“Clean room,comfortable bed.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in Burbank
Cyprus
“Clean room,comfortable bed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Overall I am happy with my stay at this hotel. It is located in a nice quite neighborhood in walking distance of Warner bros studios and close to universal studios (5. Minutes with car). There are some restaurants and caffees in the neighborhood (not much but you only need one right?)the room is clean and comfortable. it  has plenty of space even a small sitting area ,iron which is useful if you are coming from a long journey ,but it lacks a safe. Coffee machine and fridge. Be advised to get drinking water with you since there is none in the room and it was sold out for 4 days in the vending machine located in the hallways. Also there is ice machine in the hallway.the breakfast was somewhat disappointing. dont expect much ,burger,egg,waffle machine,bread,croissant,marmalade,cereals,coffee.the refilling was slow.... But there is a coffee shop at the corner 20 meters from the hotel entrance if you want more. There is an underground parking lot also if you r getting a car.there is free wifi but as in every hotel speed depends on the network traffic.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great location to stay at if you're heading to Universal Studios. Our room was comfortable, very clean and well taken care of. The road out front is a bit noisy, but we've stayed in worse (not nearly as bad as a highway). The shower head is clearly positioned for short people because I'm 5'6" and I had to crouch down to wash my hair...not comfortable! My 2 negatives are 1. the man at the front desk in the evening we checked in was so rude! He was clearly more interested in getting us out of his face so he could go back to his personal call on his cell phone. 2. the continental breakfast is woefully understaffed. We arrived to empty serving dishes/beverages every single day. It appears the front desk person has to work the breakfast area too and was too busy to do both (not his fault). Would I stay again....maybe.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room facing away from the front road!
Puget Sound, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My sister and I grew up in LA, but moved some years ago to the Pacific Northwest. We decided to visit SoCal to see relatives and old friends, and enjoyed the BW Media Center for its location, nice rooms, good breakfast, and helpful staff, especially Andrew (but don't call him Andy). Free underground parking a definite plus. Convenient to everywhere...we visited Griffith Park Observatory, Warner Bros. tour, Universal Citywalk, historic and notable buildings in downtown LA,Farmer's Market, Santa Monica Pier and 3rd Street Promenade with relative ease.

Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Happily surprised. Andrew at front desk was very nice. Seem just his nature and that I think started you off positive (first impression). Clean and convenient.

Room Tip: Try to get Riverside St view.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Was trying to find a nice place to stay close to Universal and Morton's steakhouse. Looked at the reviews for many hotels in the area including the Tangerine, Universal Sheraton and Universal Hilton. After looking at the options and price we settled on this Best Western and what a fantastic choice! Too keep it short I will simply say...huge room, comfortable king bed, microwave, refridgerator, great continental breakfast and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.

If you are looking for a place to stay in this area definately stay here and you will not be disapointed!

Room Tip: The king size beds are huge and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Yucca Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I've been a big fan of Best Western's in the past. But last couple of stays have been disappointing causing me to stay else where (Tangerine Hotel) on my last trip.
I rented two rooms at this Hotel for a recent trip to Universal Studios.
So to start with:
PARKING; plenty of it and it is underground on the hotel property and it's free. This is a big bonus.
CHECK IN: I belong to Best Western's points program and they say that you're supposed to get little perks for staying with them...NOT HERE. My room keys were not ready and I felt as though I was a bother to the man at the desk. He was on his iPad and it appeared as though I was interrupting his game or what have you that he was doing.
On this stay I had not been told that the elevator was not working until I got to the hotel and found a sticky note on the button in the parking garage. So after climbing up the stairs to the lobby I was told that all the rooms on the first floor were taken and the only other rooms available were on the third floor. This was not a nice beginning. Having to cart luggage and a baby up 4 flights of stairs. I think making it even worse was that there were NO price adjustments made for the inconvenience.
Next, we got to our rooms only to find that the rooms appeared to have someone staying in them. We didn't want to stick around in case they were in the bathroom or what have you, but the beds were unmade and the lights were on. We tried using the phone from the second room to call the front desk but when we pushed that button the man who answered said we called a Best Western in AZ!!! Don't know how. So back down three flights of stairs to interrupt him again. A new set of keys given and back up we went.
The rooms we finally got were nice, but still I felt there should have been some discounts applied.
The beds are comfortable, the rooms are quiet and large.
There is a pool on the second floor, but it is not heated and was too cold to swim in. But it is clean.
The location is perfect if you are planning on going to the studios.
They do offer a continental breakfast. It's nothing to write home about but just about everyone should be able to find something to nibble on until you can get to your next place.
There are lots of nice eateries close by and many within walking distance.
The rooms have microwaves and fridges so that's a nice touch.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here in May 2012 for a family vacation with myself, my husband and 9 year old daughter. Our plan was to do 4 days of tourist attractions in the L.A. area and then 4 days at Disneyland afterwards. Our choice was between here and the Renaissance at Hollywood & Highland (which I have stayed at before) We saved over $600 by staying here instead of 10 minutes down the road. I'm so glad we chose this hotel as I can not say enough good things about this hotel or the location.

We arrived in the afternoon and our room was immediately available. The front desk clerk even took the time to make sure he found us a good room. We parked our rental car in the free underground lot - it was well lit and every parking spot was close to the elevator. There was a luggage cart at the elevator if you needed it.

When we arrived at our room, we found it to be sparkling clean and spotless. Even the remote control was cleaned and put in a fresh drawstring bag! There was a small microwave and refrigerator. We made the mistake of not turning up the coldness on our refrigerator right away, but that wasn't a big deal.

The room had 2 queen beds, a desk, table and chairs and a small closet. The room was very spacious. I really liked that the windows opened and had a screen. The weather was so nice (60s at night/80s during the day) it was great to have them open and enjoy the breeze. It was a bit noisy with the street outside, but not anything like big city noise - just cars here and there. There was no noise at all with the windows closed.The beds were incredibly comfortable. I usually have a hard time falling asleep in hotels, but not at this place. It was nice.

The sink was in the same area as the shower and toilet. So it was a bit tricky to get ready in the morning when my daughter needed to dry her hair and I was still in the shower. But it was fine. The bathroom amenities were nice - Bath and Body Works products. The only other downside was the shower head was really low. Sort of strange, but manageable.

There was a small rooftop pool. It was not heated, but it was clean and my 9 year old enjoyed it for about an hour even though it was a bit cool. There were tables and lounge chairs that we could sit on and easily watch her.

There was also a small fitness center with weights, a treadmill, and elliptical. No one else was in the room with me, so I was able to watch whatever I wanted on the television. There was also an air conditioning unit I could control.

I also used the business center as I had some forms I needed to print and fax from my email. There were 2 computers that were brand new with a huge touch screen/flat screen monitor. I was able to log on without having to ask the front desk for any passwords. When I got the documents I needed to fax, the front desk clerk was very courteous and faxed them for me for no charge.

We did use the Internet in the room and found it to be fast and reliable.

The morning breakfast was very nice. Bananas, apples, cold cereals (although only sugary cereal - no cheerios) Decent coffee and tea. Juice, Oatmeal packets, Hard Boiled Eggs (they were mushy though), toast, english muffins, make your own waffles, egg patties and sausage patties (you could make your own egg mcmuffin, which was surprisingly tasty). We ate there 3 out of the 4 mornings.

Finally, the location could not be beat! It was a 10-15 minute drive to the touristy spots in Hollywood and another 10 minutes in the other direction to Griffith park. (Also, as a side note - we left in late morning - around 10AM for Disneyland and it took us under an hour to get there) You could also walk to the Warner Bros studios (about 5 minutes away) and the ABC office were across the street. Also, across the street was a REALLY good mexican place. A couple blocks down was a nice coffee house, and another block or so was an original Bob's Big Boy - very good food and fun atmosphere. There was also a liquor store on the corner and Trader Joes was maybe 1/2 mile away. There was also an unusual amount of dry cleaners in the vicinity. Didn't use any of them - but good to know :) The overall location was very quiet, safe, suburban with the scent of jasmine blooming everywhere -- also everyone seemed friendly with lots of pedestrian traffic.

I look forward to going back to this hotel when we visit the area again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor - around the corner a little ways from the elevator. Perhaps a room on th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Media Center Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!