“Great Location, Fine Basic Room” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010   |
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Burlingame
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Location, Fine Basic Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed the night before an early flight. Perfect. Not the place I would want to stay in except for in/out of airport. Room was two double (not queen) beds. Clean and neat, bathroom was clean as well. Free internet was fine the night we moved in, but didn't work the (very early) morning we left. Plenty of free parking. Easy access to the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your park and fly stay, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location. I'm sorry to hear that internet was not working for you next morning, which was fixed later with a phone call to out 24/7 Tech Support.

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We spent one night here in September after flying in from the UK and before picking up our car for the rest of the holiday. Unfortunately when we arrived there was chaos at check in, the computer was down and the staff were struggling to cope, unable to retrieve reservations and issuing keys to rooms already occupied, including ours. There was no plan B. the room was fine and the food and service in the ground floor cafe excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm sorry computer went down during your check-in process, your feedback is very important to us, we will take corrective actions to avoid such situation again in the future.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant on site.

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel to San Francisco often and I usually stay at the Red Roof Inn. I was there twice last week and always had a great experience. Last night I lost my phone in the lobby and Charlotte and Honiva tracked me down to return the phone. As a digital Marketing sales person, my phone is my life line. I was so thankful that they tracked me down and returned it to me.

They are the best,

Mark London
Portland Oregon

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant. Charlotte and Homira will be very happy to know that you were delighted with their customer service skills.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed during a couple of days at the Red Roof SFO for a business purpose which took me both to the Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Somewhat in between, it proofed to be the ideal location since one can reach the Valley easily throu I-280 (better choice than the overloaded 101) and be fast in SF. I had a superior King room and was pleased with its size, features (microwave, fridge, ironing board) and cleanliness. The remodeling of late 2012 resulted in a hardboard floor which I definitely prefer over the typical 70ies carpet solution you still find in many hotels. I didn't use neither the pool nor the restaurant so can't tell much there but that the restaurant had always quite a number of guests. The staff was very helpful ans supportive.

WLAN was available, but had slowness peaks during high usage hours (evenings, at weekend). Maybe one could extend the backbone. The windows can't be opened, but with its motel setup (front view with public access) you rather leave it closed anyway.

Room Tip: I'd recommend higher floors towards the airport (north side)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our modern and renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant. Our staff will be very happy to know that you were delighted with their customer service skills.

Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I are in desperate need of a place to stay on a Saturday early morning (2am). We just came back from a trip and because we are very tired we can't afford to drive at all. The hotel is okay but we had a hard time to sleep because the bed and specially the pillow are not comfortable. For $150 that we paid just for that 1 night and we checked out early morning around 8am the next day I don't think it is worth paying that much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that pillow and bed were not comfortable for you. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Hope to see you soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had made a reservation with the Red Roof Inn a couple of weeks prior to my visit. A few days later, I had realized that I had not received my confirmation number, so I called back and talked to Edward about my reservation. He had informed me that I HAD no reservation and the Hotel was now sold out on those days. I explained to him who I had talked to and my experience. He took me at my word and fixed the problem!! Now, that's integrity!! I checked in at the Hotel and was able to meet Edward. Very professional and just wanted to make sure I had all my needs met!! Edward alone, is reason enough for me to be a Red Roof Inn user for LIFE!! Thank you, EDWARD!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel has better internet access
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our renovated rooms, and convenient location. I’m very proud of my staff members. I'm very happy to know that Edward went extra mile to provide you with a delighted customer service!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the redroof inn a and it was a lovely stay. The rooms were nice and clean. I checked in and there was a very nice lady at the front desk her name was Beverly she helped us with everything we needed.. Thank you again Beverly and redroof inn..

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review. The Red Roof Inn definitely has a perfect location and clean renovated rooms. Thank you for your compliments on our staff, I will be sure to pass this to my team.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Thanks again,

Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport CA

Been to Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!