“Great price and location for a layover place to sleep” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great price and location for a layover place to sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

overall cleaning was pretty good, the beds were comfortable, shower was clean and hot water was running. For the price and comparison to other hotels in the airport area this was a great choice. Hotel staff was also very helpfull and nice. The other plus is that they have a 24 hr dinner, there were not many open places at 1 am on the area.

Most nearby hotels are $60-100 more expensive. This one does the trick for less.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

After reading the numerous positive reviews for this place I was expecting my experience to be a pleasant one. Unfortunately it was the absolute worst experience I've ever had with any hotel before in my life. I'm someone that doesn't make a fuss about much when it comes to traveling. All I ask is for a clean bed, working washroom, and a secure room door that I can lock. To say this place was disgusting would be an understatement. The room smelt like rotting food or mold or something musty and gross. I tried leaving the door open for 3 hours my first morning to air it out but it didn't help at all. The beds were extremely uncomfortable with flat pillows and paper thin covers that left us freezing through the night. The ceiling was cracked and there were roaches and spiders that would fall out of the crack periodically which was especially unnerving because it was directly over one of the beds. The bathroom was also disgusting. The toilet, shower, and sink smelt like raw sewage constantly where I was scared to even brush my teeth with the water so I used bottled water. There was nowhere to park the car on a weeknight because it was full and I literally had to wait in the parking lot for 45 minutes until someone at the other end of where my room was located left. Extremely noisy in the morning from road noise, airplanes, and people due to paper thin walls.

Needless to say I was glad it was only a two night stay so I wasn't going to waste my time complaining because I doubted that any other room would be much better. This place is a dump. It's a motel not a hotel. I wasn't even going to write a review because I don't want to ruin anyone's business and since it's my first visit to California I really didn't have any other hotel to compare it too. Maybe this place is considered decent for the area but it definitely would be considered a dump to any other area I've ever visited.

The reason I feel obligated to post a review however is because this hotel charged my credit card for a full two nights stay after I left. When I checked into this hotel I showed them my receipt that stated that the room was already paid in full, months earlier. I booked and paid my reservation through itravel2000. The front desk acknowledged my reservation, confirmed to me that there were no other charges pending, and took my credit card information to file it in case of incidentals. When I checked out I brought my room keys back, once again confirmed that there was no other charges that I needed to be concerned about, and then left feeling confident that I had nothing else to worry about. After returning home from my trip I viewed my credit card history and noticed that I was over charged for a two night stay on the very day that I checked out of the hotel, the very day that the front desk confirmed to me that my credit card wasn't charged for anything. It's been 3 days since I called the Red Roof Motel and I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me. The person I spoke to over the phone was extremely rude, made it sound like I was a lying about the fact that the hotel knew about my pre-paid reservation and continued to deny that my hotel was pre-paid even though they were able to find my pre-paid reservation immediately upon check in.

So to every person who is considering using this motel and trusts the reviews I would be wary. There is no way on earth that this motel could ever be considered a decent place to stay in anyone's book. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! I've even stayed at hostels that were better than this.

Room Tip: Bring nose, ear, and eye plugs. Rooms are smelly, noisy, and hard to look at. Bring your own pillo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
RRI-SFO, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the San Francisco Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies for the billing error, please give a call directly and I will personally assist you to resolve all your billing issues.

Jack K. - General Manager
Red Roof Inn - San Francisco Airport
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I read the reviews of this motel here on TripAdvisor and thought I was going to get a good value. I was wrong.

This is definitely more motel than hotel. It had the look of a made-over Motel 6. Our room was extremely small (the professional photos are very misleading), and the walls were paper thin. You could hear every little sound, both from outside and from the room next door.

We had just driven 4 hrs. from Reno and arrived here a little after midnight, so we were extremely tired. Unfortunately for us, it took forever to check in (there were just two people in front of us in line). We asked for the quietest room they had, but got the opposite.

When we entered our room, we found dirty towels on the bathroom floor as well as in the sleeping area. In addition, there was a used bar of soap in the shower. Further, the shower curtain rod was partially pulled away from the wall and sagging, which caused the curtain itself to collect in the middle instead of staying closed. Also, there was no hair dryer. [This alone wouldn't be a big deal, but was an additional pain in light of what I've previously noted.]

We went to the desk to complain and we asked for at least a partial refund due to all of this, but we were told that was not possible as we had booked through Expedia. We were offered another room, but as I mentioned, we were dead tired, and we already had brought all our things to the room we had.

When we checked out the next morning, I was going to tell the clerk about our room, but he didn't even bother to ask how our stay was.

We will not stay here again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the San Francisco Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies for the noise, housekeeping and maintenance issues.

Should your travel plan returns you to San Francisco Airport area, please let me know so that I can personally assist you with all your accommodation needs.

Jack K. - General Manager
Red Roof Inn - San Francisco Airport
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This is one heck of a deal. Great location, large rooms, microwave, safe, refrigerator, desk, free wifi, the new room design, free airport shuttle and free parking. Even better a Great price. You can't go wrong.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
san carlos,ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I am a platinum with the Marriott and all that really should mean is your loyalty to their brand. I spent the last three years at the San Mateo Residence inn.I have never been so disappointed
in the way I was treated by the Manager's that work there and some of the employees. Sadly I
was even more disappointed by the customer service department. After such a horrible and a
huge amount of money spent with them I had no expectations when I came to the Red Roof in
Burlingame. I was pleasantly surprised how great the front desk staff are…and I mean all of them
and housekeeping just as wonderful. It has been over a month and I am still here. I would rate this place a ten star . Let me just say If the Marriott is a five star trust me this would then be rated a ten star. I recommend this hotel highly. Rubin Lopez is wonderful, Pretty from the from desk is a
love as well. They all are.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is our second time here but our experience was a lot better than the first time. The 2 queens we had the last time was not so good but we had the King room this time. We stayed at the 5th floor with no view (I think it was still nice even without the ocean view). Very nice clean room, smells really good and I like the art on the wall. We didn't spend a lot of time in our room but it feels like home whenever we got back from a very long day. Parking space could be tight in the evening. There is no breakfast included at the price but there's a restaurant attached to the hotel. We ate there and we thought that it was okay but the service was great. There's also a Shell gasoline station nearby where you can buy food. Internet works fine but if you need to print out something they charge $3 for 10mins to use the desktop at the lobby.

Overall, it was a great experience. Highly recommended!!!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have used this hotel many times and I find it very reliable. The hotel shuttle runs from the hotel to the airport at :25 and :55 past the hour. There is also a great little restaurant attached that is open 24 hrs and everyone is as nice as can be. I like being able to go over there and get fresh food anytime I like. Try the Pho soup

Room Tip: Stay closer to the lobby and down low for a quiter room. The higher you go and the more towards the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!