You added Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“Best in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

This is one of the best Hampton Inns anywhere and an excellent bargain - very new, clean, and spacious. Excellent location close to SFO, 101onramp, and within walking distance to Gullivers, El Torito and Elephant Bar. Free parking and airport shuttle is a plus. The free breakfast is excellent with hot entrees. As a Hilton Diamond member, I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns, and this one is on my top 10 list. You won't be disappointed. My only complaint is that I missed the hotel driving down Old Bayshore the first time, because of poor signage - but if you remember it is directly across the street from the Marriott, you won't go wrong.

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2007

A friend and I spent New Years Eve at this location and we were very happy with the location, services, and price. I booked two rooms on the Hampton Inn website for $80.10 each. Upon arrival the rooms were ready and clean. The room were larger than expected and that was great, along with a microwave and mini refrigerator made it easy to heat up/store New Years eve food items. This hotel also has free internet access and decent television channels although would have loved it to have FoxNews not CNN.

The bed was large and confortable along with the pillows. The bathroom was large and included many of the free aminities like mouthwash, hand lotion and even shower gel ( bar soap was also provided)

The breakfast the next morning was good danish, oat meal, muffins, coffee and tea among other continental items.

Overall highly recommend the hotel for its great service, clean rooms and all the extras.

• Liked — Clean room, price and location
  • Disliked — Liked everything
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2006

I booked this hotel on the Hampton Inn website for 7 nights. Three people were traveling. We booked a king study. According to the king study, it was a king bed and a sofa that pulls out into a bed. We checked in pretty late and were going directly to bed. The sofa did not pull out, but because we were tired, decided to stay in the room until the morning. Went to front desk in morning, and was treated pretty rudely by Lisa the night auditor. She said that the hotel was sold out and they could not move rooms and that Kind Study's do not have a sofa bed. I told her about the website, but she didn't care. I asked for a discount and also asked if they charged extra for 3 people. She said she would check for a discount and I would have to stop by that afternoon to find out. And she said the hotel does not charge extra for guests. I later went through and discovered what I already knew which is the hotel charges $10 extra for a third guest. When i confronted Lisa her exact words were "Oh Well." Back to the stay. I went back the afternoon, and talked with Fernando, he was excellent and the only person at the hotel to EVER apologize for anything. Fernando discounted the rest of my stay. Greatly appreciated. Still sold out and no way to move rooms. Hotel room was clean and nice. No noise from airport. Had to ask on three different occassions to get an extra towel, pillow, and sheet for the person sleeping on the sofa. When I checked out, my bill was wrong. Went to front desk again and had the displeasure of talking with Lisa whom once again, in my eyes, had an attitude of I don't care. She supposedly corrected the problem. Got home and had a call from Hampton Inn saying they had a problem with 1 of the 2 credit cards used for the stay. We split the bill. Talked to Fernando, and they ended up giving me one free night. Very nice. Thought that was the end. Now, a month later, one of the credit cards was charged twice. Once for the correct charge and once for the incorrect charge. Had to call hotel again and this time spoke with Donald. Started off friendly, but still never apologized. Told issues and about the second charge. He told me that it was only an authorization and I should call my bank. I told him that it was not a bank card. He said that it didn't matter. When I asked if there was anything else they could do, he said no. Called Discover and guess what, it was a charge. Called Hampton Inn toll free number, and they are calling the hotel on my behalf to get this resolved. I am supposed to hear back from the hotel in 3 business days. I Will NEVER stay at this hotel again. The room was nice, but the staff other than Fernando, don't seem to care about the Hampton Inn 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. I was not looking for a free stay. I was just looking for someone to take care of the issue and try to resolve it. Oh yeah, and STILL on Hampton Inn's website, a king study has a pull out sofa bed.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Staff, room incorrect, unwillingness to find another room
  • Tips/Secrets — Be wary of staying here. Check on room before you go. Don't split bill
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South? Share your experiences!