“Exactly What It Sets Out To Be!!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 372 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Exactly What It Sets Out To Be!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

What can you say about this place other than it delivers on exactly what it sets out to be. It is a classic mid-century diner. Excellent, old fashioned, hearty American, classic diner food. Modestly priced and wonderfully tasty, I think the stand-out here is the cappuccino muffin (heated up) - yum!!! they have terrific sandwiches, breakfasts, salads and entrees. If you want good food at good prices - with no pretense whatsoever - this is the place! Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glendale, California
“Thanksgiving all year!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Tallyrand has been around for as long as I can remember. When an eating establishment endures for decades they are certainly doing something right. This is a place where the locals go, especially when you want turkey and it's not Thanksgiving. You can get a delicious turkey dinner with stuffing and homemade mashed potatoes every day of the year! With your dinner you have a choice of several types of muffins or their fresh baked sourdough bread. Hard to choose as the muffins are great but the bread is awesome! And yes, they are open on Thanksgiving, but you had better make your reservations early as it will be very busy! Yes, there are many good things on the menu but I always get the turkey!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Tally Rand ROCKS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

An 8 year old's review: I went there with my family and I got French Toast with bacon. I got it with syrup to it was awesome!My Dad got a Popeye omelette and shared it with my brother. They thought it was AWESOME! And my mom got a ortega omelette. And she thought it was awesome! I got a chocolate milk. My dad got a Diet Coke. My brother got a pink lemonade. My mom got water. The service was was pretty good. After we finished our meals we went to the front desk and paid. We also got some mints. I got a root beer mint. My brother got a peppermint. So did every one else.

TALLY RAND IS AWESOME

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Luis Obispo
“A slice of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Tallyrand is a Burbank landmark. Good, wholesome cooking like grandma made served by long-time waitresses and waiters who remember your drink order. The bus boys remember you to and are quick to bring whatever you desire. The Hot Turkey sandwich is a favorite as is the Sausage soup on Tuesday. They serve only creamy, cream of wheat on their Power Breakfast along with fresh strawberries - yum yum! Good coffee and pie will round out any meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYc
“Always eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Always eat all my breakfasts here when staying in Burbank would eat other meals here but most night eating at my parents home Food is good and not expensive. Also like their pies and their muffins are great..

Visited February 2014