“Summer stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 18 hotels in Burbank
Southport, Queensland, Australia
“Summer stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Burbank Inn was a good location near the freeway and close to theme visits (Universal Studios). The Inn had comfortable big beds. A fefridgerator, hair dryer and iron was useful. the swimming pool could use

Room Tip: get orgsnised. Breakfast consists of juice snd coffee or tea. I stayed 3 nights and my sister pictur...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cottage Grove, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

This "Inn and Suites" suffers from things unrecoverable in my opinion. Is it conveniently located? Yes ... But by comparison to many others near-by it is I'm a veritable wasteland at the Alameda off ramp of the 5 freeway. Only one way in or out of the parking lot. It is only a short drive to Media Center or to Toluca Lake. But many choices in the price range are walking distance. The teeny "lobby" was unstaffed; the staff was making up rooms. I guess for $149 a night, I expect someone in the lobby. But then, when I called that morning to confirm my reservation the young woman who answered the phone took almost 30 minutes to reveal that she couldn't find the reservation and make another. She kept putting me on hold while she helped "customers." I guess people making reservations don't count as customers. (yes, at this point I considered just finding a different place to stay, but my "go to" in the area was full and I just didn't have the strength. Besides, this place had gotten some good reviews and I decided not to let the early morning staff make my decision for me. Sigh. ... The room was nice enough - clean and well-appointed. Painted a soothing soft taupe. Nice linen. Decent shower. And it was quiet. Very quiet despite being almost on the off-ramp. Nice bed. Decent linen. But then, we tried to hop on the Internet. Plugged in to the wired connection. Nothing. "You are not connected". Called the desk. They said it was working. It was not. Not on my phone, my computer, my husband's computer. Called again. "It must be something wrong with your computer," I was told. "It is working in the office.". So I went to the office to the public computer and it was NOT working. Called again. Back to office. Now office is locked. Phone goes to Answering Machine. 6:30 pm on Sat nite and no one is on duty. Ah well. Never again. I will say that they called Tech Support and Tech Support reset the router and
eventually we were able to do what we needed to do without heading to Starbucks. But, by that time, they had lost me. And also inspired me to warn others. So be warned. Stay elsewhere. And when the phone service is not good, don't overlook it. It IS an indicator that the rest of the service may well follow suit.

• Stayed July 2012
Kirkwood, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were directed to Burbank Inn and Suites on Alameda Avenue in Burbank when we called AAA to find us a better hotel than the one my girlfriend and I originally booked in Glendale, the Glen Capri on San Fernando Avenue in Glendale. We had booked our flight through CheapAir.com, and made the mistake of trying to save money on the hotel. I would recommend you do NOT book flight and hotel together.

At $80/night, the Glen Capri turned out to be a dump. When we pulled in, we could see into an open room, and it was not what we were led to believe. In addition the Glen Capri is in an industrial area of Glendale, and a number of nearby businesses had bars on the windows, and that was enough for us. Fortunately, we had booked the flight and hotel separately and we were able to cancel our reservation there and asked AAA for help.

They led us to the Burbank Inn and Suites, a small but very nice hotel, at $135 per night but well worth the price . The staff were Southeast Asian, very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was about the same vintage as the Glen Capri, but extremely well maintained. Our room was immaculately cleaned, with pillow top mattresses and rugs, sink and bathroom area spotlessly clean. There was a one-cup coffee maker in the room, and a very decent large HDTV plasma-screen television. There is a small wading pool for the kiddies, and enough parking (if you don’t wait until the last minute to check in!). As we had planned a four-day stay, we told the staff to just give us extra towels and soaps, it would not be necessary for them to make our beds each day, although one day it was done when we came back. Our only fault is that neither myself nor my lady friend can negotiate stairs too well, and they had no first-floor rooms available, but the quality of the room itself was well worth what little inconvenience we had going to the second floor, and had we booked farther in advance, I’m sure the hotel could have accommodated our request.

The hotel is near to Interstate-5 (3 blocks away), yet we didn’t have any traffic noise problems. The highway itself if difficult to navigate onto as many entrance ramps were closed, and as we were sightseeing Hollywood, we found an alternate in State Route 134 near Griffith Park which led into SR 170 and the US 101 Hollywood Freeway. However, using Alameda and Olive Streets, we found another back road over the hills past Walt Disney Studio, NBC Burbank and Warner Brothers Studio and up through a canyon to Highland Avenue which goes past the Hollywood Bowl and down into Hollywood itself! We even found our way to the HOLLYWOOD sign, and did a tour of Mulholland Drive, Rodeo Drive, stars homes in Beverly Hills, and walking tours of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards. There is no fitness center, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby, (even a Baskin-Robbins nearby with a training academy!) and the hotel is within 35 minutes of the Bob Hope Burbank Airport which is much easier to fly into than LAX!

All in all the Burbank Hotel & Suites is the ideal hotel, well kept and near enough to the Hollywood area (25 minutes away) and air and ground transport that it was the perfect small hotel for our needs. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: First floor rooms better for disabled persons, but book in advance. Easy access to freeways, and Al...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

The room was a little larger than expected and the beds were soft. The room had a new feel to it.

• Stayed July 2012
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place was very clean, and rather spacious. The pool, however is really too small to swim in, and the coffee in the office was awful. No fitness center or restaurant, but lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Clean, easy to access, and quiet. Great beds too. The HD TVs are a nice touch too. Will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2012
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I had a last mintue business meeting in the city of burbank and i needed a hotel close to the airport with pick up and drop off service and it had to have breakfast in the moring no matter what time it was my business depends on it.the hampton inn and suites burbank was great i got a room that was clean comfortable and had the best mattress i ever slept on the front desk staff was great helpful with directions to my meeting as well as going to downtown burbank for great food and fun the valet service is great no worrys at all about parking the parking fee is acceptable for the great service you get. If your going to burbank for business this hotel will meet all your expections

Room Tip: rooms on glenoaks side are great
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Burbank Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!