I will begin here by saying that I am an airline employee, age 47, who has stayed in literally hundreds of hotels and who has been traveling the world since I was 17. My mom is a huge fan of Jay Leno and an even bigger fan of Craig Ferguson and wanted to see their shows taped, instead of going on our usual Bahamas or Vegas trip. We managed to get tickets online to Ferguson's show but realized that Leno would have wait for another trip, as tickets weren't available. My first stop was Tripadvisor; I read reviews of the HI Burbank and other hotels. When I realized that the HI Burbank is where my airline puts up its crews, I figured it had to be good enough for us. I called the property and asked the woman who answered the phone if she could transfer me to reservations. She said, "I can help you," and that was the beginning of my wonderful experience at this property. She took my reservation for a single night and all was well. Until two days before our arrival date, when we learned we'd gotten tickets to see Leno on the day before Ferguson! So we needed the room for two nights instead of one, and the additional night was only the next day! I called and spoke again to Kimberly. She told me nothing was available but that she would keep an eye out for something, and get us to another property if it didn't materialize, and not to worry. Within 15 minutes she was calling to say that we were cleared for both nights. She said she'd try to make sure the room was ready for us when we arrived at 10:30 am. When we arrived in BUR we called from luggage claim and Kimberly told us the room was ready and the shuttle on its way! It was there almost immediately; the only safe, friendly drivers (and the only clean vehicles without obvious mechanical problems) we had in Burbank were the ones working at this hotel, but they more than made up for the rude and unhelpful taxi drivers in the city! Upon check-in we were upgraded to a suite by Giovanni, who was very helpful to us with directions, answering questions, and making our check-out absolutely seamless. The hotel AND every member of its staff was LOVELY and the hotel property much nicer than either of us had envisioned. We were so well-treated that we wondered if we were the only guests, but knew we were not. Our maid, Patricia, was neither seen nor heard at ANY point (we didn't even see a housekeeping cart or hear vacuuming), but her fine work was evident and her handwritten note thanking us was sweet. The hotel has free WiFi in the rooms and every cable channel you could want. Within a very short walking distance is a Black Angus steakhouse and what looks like a local pizza-and-brewery type place. There is a long, tree-shaded downtown street equally nearby with shops and restaurants, although we did not go there, merely drove past. There is a fine pool. The suite had a king bed, with a comfy mattress and nice linens, two televisions, a frig, microwave and plenty of room. It was especially nice to be able to maneuver in the bathroom, where the hot water was abundant and there was a sunlamp. The hotel has a small gift shop with reasonable prices, free USAToday, and a restaurant that gave us plenty of delicious food for a reasonable price. The waitress offered to let us have a single trip to the salad bar instead of fries with our croissant sandwiches, even though that option was not on the menu, and we were so pleased. We ordered room service twice for breakfast and once for a light dinner and it was WONDERFUL..delicious, fast, at a reasonable price and with a server who was gracious and helpful. (Try the California omelet, with avocado, and the Chinese chicken salad off the room service menu.) We would not dream of staying anywhere else when we go back soon to see Ellen Degeneres and Bill Maher. Thank you to everyone at the Holiday Inn Burbank who helped make this a great experience for my mom!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Burbank Hotel
- Holiday Inn Burbank Hotel Burbank
- Burbank Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Burbank - Media Center! Conveniently located for the business traveler, as well as the vacationing traveler. We offer: free parking, excluding meetings & banquets, Burbank Airport shuttle service, standard rooms, suites, meeting rooms, banquet facilities and catering; make your reservations today! Conveniently located to downtown Burbank, Disney Studio, Warner Brothers, Dodger Stadium, Universal Studios and Magic Mountain. Old Town Pasadena, home of the Rose Bowl, is just a few miles away also. Stroll down Hollywood and Highland located minutes from the Holiday Inn Burbank Media Center. Come explore all our fantastic hotel has to offer for the business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Burbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.