“Good Airport Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Burlingame
New York City, New York
“Good Airport Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I visit San Francisco. I stayed again in mid-February for four nights while attending a conference near the airport. I've checked a few rooms here, including 525 (where I stayed in mid-Feb 2012) for bed bugs and it's always coming up clean!

The main noise problem at this hotel is *not* planes, it's the new shuttle buses that were rolled out in early 2012. They make an extremely loud backup noise that's enough to wake up a heavy sleeper twice per hour! Prefer rooms at the back of the hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the front. The shuttle backing up twice per hour is very loud noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Newmarket, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed here before our early morning flight out. It was very convenient and the shuttle service is dependable. It operates every half hour (at :12 and :42 past). We had no problem with noise and actually ate dinner here as we were beat after a day's drive from Napa, with sightseeing along the way. The food was fine (I had a burger and my wife had some sort of wrap). The breakfast starts at 6. There was some food out before 6 and so we grabbed some (we were catching the 6:12 am shuttle). The server setting up said something but allowed us to conitnue to get food (cereals, fruit, breads, bagels, coffee, tea). We would have loved to grab a made to order breakfast but didn't have the time. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was pleased by the service and the convenience of this HGI. I will stay here again. The location was very convenient to SFO without plane noise. The parking, breakfast and room were standard and satisfying. Front desk service was very courteous. Internet service was outstanding. The connection speed was faster than I had experienced at a hotel in a long time. The printer in the business center did not work. It required some sort of tech support. Not a big deal. My only issue was that the rooms were not sufficiently sound isolated and alarms from rooms on all sides were clearly audible. Bring earplugs but otherwise expect a great experience.

Room Tip: Nice view from high floors.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We arrived quite late and it is true that the hotel is a little tricky to find. Fortunately we had a GPS. I would recommend that all the SFO airports prevail upon the authorities to put up green highway-type signs (the kind that airports use to direct you to terminals) because it was a little vexing since we were tired. However, it was the perfect airport hotel: free parking, easy to navigate lobby, large comfortable 9and very clean) room with a coffee maker. Incredibly nice staff: I accidentally left a paper shopping bag near the desk on the floor, and when I came down to the lobby for something else, the desk clerk addressed my by name. He said that he was getting ready to call me because he was pretty sure I was the one who had left it. A very welcoming place.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We were staying in this hotel the day before Christmas mainly because of convinience to airport. Our plane landed at 9+pm and we did not wanted to travel to San Francisco late in the evening with kids. We found this hotel to be very clean and nice and reasonably priced, that on a way back from lake Tahoe skiing, we canceled our reservation in another hotel and booked this one for the return trip. Its takes about 12 minutes during morning traffic to get to terminal 2 using free hotel shuttle, which goes back to airport every 30 minutes. Staff was very nice - mainly front desk. They actually recomended me to drop my car at the rental place in the evening before morning flight to safe time and its really worked. Thanks.
In regard of airport noise - I thing I heard plane about 2 times at night, but not 100% sure.

matthews NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I go to SF. Location is very close to the airport and they have a free shuttle. Nice Jogging path, good resteraunt very friendly and nice staff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Stayed here 1 night after a late flight in and didn't want to drive to our destination. Staff was lovely, room was fine. Breakfast was fine. Their airport shuttle ran almost around-the-clock on a very regular basis. Hotel was a bit tricky to find -- definitely more than 2 miles of driving from airport. Road signs were very poor (no fault of the hotel!) and there are no signs to point you in direction of lodging. If you're on the right side of the hotel, you can watch the jets fly into the airport, seeming to fly right next to the water. There was NO airport noise, which was awesome. In the morning we walked the Bay Path across the street and it was lovely.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame? Share your experiences!