“Substandard Hilton” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Substandard Hilton”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Dated rooms and especially bathroom. You pay $10 for parking and another $10 for internet. Room service adds 18% surcharge plus a $3 delivery charge. It all adds up very quickly for a hotel that offers very little in terms of quality, comfort or value to match their prices.
Annoying. Feel like i got mugged.

Stayed October 2013
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and are sorry to learn you were unhappy with our hotel.

I am sorry you found some of our fees annoying. We do offer a variety of packages which incorporate various features such as internet and parking which you may find a better value based on your particular needs. These packages can be found on our Hilton brand site.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. You may contact me directly at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line 650-340-9179.

John C. Kellites / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We fly into SFO 2 - 4x per month. Often, we are heading to downtown San Francisco for meetings, or to one of the other Burlingame hotels, as the meetings are there. However, we often connect out of SFO to points elsewhere, and often stay at the Hilton Burlingame, to keep from having to catch 5:00AM flights to other places. We have been staying at the Hilton Burlingame for many years, though usually for just the night, to make our connections to London, Sydney, Hawai`i and even points on the US East Coast. This inn has great proximity to SFO, and offers a free shuttle service, that is very efficient. However, it is starting to show its age, and pretty badly. It needs a major overhaul.

Now, I am an HHonors Diamond VIP (the highest level in their loyalty program), and have "Non-Smoking, King bed" in my profile, plus always make sure to check the same. However, on this stay, we were given a room, that had a smoker, as the previous guest, and housekeeping just opened the window - not good enough - the room stank from the smoke. We were promptly moved, BUT the AC unit in the new room sounded like a leaf blower, when it turned on, which was about ever 20 mins. - really not fun to try to get some sleep.

The staff has always been great, and have quickly helped with any issues, but it appears that the infrastructure needs some major work to get this property back to where it once was.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. I am terribly sorry your stay was filled with so many disappointments. Unfortunately not all our guests respect our 100% smoke free policy and I am terribly sorry you were given a guestroom that had not been adequately refreshed. We strive to provide our guests with a flawless experience and when that is not the case the entire team is disappointed.

To ensure I adequately address all your concerns I ask that you please contact me directly so we can have the opportunity to discuss each of your issues. I can be reached at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line is 650-340-9179.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Hilton Bay Front is a nice hotel the rooms were clean the staff were ok not overly friendly (my coworker received a package but the hotel never left her know and we had to go back for it before she left for the airport), I liked the decor of the hotel, and the fruit infused water was very good. I stayed here two nights on business and it was convienantly located to my place of work, downtown San Francisco and the airport. My only minor complaint was the shower it took me until the last day to get the switch that turns it from a shower to bath to work right, the first two nights it felt more like a drizzle than a shower but I am assuming since I was at an end of a hallway this room was not given out much. But I would stay here again if on business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We value the opinion of all our guests and greatly appreciate you sharing yours with us. It is wonderful to read you enjoyed your time with us however I am disappointed that your stay was not the flawless experience you deserve. Please be assured we will investigate your concerns immediately and make every effort to ensure the low water pressure issue you experience does not repeat itself.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reno, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The staff is very helpful, the room service was fast and good. Also the location is easy to access from the freeway. Beds were comfortable and it was very quiet, I would recommend this hotel for leisure or business travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Staff was extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel is an easy drive or ride to the airport and if you have a bayside room you can see the planes coming in to land.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. My team never grows tired of reading such wonderful comments about our hotel and the service we provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

honolulu, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hilton SFO Bayfront is a good hotel if you want to be near SFO. I chose to stay there due to the favorable rates and convenience of family and friends also there for a family wedding. Were I there to sightsee SF, I would have chosen something in SF, as it takes 1.5-1.75 hours to get to SF from the hotel (hotel shuttle to SFO, then BART to SF). The hotel staff, while courteous, makes errors. Due to front desk error in coding my room key at check-in, I lost out 2 mornings on the nice buffet breakfast that should have been included on my Exec. Level room. My daughter bought the Continental Breakfast in the hotel restaurant due to the error. It was not comparable to the Exec buffet breakfast. The hotel did not offer to make amends when I discovered its error while still there. The room heater was noisy but the weather turned unseasonably warm and I did not need the heater for the rest of my stay so I forgot to complain. The phone message flashing light is dim and difficult to see in normal light. Bathroom has no towel bars.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. I am terribly sorry you experienced any disappointments. We strive to provide our guests with a flawless experience and when that is not the case the entire team is disappointed.

To ensure I adequately address all your concerns I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your issues with you personally. I can be reached at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line 650-340-9179.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Hengelo, Overijssel, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel about 30 minutes drive from the city center and only 10 minutes from the airport. At the arrival at the hotel their reservation system was down. The staff was able to check us in even with the system down, great. We booked an executive room on the 13th floor and there is a breakfast on the 15th floor for the executive rooms. In the afternoon there are drinks an food on the 15th floor, all included in the room. The room are nice and the bed is very comfortable. Parking is $18 a night extra and most wines served on the 15th floor are $7 each.

Room Tip: Choice the executive package so you have a room on the top floors and access to the lounge on the 15...