“Great location, quiet even though close to the freeway” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Thrive on Long Stays
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
Sutter Creek, California
“Great location, quiet even though close to the freeway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here one night and were impressed with how quiet the hotel was even though it is located right off the freeway. Lots of places to eat nearby and quick to get other places in LA as it is a quick exit on and off the freeway. I was surprised at the renovation announcement, as the lobby, hallways and even our room looked very good. Newer appliances and clean appearance made me wonder why the renovation? Small things like paint peeling under the mirror in the bathroom, but, nothing of great significance. The breakfast was excellent, albeit, not enough seating for all the people eating on a Sunday morning. One note is that the shower in our room was set up in a manner in which you could not turn the shower on without getting wet...or hit with cold/hot water. Hope they fix that....but, we will be back.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view room on the 4th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Burbank Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear RLRace Girl,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent post about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. Although we are near the freeway they triple pained the windows on the freeway side to help absorb the sound when they built the hotel. They are also going to build a sound wall after the expansion of the off ramp is completed to help deflect the sound. We are in the heart of downtown Burbank just a short walk away from shops, restaurants, ect.... Our free buffet breakfast is guest favorite and I'm glad you had an opportunity to experience it. I appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Michael J. Swaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed June 18-21 in a 2 bd/2ba suite, first time at this hotel. I loved the covered parking on the the same level as registration, felt safe, and very convenient off the freeway. Staff friendly, called me by name as I left for the day. Rooms clean, modern, roomy. Area has plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Burbank Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Indytraveler1,

I wanted to take this opportunityt to say thank you for all the nice things you had to say about your recent stay with us. We are conveniantly located in the the heart of downtown Burbank within walking distance of many restaurants, shopping stores and much more. I am pleased that you liked our underground parking and that it made you feel safe. Our rooms are clean, modern and roomy which enhances our guests experience. I will let my staff know that you felt they were friendly and that they remembered to call you by your name. We look forward to the next time we have an opportunity to serve you.

With Appreciation.

Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Residence Inn is a very nice hotel that is conveniently located walking distance to S. San Fernando Blvd., the main street in downtown Burbank which is full of restaurants, shops, and entertainment. I had never stayed in Burbank before, but was very pleasantly surprised to find that the downtown area is alive and vibrant with a ton of things to do. The hotel is very nicely maintained and the staff is very friendly. Yes, there are indications that the furnishings and carpeting is starting to show its age, but there was a sign in front saying that the hotel will be renovated in a few months, which will make it even better.

The free breakfast buffet in the morning was very good, especially waffles which you can may fresh yourself. They also had nice scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit, muffins, etc. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and even remembered my name whenever I walked by or asked any questions. That is service! The only negative comment I have is that the housecleaning staff did not do a good job vacuuming our room--we found debris on the carpet which indicated they either didn't vacuum after our first night, or did an incomplete job. Other than that, I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Burbank Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Calartist,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the nice things you had to say about your recent stay with us. I am glad you felt the property was conveniently located to downdown Burbank. It also pleased me that you stated that the hotel was well maintained,had a friendly staff,the free breakfast was good,and that the my Front Desk staff stood out due to thier friedliness and being able to remember your name when they addressed you. I will share this posting with my staff and we look forward to serving you again real soon.

Buckeye, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here a couple of nights whil in LA on a business trip! The facilities are immaculate! The rooms are excellent. We love Residence Inns and this one of the best ones we have stayed in.

The complimentary breakfast is better than average.

There are a lot of restaurants in downtown Burbank within safe walking distance!

Room Tip: I always recommend higher floors
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Burbank Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Richard F.,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for the recent post about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you found the hotel immaculate and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for chosing our hotel for your accommodations. I will share your thoughts with my team and we look forward to the next opportunity we have to serve you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was in town for a short stay for business and brought my dog. The location was perfect to it's proxmity to stores, shops, malls, the theater, restaurants and highways. Even my dog had a great stay. This location as with other Resident Inn's, are accommodating to dogs and there are plenty of streets in this great neighborhood to walk your dog.

Checking in was easy, the staff is very friendly and my room was very modern, clean, and with great amenities. There is also parking on location and though I had a deal for free parking, guests do have to pay for parking at this location.

I would stay here again, but with a parking deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Burbank Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Pamela R.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found our location to be in close proximity to all your needs. I am also glad even your dog had a great stay. Thanks for acknowledging my staff as being friendly and pointing out that your room was modern and clean. I appreciate you taking the time to post this and I will share this with my team.

Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was meeting up with friends in LA who were staying in one of the suites here. I only got to stay one night with them, but this was a great little hotel in a great neighborhood. The suites were very nice with really nice decor (loved all the red!). Comfortable beds. Nice kitchenette. A very spacious bathroom, and I liked how the mirror, sink and vanity area were outside of the actual bathroom. It made it really convienent when other people were showering and you were trying to get ready. They also have free breakfast in the morning, and not just continental breakfast. It's a full breakfast buffet with a huge selection of eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and they even have a waffle maker! Great breakfast. I was also told they have a fantastic happy hour of free drinks on certain days between certain hours. I definitely would book here on my own. Really nice spot.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the free breakfast, it really is great and it will save you a lot of money if you...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Coley, M.,

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for the recent post about your stay in our hotel. I am glad that you were impressed with our suite and all the goes with it. The complimentary breakfast is a real hit with our guests and I am happy you enjoyed it.. I know you were not here very long but I am glad that you felt we were good enough to suggest to the readers that our hotel would be a great place to stay.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I came here for a long stay for my son's graduation and a long awaited vacation with my daughter. The location turned out to be fabulous for those purposes. I normally stay in the Burbank area because it was convenient for my travel purpose but this was the first stay downtown. Whether it was walking distance access to alternative breakfasts (See below), shopping, coffee shops, the Dolby Theatre, the LA Zoo, surfing, amusement parks or even Sequoia National Park.

My daughter and I are both gluten intolerant and the much maligned breakfast becomes boring when it is eggs and melon every day for two weeks. But for us, it was a very short walk to the Wild Carvery which opens at 7:00 and serves gluten-free breakfast sandwiches with organic "fixings". The latter point was good as I also had a niece fly-in and she was in between NCAA track meets.

You can guess that the two girls had their own room (I probably should have priced a suite). Even though the niece didn't want the A/C on at night they didn't complain about the neighbors (who would have otherwise been covered by the normal A/C fan noise). My daughter did have lots of issues with her room key and I hope the hotel checks the locks during the fall renovation. I can explain the loud crack someone below commented. Turn the ice maker off at night in the freezer, we normally don't sleep in the kitchen so you need to remember that if you turn it on.

One last comment, the nearby Holiday Inn has a lower parking fee and seemingly larger covered parking area so I wonder why this hotel charges more.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reisender Gringo,

Thank you for the recent post about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you found that our location was convenient and within walking distance for all your needs. I'm glad your kids loved the hotel. I will follow up on the A/C issue and see if anything can be done during our upcoming renovation. I will share your comments with my team and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Michael J. Swaney

Been to Residence Inn Burbank Downtown? Share your experiences!