“Life is short. Eat dessert first!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 Bakeries in Burbank
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bakeries, Delicatessen, Cuban
Good for: Doing business, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Life is short. Eat dessert first!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We love to go to Porto's for a light supper followed by lots of absolutely amazing desserts! Great sandwiches!
Plantain chips. Beautiful salads!
A whole LONG display case of every imaginable dessert. We always take a box full of them home with us.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
“Great Flavor even better prices!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been working in the LA area for a couple of weeks, a rep brought in a Carmel Bunt cake from Porto's Bakery in Burbank. Wow is all I can say! I immediately went after work and was so impressed with this bakery. First from the outside it is beautiful, inside equally as gorgeous. This place is corked, they had someone directing traffic, answering questions. I stood in line with some regulars who raved about Porto's. I left with two cheese desserts, two mini Carmel loafs, and two potato rolls, all of this for under $7- Everything was soooo great! I will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burbank, California
“Can I have some more please?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Porto's is a fulfilling whether it is meal time or snack time. My favorite item is the potato balls! You can't go wrong! Empanada's, plantain, cheese rolls...it's all delicious!!!

Visited August 2013
“Meat pies and potato balls...MMM!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I love Porto's bakery. I've been going to their Glendale location since I was a kid. Their Burbank location is really nice, it's huge with a sit down dining section, and large bakery displays. Parking is always a bit of a challenge no matter when you go. Be prepared to possibly walk a bit. This place runs like a well oiled machine. The line was so long and yet we were in and out in under 11 minutes! Amazing.
I've never had an actual meal here so I cannot comment on that. We go for the meat pies and potato balls, both of which are delicious. I can eat 5 or 6 meat pies in one sitting! The desserts look spectacular, really pretty. They taste good, too. Not the best I've ever had, but good. We really prefer the savory items over the sweet.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Quezon City, Philippines
“Cheese Rolls are a must.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

If your fond of breads, pastries, cakes or the likes then you must try Porto's Bakery and Cafe. Their cheese rolls are a must try. Best cheese rolls I've tasted so far. Their other pastries are fantastic as well. Though you need to go there early because people really line up to buy their goods. Tables also get filled quickly as it gets late in the morning until the mid afternoon. We had to go there early to be able to really appreciate the breads and get to dine in.

• Visited September 2013