“So Awful!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
bs1983
“So Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

I moved over to burbank to start a 6 month course and for the first month i was booked in to stay at the holiday inn. On arrival (after a 10 hour flight...and with jet lag) it took them 45 minutes to check me in, during which time the management staff were excpetionally rude to me. My room was ok, not brilliant. Over the next month i had several items of clothing stolen by the hotel staff, some jewellry, some expensive face creams and tons of my makeup.
With each incident i reported it to the hotel manager, and he told me that he didnt believe me, and that he trusted his staff far more than he trusted me. I had friends from the course staying at the hotel too and they had similar things happen to them. Once my friend was still in bed in the morning and she woke up to find the cleaning lady rifling through her diary!
It was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in, and ive stayed in a fair few! I hope they knock the place down and build something decent there!

Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

This hotel is in a great location for Burbank with restaurants and attractions nearby, not to mention freeway access. I received a great price on the room, so was hard pressed to find fault. However, if I had paid full price I would be disappointed. Room was clean and generally maintained, but outdated decor in the hallways and room. Lighting was inadequate in rooms and hallways and decor looked from late 80's-90's. This Holiday Inn is the decor that the company seems to be trying desparately to get away from. Hotel could easily use a major renvovation.

One major concern was SLOW elevators. It also did not help that one of the elevators was out of order. However, in the tower we stayed in, there are two elevators on each side. Everybody usually goes to the set on the side closest to the Front Desk; go to the other end of the hallway and those are a little faster as they are less used. A better option for the hotel would be to have some elevators only stop on certain floors (i.e. one elevator only goes to 2-9, other elevator goes from 10 up. There's otherwise too many stops for people getting on and off).

Staff was reasonably friendly and restaurant was fine. Parking is also free for guests, just park in the ramp and bring your ticket to the front desk to be stamped. Parking was a little awkward, however, in that even if you take the elevator to the main floor you have to climb stairs to get to street level. It's not many stairs and I could manage, but if you're dragging luggage it would be annoying. Hotel offers a shuttle service but I did not use it.

Based upon clean rooms, decent staff, and location I would stay again, but this hotel should consider updating its look, especially considering there is a new hotel being built across the street. If prices are similar, the new hotel should be able to win hands down once opened.

• Liked — Staff, Location
  • Disliked — Outdated rooms, slow elevators
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Branch MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting relatives nearby. The hotel location is great, just blocks away from the Burbank Mall. The few blocks in between the hotel and mall are filled with nice little shops and restaurants. The lobby is nice; the elevator is fun (outside of bldg) and the pool area was nice and secluded. But...the rooms and halls are dated, especially the bathroom. Grout between tiles stained & cracked, etc. The staff overall was very gracious, but the housekeeping was not the best. The bathroom was not cleaned well at all and they forgot to leave coffee packets. The restaurant had a very nice and fairly inexpensive breakfast buffet. Free parking was a plus. The hotel itself was very quiet, but we could hear a lot of traffic noise through the windows. And beware the 19th floor! The elevator only goes to the 18th. I would recommend this hotel for families with kids, and again, I compliment the hotel on the nice staff.

• Liked — Location-shops, restaurants,bars just across the street
  • Disliked — Rooms and hallways were dark and dated
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

Our first night in a room booked through Priceline. We stayed here one night before going to Universal Studios, the desk clerk refused to honor our previous request for a non-smoking room with double beds and seemed to resent the use of Priceline. The night manager stepped in and upgraded us to a suite. The hotel is older and pushes the 3* rating and is about a 10 minute drive from Universal. It was clean, and the managers attitude saved the night.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Naperville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

Have been in LA for 3 days now and still at the Holiday Inn Burbank. The room is very nice and quiet. House Cleaning is excellent as our bedroom and bathroom were clean and our beds made very nicely. The Hotel is right in Downtown Burbank, so dining choices are excellent. There is even a shopping mall within walking distance.
The freeway is down the block and is easily accessible.

My wife and I will stay here again the next time we come to LA.

Stayed June 2007
Music Worldd
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

After seeing this hotel many times upon traveling down to Hollywood, my mom and I decided that we should give it a shot.

Parking was kind of a mess. But luckily, we found a lone space near the lobby. The lobby itself was very nice. As for the staff (not only at the front desk but everywhere else), they were semi-friendly. It seemed like they were bored and always had some sort of automatic answer, except for the concerige.

When we got up to our room, it seemed very small to me. As I flopped down on the bed, I noticed that it was slightly uncomfortable, which was more obvious while I was sleeping that night.

The bathroom was kind of dirty. There was a bit of water left on the floor from someone else's shower. The TV was awkwardly placed towards the far right, so we had to turn it at a weird angle so we could both see.

The view was okay. You could see the pool and garden if you looked all the way down. For the most part, we saw the freeway and the other tower.

After dinner at BJ's, which was right across the street, we crashed and watched a movie. However, the selection was pretty average. There were only about 12 movies, compared to the 20 or 30 I've seen elsewhere in other hotels. The movie was Children of Men, which was really good, by the way.

My mom and I checked out the next morning. My mom complained about the bathtub, so the front desk guy gave a complimentary breakfast down the hall. The breakfast there was awesome, the choices at the buffet were great.

Overall, we had an okay experience at the hotel. I don't think we'd stay there again.

Stayed March 2007
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2007

When we first got there, they already warned us that they would kick us out.. we were all dressed nice because we came from a formal party... so they had no right to assume we were going to cause trouble... after we went to the formal party, we came back and the person at the desk pointed at us... we went up to the room and two security gaurds kicked us out for no reason... we had just got there... we were not noisy... they just assumed we were up to no good... we had a fit and talked to the managers and all the people working at the office to complain.. we finally left the hotel because we were too sick of the bad service and the descrimination... the head manager later found out that our party was actually one that he had personally help book and is now scared that we will get him fired... we are all sending letters to corporate for the trouble they caused... we had to pay for parking for 6 cars and we were barely there for 10 minutes because they kicked us out... we really hope that the manager, security gaurds, and desk clerk get fired... Holiday Inn in Burbank gave us all the worst hotel experience ever....

Stayed April 2007

Been to Holiday Inn Burbank? Share your experiences!