“Not recommendable!” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
“Not recommendable!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My boyfriend, three friends of us and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport - Burlingame for just one night, but I guess we never will stay there again. First of all it's expensive (216 $ / night) for what you get there. The rooms are a bit run down. We parked our car not at the hotel, because it wasn't free. My boyfriend is a priority club member and in other hotels we got bottles of water etc., but that doesn't matter for the staff there...On the other hand the hotel is good located - near the airport - and the shuttle is free. We booked a two bedroom suite (two queen beds) for three persons. My boyfriend and I slept in one queen bed and one of our friends in the other one. This hotel is not my favorite, because of its cost-benefit ratio.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear AnjaLuisa,

Thank you for your comments. We apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We always try our hardest to stay within the price range of our local hotels. I have been in communication with the front desk management as we do recognize each Priority Club member, I apologize that the front desk overlooked this. We use your feedback as a tool to improve our hotel and service to our guests, so your comments are very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I will preface this by saying I was arriving after one of the worst travel days of my life and this hotel was chosen by the airline to house me after a day of torment. My luggage was lost, I was in the wrong city after 12 hours of travel, and my patience was very thin. So with that, I was in a critical mood, but regardless I find the following notable enough to write a review.

1. The room. Well, corners are not quite clean; some visible mold in the bathroom (shower specifically). The AC/heater vents were fithy. I mean, didn't want to turn on the air dirty. The double beds were too short for my 5'9" self to stretch out comfortably. I did like the in-room toiletries; I really needed the spa therapy "relax" cream.

2. Being sans luggage, I needed contact solution and a case upon arrival. The convenience store in the lobby was selling a 3 oz travel size bottle for $14. I'm sorry, but that is highway robbery, and the hotel is ok with allowing a vendor to rape and pillage their guests for toiletry items. If you know you have a relationship with an airline to house their stranded guests, I think the least they could do is protect the weary traveler.

3. Being sans luggage, I was also sans phone charger. I have never been to a hotel who says they have no iPhone 4 charger. We all know the hospitality folks have a bin in the back full of chargers for various smartphones left behind. I was told point blank they had nothing that could help me. Within eyesight was the front desk person's iPhone. Plugged in. Really?

4. The double beds are super short. I am 5'9" and my feet were hanging over the edge.

Simply couldn't wait to get out of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Kait414,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and I regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory.

While we understand that your experience did not live up to your expectations, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We needed a place to stay while work was being done on our home. We pPricelined our way into the Crown Plaza and had a. Terrific experience. Management staff were very accommodating with our needs as we stayed with our school age children and were able to maintain a relatively normal daily routine. The indoor pool and hot tub are wonderful and free of the chlorine infused steam room like humidity we've experienced elsewhere. Never an issue for us, but the spa is modest size. It is also a super convenient location with instant freeway access. Nice fitness room too. It really worked for us, and I will recommend it to our out of town guests in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Martin S,

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to hear that you and your family had a great time while with us and were able to benefit from the family friendly amenities that our hotel has to offer. Our staff strives to provide each guest with the quality customer service they deserve and we were happy to hear that they were able to accommodate both you and your family's needs.

Best Regards,

Kapaa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Courteous and friendly staff. Room above average in quality and cleanliness. Breakfast has some healthy choices. Shuttle prompt every half hour. Nearby walking path on the Bay's edge good for an invigorating morning walk.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bodhinatha V,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you had a great time while staying with us and were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle and our nearby attractions. We hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Okay it's not as posh as most Crown Plaza Hotels. It's a little older and the rooms are a little smaller. Don't think of it as a luxury hotel hotel, think of it as really good priced nice hotel at SFO, The service is great, everyone there went out of there way to be helpful. The rooms are super clean. The breakfast at the restaurant is tasty, and again the staff makes you fell welcome. So it's great place to overnight right at the airport. True, If you are looking for a resort hotel, this isn't it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear flyfisher603,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your sleeping room and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We strive to do our very best for our guests and we are happy to have met that expectation for you. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Union City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed to be close to airport. The hotel was nice and clean. The staff at the front desk was knowledgable and great in assisting us with questions we had about the area. My only complaint is probably the wifi being weak and no microwave and fridge in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Norval N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear missy0123,

Thank you for your comment. We apologize that our WiFi was not working to your satisfaction during your stay. We have been in communication with our IT department and resolved the issue. We are happy that our staff provided you with any information you needed regarding the area. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was hesitant to book a room based on the reviews but I am so glad I did. This is agreat airport hotel--if you don't want to stay by the airport go elsewhere. Yes there are planes. Um--are we clear, airport hotel. But it is much more than that. It is a very quick free shuttle ride to the hotel from the airport. It is walking distance to Burlingame, which has a charming main street with great restuarants. The hotel is also by the bay and a major, amazing park.

The rooms are a bit dated, execption of an amazing flat screen TV, but very clean and very comfortable. The gym equiptment is also dated but very servied--it is better than some newer machines at hotels that don't take care of their equiptment.

Indoor hot tub and pool make this hotel amazing.

the staff was great, shuttles on time,

Stay here for so many reasons.

Thank you Crowne Plaza SFO.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JMW757677,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy that our hotel and staff met your expectations during your stay. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

nnelson@sfocp.com

Been to Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!