“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Juneau, Alaska
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We recently spent 5 days at the Best Western Media Center in Burbank. The hotel is centrally located to everywhere we wanted to go. The room was really nice, the bed comfortable, the parking great, the breakfast good. Even though we were on the Riverside Drive side of the hotel, we did not hear street noise at all. Several really nice restaurants in the area (a Mexican right across the street, a Thai one block down).
My only complaint and it is a minor one, is that it would be nice if the shower/tub had a grab bar. It is just easier to get into and out of the tub with a grab bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This Best Western Plus property located in Burbank provides an excellent layover or extended stay. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated, the staff is pleasant and efficient and the breakfast is very adequate for free motel fare.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is for Burbank attractions like movie studios and to dive into Hollywood only few miles away. Cars are parked in a 2 level garage and there is no big BW sign outside the hotel. It is easy to overlook it when driving on Riverside BL. Our room was very spacious, nicely furnitured and the bathroom was very up to date. That said, this hotel is a bit like empty. The front desk is not manned most of the time, our check in was not very accomodating, a bit rude. No extra's for Platinum members.The breakfast was ok, but not restocked, no more eggs, bread on low, no maid was taking care of it the time we spent there. I think you can get better for the rate they ask in the Burbank area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked and prepaid for 5 days. Tried to arrange early check in two times and was advised that they had no authority to offer that and I needed to call back , not on a weekend or after 5:00 pm.. I would arrive at the hotel at 2:00 and check in is at 3:00. When I finally spoke to a day person, they advised that the hotel was very busy and could not promise anything. Arrived at the hotel by airport shuttle and at 2:15 pm and was told they could not check me in till after 3:00. I asked if they could hold my luggage until after 3:00 and they stated they had a room for just for that purpose. Went for a walk around the block, came back to the hotel to check in and not a soul was around but the door to the staff counter was wide open and there was my luggage and laptop, along with about 5 other suitcases. Not a great start. Proceed to check in and when I am asked for a credit card, I advise them that my card was compromised two days before I arrived and my new card did not show up in time. They ask for a $200 cash deposit for incidentals. I ask them if they have a minibar in the room and they do not so do not want to give a cash deposit. Staff makes a phone call to the manager who advises that if I do not give a cash deposit they will not honor my five day prepaid reservation. When I make noise about that he contacts "customer support" and they advised that they will okay a $100 dollar cash deposit. I make the deposit and stated that I want to make sure that I will have my $100 CASH returned. I do not want credit for the hotel or a cheque. The rest of the stay in the hotel was fine. Breakfast was okay. I have stayed in a lot of Best Westerns and I was disappointed at the lack of any effort to make an effort. It just did not appear that the staff were given any opportunity/training etc in customer service. To give credit where credit is due, the front staff that was directly dealing with me handled the situation pretty good considering.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights here and enjoyed the staff, location and spacious room with a most comfortable bed. The room was very clean and the continental breakfast most ample. Our only disappointment was the A/C was located right next to the bed so to keep it at a constant comfortable temperature the person on the A/C side of the bed was most uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this Best Western in Burbank, California. The hotel was very nice, clean and in an area that was quiet and not too busy. The location was great! It was within 10 - 15 minutes of everything you would want to see! We felt safe and could walk to restaurants and a super market. The staff was very helpful and always eager to help. I would recommend this hotel to all who plan a trip to LA, Hollywood, Bevery Hills, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Media Center Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!