“Clean, comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Clean, comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

After reading prior reviews, expectations were low but we had booked as a place to sleep with long days sightseeing in the city. We were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed our experience as the room was clean, free WiFi, plentiful towels & amenities and if staying on a higher floor, very fast elevator service. Great location for traveling families.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear litetravelfan,

Thank you for you kind words. We are thrilled to hear you had a pleasant stay at our property. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

650-373-7001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Truckee, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked very last minute on a busy week when arriving into SFO. Just happy to have a room but I have avoid this hotel in the past due to the poor reviews. Yes the rooms need a facelift but this is coming we were told. Otherwise it was a great stay.

Staff was very friendly over our 3 nights. Checkin was fast. I called housekeeping once to get a rollaway and they were at my room in les than 5 min and then bought me more pillow. checkout was efficient

We received free wifi password at checkin I believe due to our membership in the holiday inn program. We didn't have a car so our only costs were the room and taxes

The room was very quiet and the beds were super comfy. We had a king suite which had large flat screens in both rooms.

We ate in the restaurant for breakfast one morning and it was busy but nice. We also walked to maxs just down the street for dinner

It would be ideal if they had and additional airport shuttle as it only runs every 30 min but it was on time per the schedule each time we took it.

My husband also enjoyed the bayshore walk and bike ramp over the freeway back to the broadway area of Burlingame.

If the rooms are upgraded in the next year as expected it will be a good alternative to some of the other large hotels in the area. I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear audigal,

We are very pleased that your overall experience at our hotel was a great stay. We are happy to hear our housekeeping department, restaurant and rest of staff provided you with the quality service you deserve. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

650-373-7001
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently missed a connection for an international flight. The carrier put me at this hotel for the night. My comment is that if thie hotel is used as an emergency resource for passengers who have missed flights, then the passengers are the lucky ones. Very clean, nice linens and room amenities. I gave four stars because the hotel restaurant was understaffed and with all the people coming in because of missed flights, they could have used one or two other service people.

Room Tip: The ratings would not let me remove the "kids activities and spa activities" ratings so th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear azmame,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We have informed our Restaurant Management about the issues with staffing in the restaurant and they are are making the necessary changes to ensure it does not happen in the future. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went to the Crowne plaza in May.
Great breakfast, clean hotel. Good value for money.
Also organise tours of san fransisco that take you into town and back to the hotel, which was useful. But there is a regular shuttle to the airport where the metro is as well.
Note: there was no safe in my room as advertised. Otherwise good enough for an airport hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mystik186338,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Worsley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was local to the airport, and had a shuttle service. you picked up the shuttle outside the terminal, the night we were there it was so cold, and wet stood in the middle of the road was not ideal, we waited about 35 mins, arriving at the hotel we were checked in fast and sent to our room, opening the door my husband said "close the window it cold and windy" but the window was closed, after going back to reception they changed the room so fast no bother at all. There is not changing room down in the pool area either get changed in the toilet near by or in your room, we were dripping as we got in the lift. There was no wifi in the room but if you sat in the reception you got it there. We had a very nice meal in the evening, and it was in nice surroundings. The room were nice, we had coffee making facilities but no cups we asked for cups seemed like we was asking a strange request, the next day they cleaned the room and took our cups we had to ask again, I think they thought we were pinching the cups. Breakfast was open early 6 we just managed a coffee and something to eat before our long flight. An ok stay as you tend not to spend too long in the room, but a clean and comfy bed after trekking around San Francisco.

Room Tip: If you get wind noise change your room, our first was on the 3rd floor and over the carpark
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear k r,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Keswick, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

One of the most dated dumps I've stayed at in a while - "upgraded" to a suite but... furniture thread bare with stuffing hanging out, carpet tacky feel, curtains that didn't close completely, a/c unit that resembled more like motel ones, bathroom facilities stained, list could go on... Unless you have to stay here, go up the street to the Hyatt - much nicer property and amenities.

Room Tip: GO elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brendan D, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear CulturedBacillis

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience with us. I would love to discuss the specifics of your stay i.e. what room you were in, dates of stay etc. so that I may follow up more appropriately and make sure that this does not occur again! We are in the final stages of our bidding and planning phase and we are set to begin an extensive renovation of all guest rooms later this year. I sincerely hope you will visit us next year and experience our brand new hotel! Please contact me directly using any of the methods below as I would truly like to learn more about your experience and how we can improve in the future.

With warmth and hospitality,

Brendan Dixon-Beckett
Asst. General Manager
Phone: 650.342.9200
Direct: 650.373.7027
bdbeckett@sfocp.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm sitting in this beautiful and clean room right now thinking to myself I should probably have gone to the Hyatt. The room is very nice, but it lacks some of the amenities that have been complimentary these day of age. Thus is the first hotel that I had to pay for parking and received no in room WiFi. Like everyone else, this is three stars at best buy can be easily 4 by adding parking and free WiFi. Losing potential customers for something so trivial as that should really be reconsidered. I'll definitely change my tone if management decides to contact me before my stay is over. Guest 614.

• Stayed June 2013
Brendan D, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear DjDao,

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback with us. I am glad to hear that your room was beautiful and clean. I am however disappointed that we fell short of your expectations in other areas. We do charge for internet, but we also offer it as a complimentary service for anyone that is, or signs up to be a Priority Club member (soon to be IHG Rewards) and I apologize that we did not make this available to you at check in.

I would love to discuss the situation with you in greater detail, and I am sorry that I missed you before you checked out. At your convenience please feel free to contact me at any time using any of the methods below. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

With warmth and hospitality,

Brendan Dixon-Beckett
Asst. General Manager

Phone: 650.342.9200
Direct: 650.373.7027
bdbeckett@sfocp.com

Been to Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!