“Always friendly.” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
“Always friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I stay at the Red Roof Inn often and look forward to seeing my "friends" when I arrive. Ruben, Sheraz and Shabina always greet me by name, ask how I am and appear genuinely happy to see me. I usually arrive in the evening so they are the employees that are working but all the employees are a great group of people. It says something when a company keeps good employees around for a long time. There doesn't seem to be a huge turnover rate here. The new remodel is a nice addition to having great employees. It is clean, smoke free and comfortable. I tell people I stay here because I am treated so well, the rooms are comfortable and the price is great.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Messaou, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart to try and improve the guest experience here at the hotel. We do try our best to provide a home away from home for our guests and the staff is very much a part of that effort.
Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I chose this hotel specifically because they did not charge extra for dogs and parking and it exceeded my expectations! The front desk was super helpful and the room was really clean. The internet worked fine and the restaurant downstairs was really fast. I totally recommend this property and would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Messaou, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to read that you took advantage of our wonderfull pet policy where the pets can stay with you free of charge. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart to try and improve the guest experience here at the hotel.
Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Red Roof inn is nicely located near SFO. The rooms have been recently renovated and are quite comfortable. The price is good considering the location. However, all the rest need to be renovated. The elevators feel like they are on their last breath. The passageways are old and grey. It needs more to compete with the other hotels around, price cannot be it's only advantage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart to try and improve the guest experience here at the hotel. We are hoping for a elevator modification in the near future and upper management has been informed.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nice renovated room with friendly staff. Ruben was very helpful!!
On site 24 hour restaurant has good food with good price. Free parking was great when you drive around.. I will go back and stay there again!

Room Tip: I might avoid to stay on ground floor room. some people smoked in front and some noises by guests.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart to try and improve the guest experience here at the hotel. I am glad that Reuben provided you with memorable service and the 24 hour restaurant and airport shuttle were a positive amenity for you.
Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Perhaps I just got a bad room, Room 133.
From just a glance, I love what they have done with the place: Updated rooms, faux-wood floors (I find hotel carpets disgusting), and great shower water pressure. Add to it a friendly staff and 24-hour airport shuttle service and you have a great deal.
So what is wrong? Well, mainly maintenance and housekeeping. Here are a couple of things I experienced when I was there:
-A tub with "permanent footprint" stains.
-A toilet where you have to hold the handle down to flush.
-A shower drain that drains at half the speed of the shower produces water.
-An unplugged clock radio that - frankly - I couldn't figure out once it was plugged in.
-A couple of dark stains on one of the pillow cases.
-Some crud in the bathroom behind the shower door.
-Wi-fi that simply did not work.
Finally, a note to the staff: Make sure housekeeping checks INSIDE the temperature control panel of the heating/AC unit. I am not going to tell you WHAT some smart-[--] guest left there, but needless to say, I hope to not find it again...
Too bad, because this is a good, budget hotel concept. I know: I could have called and requested another room, but I had already unpacked/gotten comfortable, yadda-yadda.
Still, I probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart to try and improve the guest experience here at the hotel. Thank you for your detail as this will help us improve. We will share your review with the team.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

As mentioned in the previous reviews, this 3 star hotel is recently remodelled, the rooms are nice, simple and clean. This is right by the airport and a good 20-25 minute drive to San Francisco (without traffic). The prices are reasonable, free wifi, Big flat screen tv & free parking. We didn't have breakfast included but the adjacent restaurant has a big selection for reasonable prices. Just note the beds are FIRM, if this is what you like, you will love it... it was just a little too firm for my taste!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Messaou, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart to try and improve the guest experience here at the hotel. I was glad to read that you found the hotel was convienent to San Francisco. Our rooms were recently renovated with Flat Panel television, free wifi and a 24 hour restaurant connected to the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is a great place for staying in San Francisco. They have recently completed a complete remodel of the rooms, lobby, and restaurant. The beds are so very comfortable with nice flat screen tvs. They offer free parking, free airport shuttle, free wifi, and laundry facilities. The staff at this property is exceptional! They really make you feel welcomed and really do everything they can to ensure your stay is fantastic. Two of my favorite staff are Ruben and Ed, who always have very warm smiles and provide very warm and professional service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart to try and improve the guest experience here at the hotel. I was gald to read that Reuben and Edward took great care of you and that you enjoyed the free wifi and flat panel T.V's
Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to see you again soon.

Been to Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!