“Great Stay, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

2X POINTS PACKAGE
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great Stay, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton on business because it is the hotel my company uses. I was surprised by the great view of the bay from my room. Having access to the executive lounge for their delicious breakfast and evening treats was a great bonus. The little cordon bleu balls were the best! The room was spacious and comfortable.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the Executive Level with access to the Executive Lounge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a modern and clean hotel. The room I had is spacious and the bed is very comfortable and staff is friendly and helpful. Check in is fast and efficient. There is nothing bad about this hotel at all. The Executive Lodge is very well equipped and offers free breakfast and snacks.The food at the restaurant is also very nice and reasonably priced. I high recommend this hotel. It has free shuttle to and from SFO.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. My team is committed to providing our guest with a the best possible experience and reading a review such as yours lets us know we are working in the right direction.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is near the airport so it is conviently located. I gave it a very good rating but would almost give it a Average rating. The staff at check in were friendly but a little stuffy. The hotel itself was clean and looked up to date. Our room was average size and the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was large and had a great shower! The rooms were not anything out of the ordinary but were very clean so that always wins me over. Now here are the points that would bring the rating down for me and for the life of me I cant figure out how a hotel can charge you $20 a day for parking!!! Seriously I park my car myself and us a key to get in and out but I have to pay you to park!! This is a huge pet peeve of mine but its a way to add revenue I guess. Also you have to pay for wifi and it is not that great! My girlfriend got sick while we were there here stomach was upset and she needed something to help settle it I know room service is not free and I understand that but seriously a ginger ale and some saltines crackers(a package of oyster crackers) was 12 dollars. I mean I had no problem buying the ginger ale and paying the room service charge but charging 5 bucks for a package of oyster crackers!!! Get real. If there were vending machines on the floor I would have used them but I understand this is not a Holiday Inn also it was the middle of the night so I could go down and get one. All in all I would not stay here again just because of all the add ons and not so overly friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very help, providing us with insight into what we are doing well and areas we can improve upon. I was sorry to read you only consider us to be only "Average". It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave feeling special and our hotel equally so. We will continue to work towards this goal and do hope you come back to see us again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The pluses: beautiful views of the bay, great executive lounge, very friendly staff, rooms are big and have a good practical set up where all furniture is built in and very accommodating to luggage.
Minuses: my shower was old, a bit far from the airport (20 minutes by shuttle), though the shuttle is a nice limo-style van.

World stay here again because of Hilton status though would prefer being closer to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great hotel! Excellent rooms, very clean and well kept. Extremely friendly staff, very helpful and kind. All the amenities that you need during your business trip. Parking rates are not bad for the San Francisco area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Platteville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Hotel is in a very quiet area ,no traffic,great views.The room was very cleanand comfy. parking a car here is 12$ a day which is total bulls$%t.and after 7 at night you cant find a parking spot.We a drinks in the bar .Do not have a margarita there .they are awful.access to hyw 101 is great. we would deffinatly stay again.we found a great price on priceline.com .You cannot beat $103 a night for this nice of a room. did not eat in the resturant........................................

Room Tip: pick a room facing south or east.for the airport flight path or west and north for the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotia, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed with my husband and mother at this Hilton, for one night, so that we could make our early flight. The halls were a bland color and the hall lighting was not too good, and the room was not "deluxe" in any way. We had two double beds. The beds were ok, full sized, not queen. The room was dated and dark. The bathroom was furnished with two bath towels, and when I called "guest services" to request at least one more, there was no answer. I left a message and we never received the extra towels. The hotel charges for bottled water ($3.00), wireless computer access in the rooms (I didn't bother), and for parking. They claim to be an "airport" hotel, but the hotel was at least 5 miles from the airport. We were going to return our rental car a night early, and take the hotel shuttle, but due to the distance we just waited to return the car the next morning. When I saw how crowded the shuttle was, and talked to other people staying at the hotel, I was glad we paid for the extra parking.
The restaurant/bar food and drinks were mediocre, at best. The service was OK, but the bartender was way too busy. The fruit in the sangria was a bit bitter. My mom had a tiny bowl of soup, which was tasty but overpriced. The quesadilla was dry and the quacamole and other sauces were tasteless. We were hungry and tired, so we made do.
I would not recommend this hotel, even for one night, as there are so many hotels near the airport, that do not charge as much and provide more services (free wireless and parking for guests). I expected so much more from a Hilton!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review and share your experience. Our goal is to provide each guest with a perfect, flawless stay and when that does not occur we have failed to deliver the experience our guests deserve. I apologize for the issues and disappointments you encounter during your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable and will ultimately help us to continue improving the service we provide our guests.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you with our hotel and service.

John C. Kellites / General Manager

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!