our restaurant. I will ensure we pass these comments on to the restaurant staff and management so they can review their practices and improve their performance. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The staff here were extremely friendly and helpful. The housekeeping was impeccable. It is close to the freeway so there is some traffic noise but the convenience to get to downtown San Francisco was worth it. The hotel was not very busy so we were upgraded to the executive level. I was traveling with 3 young kids and treated very well. Luckily the kids were in bed early and didn't bother other guests with loud noises. Great pool and great business center as well. I highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your great review, Amanda!
I am so glad that you and the kids enjoyed yourselves in the Bay Area!

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I associate a Crowne Plaza as a hotel one step up from a Holiday Inn. The Crowne Plaza at SFO appears to be one step down.
The rooms are clean, but it is clear they were updated about 10 years ago and that was it. Furniture chipped, broken tiles in the bathroom, old fashioned A/C, etc.
The best part was the small size table refrigerator right in the middle of the room. It was like somebody decided the rooms should have fridge, so let's put a stand alone little fridge right in the middle of the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of your stay in October. Our company acquired this Crowne Plaza in October of last year and we are currently working very hard to finalize the plans for the hotel renovation set to be completed in 2014. I apologize for the experience you had with the fridge in your room. Our rooms do not normally come with fridges unless it is an amenity booked by a corporate travel group and we try to place guests in these rooms that request upgrades or fridges in their rooms. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

650-373-7031
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Booked because SF hotels were very expensive that weekend, and I needed to get to the Airport next day. Basic, has a pool, breakfast was good but extra. Shuttle to/from the airport was convenient. My particular frustration was that although this hotel is close to both the main I-101 and the airport there was only single glazing on the windows, resulting in noise levels over 70 dB(A) in the room. Now who builds hotels in the 21st century and puts anything less than double glazing in the windows?? Clearly Crowne Plaza do. Fortunately the ambient air temperature was moderate, so I did not need the A/C or heating on, which would of added to the noise level again. All for $175/night, breakfast extra. I wouldn’t stay here again, I would head for SF or Palo Alto on the BART/Caltrain, which are much better locations and decent hotels.

Room Tip: Take your ear plugs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear UKDiver2007,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels in the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

After flying into SFO late at night, I need a clean, inexpensive place to crash before heading out again early the next morning. The Crown Plaza in Burlingame fit the bill. Decently close to the SFO airport with a free shuttle (comes about every 20 minutes). Restaurant onsite - with room service. A decent workout room. And free in-room WiFi if you are a member of their free loyalty program.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear mrdcs1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Friendly hotel staff!! The restaurant on site could have had better service. I stayed here for 4 nights for a Dangerous Goods Certification Course and had dinner there once. Food was awesome, but the service was slow. Nice large TV to watch football, nicely renovated. Unfortunately the hotel room was not that great. The window tinting on the windows is worn out, the windows let in a good amount of noise, but no worse than a hotel in a downtown area such as NY. I stayed on the 8th floor where I believe all business travelers stay, I had to use my room card every time I used the elevator due to these "private access floors" (floors 8-10). The training included lunch and snacks, breakfast pastries/coffee/tea, and afternoon desert/soada. Water was provided in the conference room which was great. I would reccommend this hotel if you need to scedule a conference room or banquet room. (Eventhough parking was pricey and you had to get a keycard to use at the parking gates. The hotel is within close walking distance to the shore overlooking SFO and the bay. Great views, completely different than the CO mountains!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on floor 8-10 if you do not want noise to work/study or sleep without hearing people.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Norval N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your review from your recent stay. I apologize that you experienced slow service in our restaurant. I will make sure to pass these comments on to our restaurannt management team. I can understand that the noise from the freeway made for a less than perfect stay and want you to know that we are rectifying this situation. .We are currently in the final planning stages of our renovation, which includes the full replacement of the hotel windows to better provide sound protection from the surrounding area noise. I hope we can invite you back in the future to show you our improvements. If there is anything I can assist with, please do not hesitate to let me know.

650-373-7031
cmorales@sfocp.com

Been to Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!