“Great Spot - Ideal for Burbank and Convenient to LA & Pasadena” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
NJ
“Great Spot - Ideal for Burbank and Convenient to LA & Pasadena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I were in for a long weekend to attend a graduation in Pasadena. This hotel was suggested to us for its value and proximity to Pasadena. It was a great idea.

For an incredibly reasonable rate we stayed on the 6th floor of this hotel that offers free parking and quick access to great restaurants in Burbank plus easy access to Pasadena (15 minutes away). Recommend you ask for a floor higher than six because you'll be above the parking structure and get (I assume) better light into the room.

To be real, the lobby will exceed the room. It was clearly refreshed more recently than the hotel rooms. But our room was not shabby, just more worn than the lobby. We had a double room that was ample - it included a small fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable and they are not cheap with the pillows (4 to a bed!!).

We had breakfast in the hotel one morning. It was a buffet for ~$11, a good value for decent food. But I recommend instead a quick walk to the Wild Carvery for an awesome breakfast sandwich.

Around sunset head up to the 14(ish - ask at the front desk) floor bar for a great sunset and very reasonably priced snacks and drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor - above the parking structure, for better natural light in the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Syracuse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived late in the night, three rooms of tired travelers. Check in was friendly and fast. Our room on the 13th floor was next to the elevator and ice machine ... and it was hardly even noticeable. Slept sound and awoke to found we were right near all variety of restaurants and mirco-brewed beer options. A morning stroll for a Starbucks led right to an excellent breakfast wrap at Wild Carvery. Good jumping off point for making the rounds in Hollywood and vicinity. On site parking garage was a plus, too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were traveling with pets and they are pet friendly. We did have a problem in that we booked many weeks ahead requesting a lower floor (usually the pet floors), we also called a few hours ahead that we were coming and reitererated we would like a lower floor. When we got there at 9:00 pm they said they only book on first come first serve. We wound up on the fifteenth floor. That's annoying, why ask us what we want when you have system in place to deliver it? While staff was nice, there never was an effort to do anything out of the ordinary for service. Rooms were clean, large, comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pound Ridge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been to this hotel many times. You can't beat it for the price and location. Staff is always courteous and helpful. Parking is free. Restaurants are right outside of hotel. 15 minutes from Hollywood. 10 minutes from Universal. We stay at this hotel when we visit California, which is at least once a year.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the 4th floor facing the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Leandro, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I walked in and was greeted promptly. I was even given a free drink coupon and a free upgrade to a Executive King Suite on the 18th floor (More on this later). They provide shuttle service to and from my meeting site (locally) and also the Burbank Airport.

The Room:
For an Executive King Suite, the room sure was pretty small. It really was a basic hotel room with a fridge, microwave, TV, desk, sofa, and Bed. It was remodeled and it looked clean and refreshed. My room faced the freeway, so I could definitely hear the wind noise of the freeway. In addition, the A/C is one of those older types whether you either turn it on or off. It doesn't adjust to your desired temperature. Because the room was warmer, the A/C ran and it was loud. If the windows and A/C were replaced, I think the room would have been significantly more comfortable. At least the room was clean. One problem I had was that the TV somehow wasnt showing all the channels. I had to call maintenance who came up and took care of it. (Part of the Great Service Experience).

If you need a no thrills, clean place, this is one place to consider. Try staying in a room on the mountain side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get the room on the mountain side of the hotel to avoid the noisy freeway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear BasilW78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This Holiday Inn is somewhat dated, but you cannot beat the location...close to everywhere you would want to be in the downtown Burbank area. Waitstaff were pleasant, helpful and quick to help with finding local eateries, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I feel I need to preface this with all staff I encountered were friendly, whether it be front desk, concierge, or a random maintenance man that greeted me as I walked to my room. All employees were very friendly. They were also very accommodating. I got an early check-in and a late check-out, so I feel sorry for what inevitably comes next in this review.

However, the property definitely need a touch-up. If you want to charge as much as other hotels in the area, you should live up to those standards. My room had a musty odor to it. The refrigerator and microwave were a nice touch, but that was outweighed by the fact that all television service was premium. No satellite, cable, etc. I didn't plan on watching any TV, but it was something I noticed. The wireless was spotty as well.

I do have to mention that, although the room was in need of renovation, it was very clean.

I would stay here again as I only stay at IHG properties, but that doesn't change the fact that I left expecting more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Dakota H,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Burbank? Share your experiences!