“Very helpful and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Marion
“Very helpful and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My entire experience at this hotel was very positive. The room was nice, clean and well kept. Breakfast was very good and there was a lot of variety, including eggs and meat. All of the staff we dealt with were helpful and friendly.

On the morning we checked out we discovered that our car had a flat tire. We had a flight leaving from the Burbank airport in less than two hours and we needed to get our car back to its storage location. I contacted AAA to change my tire but I knew there was no way that I could wait for them to arrive, change the tire, get the car to storage and make it to the airport before my flight. The valet staff were great! Because of AAA rules, I had to be at my car when they arrived so the valet suggested that he take two of us to the airport in their shuttle so they could get our bags checked in and then assured me that as soon as AAA arrived and verified my identity, he would rush me to the airport. They allowed me to arrange for a friend of mine to pick my car up later in the day. I ended up getting to the airport just in time to make my flight. When my friend arrived to pick up my car she said the valets were so polite and nice to her. They asked for ID to verify that she was the person who was supposed to pick up the car and then she was on her way. Thank you valet staff!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kaneohe, Hawaii, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have never been welcomed and addressed by staff more than at this hotel. Everyone that I met there initiated a hello. Not very common these days. The room was great and the breakfast buffet was very good for food that was included in the price. The location is fairly remote but quiet.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having had nothing but solid experiences at any Hampton Inn, the only downfall I could possibly add is that they try to charge you $15/day for valet parking. My ONLY advise is to park across the street, or around the corner for FREE.

I ended up getting upgraded into the Jacuzzi suite and it was certainly a nice touch. I faced towards the university across the street. So, no chance of hearing any cars on I-5 next door. The room was clean, BIG and well stocked. As it was an intermediary stop on a road trip, the kitchenette with fridge was an added plus.

The jacuzzi is nice and big. Fits 2 well, 3 ok.

Breakfast was good and the gym also decent. Small, but decent.

I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a Jacuzzi suite, 4th floor.
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Hampton is always solid. While the hotel might lack character, they make up for it in quality. I stayed in a jacuzzi suite, and had the most relaxing night of sleep in one of their amazing beds. There really is no parking, so be prepared to utilize valet (a charge of $14-15/day). You can park across the street, but really, valet was a better option and not that much more. Breakfast was well stocked and tasty and the staff was always friendly and smiling. They looked like they truly enjoyed their jobs! We were here for business, which was appropriate. I don't think I'd stay for any other reason, simply because of the location. It is minutes from the Burbank airport, which makes access quick and easy. There were several families here, however, I'm not sure how near it is to many tourist attractions. I do wish the workout facility would have offered more options. Overall, I give this hotel an A+. They made my trip, which had potential to be stressful, very relaxing. It was a nice haven at the end of the day.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suite wasn't that much more expensive, but well worth it. I nice place to relax at t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oakley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Parking is not free. Overall my stay was pleasant and the Hot Breakfast was amazing! The place was Clean that is a big thing for me! It was a close drive to the Burbank Mall and Dining , for people who like to shop and dine out.. Front desk gave us quicker way to get to our destinations. Keep up the good work : -)

PEI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hampton Inn is one of my go-to hotel chains since it is always reliably clean with free breakfast and free internet. This was no exception. The location is great (just a few minutes from Burbank airport) and a close drive to shopping, restaurants, etc.. If you have a car, it is a good choice for doing anything in the Burbank/Hollywood area. The valet parking is $15, but is half price for Hilton Honors members, so sign up for a free membership before you go (if you don't stay at many Hiltons, you can choose to earn airline points). There is also free street parking during the day, but not overnight. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really good (I had a waffle with nuts and chocolate sauce, while hubby has a standard sausage and eggs). There is also free coffee & tea available all day in the lobby. Early check-in was no problem. The room was quiet with a comfortable bed. This was also our first experience with Burbank airport which I'd highly recommend over LAX if you are flying into the LA area.

Room Tip: Some 2nd floor rooms have NO view (just a concrete wall a few feet from the window)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel was convenient for our attending a Genealogy conference with reasonable rates but an additional $15 for valet parking hit me wrong. Explanation was that neighborhood used the parking but seems that that problem could easily be handled by gated parking & pass.
Room was well appointed with good WiFi but we found the room temperature varied a lot either being too hot or cold. Breakfast was hot, complete and excellent.
Overall will stay again but required Valet parking to park in the garage will still irritate me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/ Burbank Airport? Share your experiences!