“Nice hotel close to San Francisco.” 4 of 5 stars

2X POINTS PACKAGE
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Burlingame, United States
“Nice hotel close to San Francisco.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stay in this hotel every time because it is near our family's home and it is close to San Francisco. It is half the price of a nice hotel in San Francisco and Burlingame is charming. The staff are always friendly. If you have a dog you can bring your dog. The hotel restaurant has been recently remodeled and looks very chic and modern.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have just arrived back home from a wonderful 14 days long stay at your hotel. It was my first time in the SFO area. I used the hotel as a base to explore San Francisco and different places in the Bay area. Being an aviation enthusiast, I got a room on the 12th floor facing north. When booking I did not know the lay out of the hotel, I thought bay view meant airport view. So I had booked a bay view room. When I arrived at the room I soon found out that I wanted to no see just the sea, but the airport as well. Luckily, the hotel could accommodate me in a room of my desire.

Staff was wonderful and friendly. The breakfast in the restaurant had nice buffet and splendid bay views. Staff was so friendly. I will especially mention Tina, I think her name is, in the restaurant. She made guests feel special. On a few occasions, though, I experienced that the waiters at breakfast, even with few guest sitting around, would remove my plate and clean my table while I was about serve myself from the buffet again. This was a bit annoying when it occurred. The feeling you get when your newly and freshly poured juice and water, knife and fork, and so on, is just gone, and you are about to sit down and continue your meal, is not a good one. It happened two or three times during my 14 day stay, and there were not much apology. If the restaurant was completely full and was chaotic, I could understand it, but not with few tables occupied and it was not closing time yet. That put aside, the food was excellent, and staff helpful.

The issue that I do not give a rate of 5 stars is this: The hotel pool is closed for renovation. I was sorry to read that when I booked the stay, since I like using the pool when I stay at hotels. But an alternative was given: the Embassy Suites next door. A ten minute walk or option of transportation from the Hilton. Fair enough. It makes it a bit more troublesome to use a pool when it is not in the hotel itself, though. But the main thing is that I found the pool at the Embassy Suites dirty. You could see dirt on the bottom. In addition, It was noisy and at times crowded, with people jumping out in the water from everywhere, not much space to swim or time to relax. I used to pool only twice. The last time I used it I got sick in the stomach shortly afterwards, I do not know if this was caused by bad hygienic quality of the pool water. Since then I would not use the Embassy Suites pool again. I know that this is not the responsibility of the Hilton Airport Hotel, but they use this as the option before their pool is renovated. I asked the hotel when their pool would finish, I had seen in reviews here that the management has said it would open shortly. What does shortly mean? The hotel said to me that no date has been fixed yet. But they thought it would be sometime in August, may be. I had hoped that the pool would be finished during my long stay in July.

There were many good benefits at the hotel despite a currently lacking pool. Good walking paths along the bayshore, good for exercise and for plane watching on my part, when I was not on a trip to San Francisco or to different places in the Bay area.

All in all I enjoyed this long stay at this hotel. I will not let the impression of the alternative pool that the hotel offered ruin my experience of a great SFO vacation.

I will return one day and I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a detailed review of your stay with us. Having a guest stay 14 days is not a common experience for us and it is wonderful to know you found your time at our hotel enjoyable.

I am happy to report our pool renovation is now complete and our pool is open for business. I thank you for your understanding and do hope you come back to give it a try soon.

Waltham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I travel to northern CA a lot and have stayed at this Hilton quite a bit. My previous experiences were always positive. Unfortunately not this time. I have a sense they are under new "management". The renovated spaces are much nicer, but they lost the personal customer service. I complained about water leaking outside of the bathroom from the shower, showed the manager the wet carpet in my room hallway and near my bed. I just got a "tub must be leaking". I asked them to give me an a new room in the morning....and since I didn't approach them....they did not approach me. I stayed in the same "wet rugged" room for 4 days. I could have made a stink....but thought they should have. In addition, my room key had to be replaced 5 plus times because it would not let me into the Executive Lounge (yes I am a Diamond member). It also NEVER worked to lift the gate out of their parking lot. This was VERY frustrating...especially since on two occasions cars were lined up behind me while they had to manually open the gate. Will definitely be staying elsewhere in the future.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am terribly sorry for the lack of service you experienced during your recent stay with us. Not following up with you regarding your room issues is inexcusable as are the numerous issues you experienced with your guestroom keycard.

The hotel team today is the same group of dedicated professionals you had grown to trust. I do hope you will reconsider giving us another try as I am confident we will deliver the same exceptional service you had become accustom to receiving.

Please give us another chance…we will not let you down.

folsom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our family of four stayed here for one night (utilized the Stay, Park, and Fly Package) prior to going on vacation out of SFO. Overall, we were very happy with our stay as it provided a smooth start to our vacation. The staff was helpful and allowed us to check into our room early (12:00 p.m.). The room (14th floor facing north) had a modern design with comfortable beds and good sized flat-screen television. The only downside with the room was that we did experience some noise from planes taking off and landing at SFO to the north. We did not utilize the restaurant and bar area but it appeared to have been updated and looked like a comfortable place to relax. The parking situation was better than expected as we were able to leave our car in garage area under the hotel for the length of our vacation. The airport shuttle was timely both leaving for SFO and returning back after vacation. If we utilize SFO again for departing on vacation we would stay at the Hilton again without any reservations. By the way, rate for one night hotel and parking for 10 days was $211 (including all taxes, fees, etc).

Room Tip: Choose a south-facing room to reduce noise impacts from the airport
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here for a night on July 16 and loved every minute of the experience!

From the fastest check-in process to a fab room with a view (without even requesting any!) to an awesome Concierge Lounge experience, this Hilton gave a business traveler like me a PERFECT experience!

This is one of the few Hiltons where the Executive lounge is so well-stocked along with a very pleasant staff. Breakfast was just fabulous!

Will definitely return!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. My staff is committed to ensuring our guests feel special when staying with us and reading your comments helps us know our efforts are focused in the right direction. We will continue to focus on providing the best possible experience for our guests.

Come back and see us again soon.

John C. Kellites /General Manager
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel is very conveniently situated---close to the airport and very easy to find. Close to the freeways so that if you need to go sight seeing, very easy access---friendly staff and very clean hotel. Great value

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your stay with us and highlighting so many of our hotel’s features. It is wonderful to read you enjoyed your time with us. My team is committed to ensuring each guest leaves wanting to came back and see us again and hearing your comments lets us know our efforts are focused in the right direction.

Thank you again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I spend 1 night at this hotel. The staff is very helpful and our request for non smoking floor with the sea view is available. Hight speed internet for support my activity also available. The room is clean and nice to take a rest. Breakfast is good food and we are enjoy the friendly staff to keep asking if i need help.
Overall this hotel is recommended to our next stay. Another plus point this hotel is very near to airport just in case need rush to get the plane.

Room Tip: upper floor with bay view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!