“Extra charges” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hesperia, California, USA
“Extra charges”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Everything was well as can be expected. The room was Ok. There was bottle water that was half drunk. The bed however was nice and comfy. Best mattress I have evr slept on.
Th area was really nice. The service was extrordinary. The cleanliness as well as the quietness was astounding.
I would return on one condition if I am not charged an extra 40.00 on my credit card when returning home. As well as an unopened bottle of water.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. My team and I strive to ensure each guest has an exceptional experience when staying with us and the fact that yours was simply OK is very disappointing. As for the open bottle of water I am shocked and sincerely apologize. Your room should have been perfect in every detail and you can be assured we have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping team so as to ensure a similar incident does not repeat itself.

It is encouraging to hear you are willing to return. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail in hopes I can personally address your concerns and ensure you do return to us in the future. You may contact me at my direct line 650-340-9179 or my email john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

John C. Kellites /General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed here in an exec level room for one night before a morning flight. For that purpose this hotel is well suited. The hotel shuttle from the airport (stops at Embassy Suites and all terminals too) is comfortable and fairly regular. The wait for it outside the airport can leave you quite exposed to the elements in bad weather, however. Check-in was brisk and efficient, although it later transpired our room cards were a little temperamental - the elevators and executive lounge door often failed to recognize them. The person on duty at the front desk changed them without a fuss, but again in a fairly curt way - no apologetic smile for the (admittedly minor) inconvenience or 'let me fix that for you'. New cards were just handed over. In stark contrast with our experience of most of the other hotels on our trip, only one member of staff (the very cheery chambermaid) managed to crack a smile when interacting with us. The extra charge for in-room internet use is also very disappointing in 2012, even more so when, after signing up for it, you discover it's 10 dollars per device and not per room/booking. The room was very comfortable and spacious, with good beds and most amenities you would expect - coffee maker, ironing board, etc. The 42" tv screen was a nice touch and good for watching movies. In short, I'd say it was fine for what we needed, but no more than that.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are on the top 5 or so floors and are worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. While it is good to hear that you enjoyed many of the hotel features it was sad to read your stay was not exceptional. Knowing that you departed feeling our staff is not warm and accommodating is extremely disappointing and not at all how we want our guests to leave us. The Hilton promise is to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respect and I apologize we did not keep this promise.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further. You may reach me at my direct line 650-340-9179 or my email john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com.

John C. Kellites /General Manager
Little Elm, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I recommend the small charge to upgrade to the business suite rooms. You'll have access to a very good business center (on the 15th floor) and continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I won this hotel as a 2 night stay on priceline. I was hoping for the Hyatt, but as a Hilton Gold, I thought I would be looked after. No such chance.

My hotel room was looking tired and in the bathroom the shower head was coming apart on the wall. The shower control was also broken. The air conditioning unit was wall mounted and so noisy, it was impossible to sleep with it powered on. The bed was quite comfortable and there is a large flat screen tv.

I arrived by car and was charged $18 a night to park. There is a $10 charge for internet and small bottles of water in the room are $3. I went to the lobby for a coffee and was directed to a self service flask and could not believe they charged me $2 for what are complementary in most hotels I have stayed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. While you had hoped for another property I am grateful you had an opportunity to stay with us and do hope you will visit us again soon.

I am sorry you found some of our fees annoying. We do offer a variety of packages which incorporate various features such as internet and parking which you may find a better value based on your particular needs. These packages are not available through Priceline but can be found on our Hilton brand site.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. You may contact me directly at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line 650-340-9179.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Clean, pleasant stay....nice rooms, comfy beds, great breakfast buffet.....BUT, no real hotel bar and HORRIBLE wifi. I couldn't even write an email. The lobby connection was slightly better, but probably only as fast as dialing up for AOL 2.5

I'd stay here again, but only with 4G on my iPad.

Stayed April 2012
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. While I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel overall I am sorry to hear you do not have the same opinion of our lounge and internet. Our lounge, situated just off our lobby is a large, full service venue offering a wide range of food to compliment the beverage of your choice. We do not consider ourselves a sports bar in the traditional sense but our guests will find a selection of TV’s where they can enjoy the days sporting events.

I am extremely surprised and disappointed about your internet experience. We just recently completed, at a significant cost, an upgrade of our internet service. The feedback we have been receiving from our guests has been very positive making your experience extremely concerning to me. So I may better understand the issues you encountered I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your difficulties with you further. You may contact me directly at 650-340-9179 or at my email john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed at the Bayfront for one night between long flights. The hotel was clean and comfortable. They were very accommodating to us. We arrived at 9 am and they were able to check us into a room in just a few minutes. The room was clean and comfortable for our family of 4. The view was nice looking out over the bay. We also enjoyed watching the planes land at the airport....without any noise from them.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This hotel was our home for three nights. We arrived at SFO around 7:00p and caught their free airport shuttle that they share with the Embassy Suites hotel that is right down the street. All 12 of us fit in their shuttle and we were off to the hotel within minutes of getting our bags. Their shuttle runs about every 20 minutes and we only had to wait about 5 minutes for it. This hotel is south of the airport and right along the water, hence the name Bayfront. The check-in was very fast and easy considering I had 5 rooms under my name. We had rooms all on the same wing on the top floor (15th), which was the executive floor. It was worth booking that level especially with so many people in our group because we all had access to their concierge lounge that serves snacks and drinks all day long. Breakfast in the lounge (included some hot items) was also included as well as evening hors d'oeuvres. They serve Starbucks coffee to boot. The lounge staff were very nice and attentive. The rooms are standard for a Hilton hotel complete with large flatscreen TVs. The rooms also had 2 bottles of water per day for free. Well, they replaced them if you drank them, it's not that they brought two more every day. The hotel is close to the airport but I didn't notice any jet noise. You can see planes land from the rooms.

Another great use of the hotel's free airport shuttle is that you can take it to the international terminal which is where the BART station is located. From there you can take the train right into San Francisco for $8.10 to the Embarcadero Station. It's not exactly cheap, but it will only take 30 minutes. This hotel is a very good choice if you need or have to be near the airport. It's even a good/affordable alternative to staying in the city if you don't mind taking the shuttle to the airport and then the BART up to SF.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!