“honest & helpful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Burlingame
san jose, ca
“honest & helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

my wife & baby girl & I stayed here the night before we left for France. at the airport, I realized I had lost/forgotten my ring. called red roof from france; talked to George... hoped someone may have turned it in. turns out one of the employees turned it in! ( her name is Mireya). George assured me it would be waiting for me when I got back ... and he was there to hand it to me a week later. Thank you, Mireya for your honesty and thank you, George for all of your excellent customer service... & thank you, Red Roof for hiring such outstanding employees! p.s. also a cozy, comfortable, affordable place for us to crash for the night.

• Stayed October 2012
Messaou, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. I was glad to read that George our Front Desk agent was able to provide you with memorable service. I will be sure to share your comments with him and we are fortunate to have him in our employ. Thank you again for your business and we do hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Jeff Durkin

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is the second time in this hotel and we really enjoyed. The place is clean and very convenient. The shuttle to the airport is always on time and the hotel has its restaurant open 24/7 and is very good. The front desk people are always very friendly and helpful. And I know that next time in Sfo we will stay there.

Room Tip: We always like the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Skipton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed there for one night before flying transatlantic. Parking was fine, the girl on check in couldn't have been more pleasant, or efficient. Within 5minutes of arriving I was in my room, which was very clean and modern. The airport shuttle in the morning was on time, only stopped at one other hotel, and had me at the airport within 12 minutes. The driver was friendly, even at 5.24am, and lifted my suitcase on and off the bus.
Last time I stayed near the airport it was in a Marriott a few hundred yards up the road, but that was twice the price, and wasn't twice as good. This does what it says on the tin- its cheap, clean an the staff are pleasant- I'd stay there agin with no worries- but if you are after a 5 star experience, spend twice as much and drive a bit further along the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you found the hotel provided you a with great value. I will be sure to share your comments with the team here at the hotel. Thank you again for your business.

Regards,

Jeff
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked my stay at the red roof over the phone. The agent that booked my stay tried her best to get my request in, but due to my confusing schedule and a couple of free night coupons that I had accumulated it was not completely correct when I arrived at the completely booked up hotel. I checked in with Nancy who greeted me with a great big warm smile. She looked up my reservation and without any hesitation fixed my booking up perfectly. I travel a lot and she definitely went above and beyond to take care of me. Thank you Nancy, you have earned a loyal guest for many, many future stays.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed in room #324 on 9/11/12 with my wife. Check-in took a while (". . . computers were down . . .") Room was perfectly acceptable and I'd rate it five stars - for what it is: an inexpensive room with excellent airport shuttle service near a major airport.

My only complaint was two days later I discovered two bed-bug bites on each forearm. Phoned the hotel and left a message for the manager. He called back, saying they had thoroughly checked the room and found nothing.

After thinking about it very carefully, I am personally confident I was bitten at this hotel, since it was the only hotel bed I slept in. Due to only four bites on my arms, I suspect they were in the pillow and not pervasive enough to leave overwhelming evidence for the manager to find.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlingame
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stay at the Red Roof in Burlingame, CA a great deal. I am a flight attendant and for about the past 6 months, I have faithfully spent $500 per month there... some months more. I stay there so much that I purchase blocks of 10 nights.

Recently I noticed that I was charged for a night when I was not here, the 29th of September. When I spoke to the manager, she claims that I made a reservation for that night at the check in counter and didn't show up. This is not the case. I checked in on the 26th and checked out the 28th. I never made a reservation for the 29th.

She refuses to refund me. This is NOT acceptable. I am being charged for a night that I never made a reservation for.

As a reward for my faithful patronage, the Red Roof Inn in Burlingame, CA has stolen from me!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband is an airline employee who wanted me to post. he uses this hotel as his layover choice 3-4 x a month. George the front desk manager is friendly and accommodating... as is the entire staff! This hotel is excellent value for a short SFO layover. His favorite aspect of this hotel is the running trail behind the hotel, that goes for miles. Van service is on time and frequent (every 30 mins). Restaurant attached has decent food. The hotel has new mattresses and is newly renovated. His rating of 5 is due to a comparison of this hotel to others in its 3 star category.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!