“Bad Birthday Dinner” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #130 of 371 Restaurants in Burbank
mojave desert
“Bad Birthday Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My friends wanted to take me out for my birthday and as I have several food allergies, the only place I could find that had an interesting menu of gluten free options was PF Changs. I am not supposed to eat any dairy, eggs, gluten, tomatoes or corn...so most places just don't have much more then baked potatoes or salad. When I saw the nice selection of gluten free items, I was happy.
There were 5 of us and I ordered the Chicken Lettuce Wraps and GF Chicken Fried Rice with brown rice and no eggs please. My friend ordered Moo Goo Gai Pan and asked for no mushrooms. Another friend has dentures and can't eat peanuts unless they are chopped up, so he ordered the Pad Thai with chopped peanuts. My husband ordered the Crispy Honey Chicken with brown rice instead of the rice sticks. Our waiter said no problem to all the requests. The 5th friend just ordered the Pad Thai combo and coffee.
First they brought out my lettuce wraps which were fine even though it comes with iceberg lettuce which I really do not like and find hard to digest. Then they brought out the Pad Thai with whole peanuts so we sent it back to have them make it the way it was ordered. My Chicken Fried rice had eggs n it, so it went back. The Moo Goo Gai Pan had mushrooms even though it was ordered without them. Things were not going well and the waiter kind of made me feel like we were being a pain in the butt. He had assured us when we ordered that all the requests were not a problem.
The tea was very bitter like the teapot had not been ever washed out and nobody could drink it without adding a lot of sugar...
My husbands Crispy Honey Chicken came with the rice sticks instead of brown rice, so they brought a bowl of brown rice to the table after we had to mention it to the waiter. Obviously the cook did not bother to read the orders and the waiter did not bother to check the meal and make sure that it was as ordered before bringing it to the table...They were to busy fooling around and cracking jokes. We were just about the only customers, so it was not like they were busy or anything!
When it came time to pay the bill we were charged twice for both dinners that had to be sent back because of their mistake the whole bill came out to close to $100.00 for 5 of us. My friend complained to the manager who had been one of the ones joking around instead of watching over his restaurant. She complained about the awful service and said that it was the worst service she had ever had and we would not be coming back. We were over charged, the service was inattentive at best and the food not that great . To his credit he ended up only charging us for one meal and refunded our money. 3 of us ended up in and out of the bathroom for the rest of the night to add insult to injury.
I have been to PF Changs in Pasadena and Las Vegas and always enjoyed the food and service, so this was a real disappointment!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Savannah, Georgia
“Great food with okay service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food was really good as usual but the service was just okay. Maybe its because we are near Hollywood and just as you would expect our server was apparently the next hit star on the big screen and wanted to tell us about his acting goals. However, the food and drinks are great so definately check this place out.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Galashiels, United Kingdom
“one of the best chinese ive had in the us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

had a few bad chinese meals in america as they differ so much from back home but this one was great and i even got a guinness

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Obnoxiously loud. Mediocre and overpriced Asian food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Ambience: So, when you and the waitress must loudly yell to hear each other ... is it time to say "enough"? Management set up a birthday party group of 22 drunk, loud, constantly-swearing jerks IN THE MIDDLE of the dining area, so that everyone in the entire room had a miserable dining experience. This wasn't just "loud". These were 22 drunk slobs screaming at each other, yelling profanities you could hear anywhere in the restaurant .. and PF Changs allowed it to go on for literally 90 minutes before the slobs finally filtered out. No thanks to the gutless, unprofessional management who allowed the group to ruin everyone's evening.

Reservations: A joke. Got there 5 minutes early. We were handed an alert wand and had to wait the same time as anyone walking in without reservations.

Food: Mediocre. We had Hot-and-Sour soup that was neither. It was very very average. Egg drop soup that was remarkably bland and tasteless. Well below average. Mongolian beef that was overcooked and too thin. Inexusably bad, you can do better at just about any Chinese fast-food joint. Grilled salmon and seared tuna that were acceptable but not remarkable. The tea was good. The cholocate cake was okay but, again, nothing special.

Service: It wasn't this waitress' fault that management placed an obnoxious and loud party in the middle of the dining tables. Our waitress was attentive, professional and friendly.

Value: Expensive. We tried the Fixed Price menu, which is a farce because most of the items have significant up-pricing. Seems kinda deceptive on the restaurant's part. It's a "Fixed Price" menu that isn't fixed price.

Overall: I have eaten at PF Changs several times now. I have never been impressed. This time I was flat-out disgusted with the management's refusal to handle of an out-of-control group. This was the last straw. NEVER AGAIN PF Changs.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Burbank, California
“Love the Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

One of my favorite happy hour spots in Burbank. Happy hour menu is creative. Try the lettuce wraps and crab wontons. Staff is friendly. Prices are reasonable. Located inside the Burbank Town Center.

Been to PF Changs? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage PF Changs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.