“An amazing meal at an incredible price!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 371 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Bakery, Cuban, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
South Durham USA
“An amazing meal at an incredible price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We visited Porto's right after taking the VIP Tour at Warner-Brothers studio in Burbank. I had read the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, so I came in with high expectations.

Those expectations were blown away.

The food was incredible and VERY reasonably priced! I had a Cuban Sandwich and a wonderful pastry that was filled with chorizo. My wife had the most amazing bread pudding she has ever eaten (it was fantastic!!) and my kids loved their food. And the price we paid for all of it was well below what we would have paid anywhere else!!!

The place was packed for lunch, but the service was terrific and we were served quickly.

Just an all-around terrific experience!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Roseville, California
“OMG, seriously awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I want the owners to open up one of these down the street from my house. I cannot be expected to drive 7 hours to visit this place on a regular basis. I guess it's just as well, I'd probably be as big as a Plymouth Satellite if there was one close by. The baked good are wondrous, the Cuban sandwich was the bomb. If you don't like this place, you have something wrong with you.

Visited June 2014
Ventura, California
“My NEW Favorite Place In Burbank”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was recently introduced to Porto's Bakery during a trip to Burbank. To my amazement, this place has stolen my heart. I busy and popular Cuban themed bakery on the corner of Mongolia Blvd (two miles from Bob Hope Airport).
Perhaps the line to wait is a bit long at times, but it gives you time to check out all the delicious baked goods and sweet treats your heart could desire. I was a bit intimidated my first time around, but when it's your turn in line - a friendly server will walk the bakery line with you and offer you all sorts of helpful tips and suggestions to try. The prices are quite reasonable, so I was able to try much more than I had originally planned. I had a sandwich and a treat, and still had more in a box to take home with me at the end.
I have already introduced two groups of friends to Porto's, and expect to invite more down the line. For my birthday, I drove 50 miles just to order a slice of their heavenly Carrot Cake (it's that good). Well Done Porto's!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Long Lines but Worth the Wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're ever in the neighborhood make to stop by Porto's Bakery. I guarantee you that when and if you stop by, it will NEVER be slow and you wont have any regrets. This place is always packed to the bone. The food and pastries are just exquisite My only complain is that because this place always packed, there's no organization so it can get chaotic. That said, it's still damn worth the trip!

Don't forget to try their mariquitas (plantain chips).

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burbank, California
“Delicious Cuban food and pasteries in Burbank”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Who doesn't love Porto's? It has the best Cuban desserts and tasty food. I love the chicken dinner plate and all of their desserts. We order birthday and holiday cakes from Porto's only. Everything is reasonably priced. Delicious coffee too! Better than Starbucks and at better prices. I highly recommend.

• Visited May 2014