“great location, cust. service, but bed bugs” 4 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atwater, California
“great location, cust. service, but bed bugs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Location of the hotel was excellent to where we were planning our family vacation; Hollywood and Universal Studios. The free breakfast was excellent, customer serive by all personnel was great. The only complaint I have was the whole family received bed bugs from both of the queen beds in our room. Upon arrival, each bed had a note stating clean sheets and pillows, but I question those comments.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here for several days on business and will definitely stay here again when I come back to the area. It's right off the I-5 and minutes from Burbank Airport. More important to me, it's clean and comfortable. The rooms have been remodeled in the recent past, so everything was in good shape. My room had a big flat screen LG HDTV and I really appreciated the in-room coffee maker (with tea bags, too) provided in the room. There was also a fridge and microwave - a godsend for the solo traveler staying a few days.

What sets this Hampton Inn location apart from others is the superior customer service. I arrived on an early flight and the receptionist suggested I take advantage of the breakfast still being served and make myself comfortable while the housekeeping staff prepared my room. At first, I was a little disconcerted to discover there was no on-site parking except $15/day valet, but the valets were so friendly and accommodating that it soon seemed worth the price. While parking on very busy Glenoaks is probably safe (and definitely free), I stuck with the valet parking. At checkout time, the reception staff was super-accommodating and offered to check my bags for the rest of the day while I attended a client meeting.

The breakfast was a cut above average for this type of property. I really enjoyed the fresh fruit salad that was served every day, and the apples and bananas were plentiful and fresh. While there were the "usual suspects" of DIY waffles, cereal, pastries and a few hot items each day, there was a bit of variety within each of those categories. Suggest skipping the clearly deep-fried, frozen and reheated "French toast sticks," however. :) One morning, I had to leave especially early and was really appreciative of the to-go sack breakfast available at the front desk, which contained a bottle of water, an apple (a good, crisp one!), a breakfast bar, a muffin and some breath mints.

The wi-fi was fast and free - I had no problem connecting, and the movies I watched on Amazon and Netflix streamed without a hiccup.

The only real location drawback is the lack of restaurants and other conveniences close by. There's a mom and pop diner within walking distance, but I'd suggest heading to the village district of Burbank instead (not far away, but you will need a car). Also, Burbank Pizzeria and Pasta delivers to the hotel, and the pizza and salad I had were quite good (way better than chain deliveries).

A couple of little nits, in case hotel staff is reading this - by 9:15 a.m. on Saturday, there were no more newspapers available. The reception staff graciously offered to check up and down the halls to see if there were any leftovers, but they weren't able to find any. By 6:25 p.m. Friday evening, there was only one of the complimentary chocolate chip cookies left (they put them out each evening at 6 p.m.).

Overall, an excellent choice when staying in the Burbank/Glendale area!

Room Tip: To cut down on the road noise, I suggest staying in a room facing Glenoaks instead of I-5, and stayi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was welcomed as guest of the day, seriously, and the service just expanded from there. Michael V and staff, went out of their way to make sure my every need was met. They even helped me with a broken suitcase zipper.
On the plus side: amazing staff, comfortable beds, fresh flavored water available at all hours, clean, comfy bedding, map-quest directions provided for each of my destinations, a simple family restaurant in walking distance with fantastic burgers, standard Hampton breakfast with fresh fruit, great coffee, plenty of great pillows, I would have stayed more nights because of the outstanding service and my wonderful restful night, but it was too far from my destination. I highly recommend this hotel if you have Burbank as a destination. It is not the place to stay if you do not have a car.
On the negative side: a cab ride cost me $45 one way to Pasadena, no shopping in walking distance, only a 7-11 nearby, there was also an odd set of doors in my room, the way the main door, bathroom and closet doors opened seemed backward as they created a maze, the AC was also tricky, either too hot or too cold...nothing to complain about...just little oddities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Staying at this hoel for the Breeder's Cup Classic was a pleasant choice for us. The rooms were nicely kept, the staff was excellent. Our complaints were with the road noise with our room on the freeeway side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the freeway side...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BRBNK_Hampton_Suites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/ Burbank Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for the comments about your stay during the Breeders Cup! In regards to the freeway noise concerns, we have triple-paned windows in all guest rooms facing the I-5 freeway and we have added complimentary ear plugs in our guest rooms to ensure that our guests get a good nights sleep. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family of hotels and I hope to see you return soon to the Hampton Inn & Suites Burbank Airport.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked the Hampton Inn in Burbank a few months after the Hampton Inn in in Brenham, Texas made a good impression on me. I was very happy with my room which had a jacuzzi tub in it, a lot of natural light because it was a corner suite, and a lot of space for my family and friends to sit while visiting. It was worth paying the a little more money just to have that separate space. There is free WIFI, of course, which was very convenient for me.

The bed was so comfortable that I wanted to take it home with me. The windows opened and I like that. But because my room was at the corner of the hotel facing the freeway I left the windows closed due to the highway noise. With the windows closed there was no noise at all. If I ever have an opportunity to book that hotel again I will ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel so I can the open windows.

The staff were very friendly from the start until we left.

The down side was the valet parking. I would have preferred free self-parking. But what can you do? I paid the daily rate because I wanted my car to remain clean and safe. And it was clean, and safe while we were there. Also, we had to drive to find good eating places because the only restaurant near by was not really as good as the customer service desk claimed they were. So I won't mention them. But the free breakfast in the hotel was great, and the people working the dining room were great; very friendly. I rated them average only because there wa only the one meal served (like all Hampton Inns, I think), and there is no where else in walking distance except for a 7-11 and a cafe that didn't quite do it for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
God Bless the U.S.A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed the night prior to a flight out of BUR and were very pleased with this hotel. The front desk staff was dynamite -- not only professional, but happy and helpful. We booked a king room and ended up in a large suite with a whirlpool tub, a kitchenette and large sitting area. Wow! The hotel was immaculate. Breakfast offered lots of good choices, including eggs and sausage, and Hampton Inn has some of the best coffee around.

We did not have a car, but our family members were able to park right along the adjacent street to drop us off, so we did not end up using the valet parking. However, the valet staff was very friendly each time we saw them and were always there at the ready when we were in the lobby.

The airport shuttle is free and on demand (versus scheduled times) and we were at the airport about 20 minutes after we requested our ride.

This was a great hotel and we will use it again in a heartbeat. Suggest you do, too!

Room Tip: One side of the hotel is near the freeway,so you may want to ask for a room on the other side.
Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the amenities of the property to your liking. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Family of hotels and for choosing our property, we hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.
NorCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel was very clean, the staff were all super nice, and it was conveniently located to the Burbank Airport and Los Angeles attractions. Beware of $12 valet parking fee per day but they get your car ASAP and you can go in an out all day. They have a pretty large and diverse breakfast for free each day, which was great. We had a large family room with a pullout sofa bed as we have 3 kids. The air conditioner froze out the poor kid sleeping in the pullout bed but they brought extra blankets. Also, there is a lot of freeway noise while you're trying to enjoy a family swim, but kids don't mind stuff like that. Not a very beautiful setting with concrete all around, but definitely a great place to stay for a bargain family trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/ Burbank Airport? Share your experiences!