“Great Italian Beef Sandwiches” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #154 of 371 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Hot Dogs
Glendale, California
“Great Italian Beef Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It's not a fancy place and it's small, but then some of the best places are holes in the wall.
I've had the pasta and the sauce is very good. The pizza is pretty good if you like a thick square. But, I go there for the Italian beef sandwiches. I'm from Chicago and I understand the owner is too. It's probably the only place in the L. A. area where you can get Italian beef sandwiches.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Simi Valley, California
“Unbelievably good Chicago Dog!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Chicago Dogs are really full of flavor and the casing on the dog has a great snap when you bite into it. Equally good is there chopped salad. It's loaded with chicken, salami, lettuce and other Italian goodies. Well worth the stop!

Visited September 2012
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Not as good as expected!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were in the mood for a good hotdog and found there were three hotdog places in the area. We chose this place because it was supposed to Authentic Chicago dogs. The place is owned by Joe Montagna's wife. We ordered the Chicago dogs but were not impressed. A customer came in after we had begun eating and told the girl at the counter that he had driven 40 miles for a Chicago dog, as he was from Chicago and feeling a little homesick. My husband and I looked at each other and said, "Boy is he going to be disappointed." I am from a little town in the San Francisco bay area named Vallejo, and trust me when I say that hotdog would not hold a candle to our favorite hotdog place called Sac's. I would not go here again!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, California
“A lil slice of home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Being a Chicago native, I was extremely excited to try this place out! Everything my family had was true to Chicago food and I was not disappointed! The Italian Beef was my favorite!

Visited April 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Not terrible, but won't cure your homesickness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I went here hearing that Joe Mantagna owned it, expecting great things. Being born and raised in Chicago, I ordered the Italian beef, extra gravy, sweet peppers and mozz.

It was a far cry from genuine. Basically it was a french dip with peppers on it.

Not to say that it was bad in any way, it was pretty good. But it wasn't a genuine Italian beef.

And the decor seems to forget that the Sox even exist.

• Visited April 2011