“Great pizza, old style Italian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great pizza, old style Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This will take you back in time! The old style decor (red leather banquettes and Chianti bottles) are so fun. The pizza was the best I've had in a long time - perfect crust, fresh topping, zesty sauce. Loved it. Service was fine. Wished we had room for dessert. Next time want to try their pastas.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Good food, lousy service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went here on a Friday night for dinner with another couple. The food was very good. Baby pizza's with a side of pasta, manicotti and linguine with clam sauce were all good. The service was flat out abysmal. They wanted to rush us through dinner with people we haven't seen in almost a year, in forty five minutes or less. The busboy was regularily filling water glasses to the point of irritation, the food showed up quickly and was practically thrown at us. Then fifteen minutes into it, the busboy came over to clear the table. I flat out told him to go away, we will not be rushed. The check came next and our waitress was obviously very annoyed that we decided to have dessert and coffee. Our decision to have dessert was now very deliberate on our part, as if they were going to play so were we. The ice cream ball with white chocolate, or one in capuccino were both very good. The price was fair with a check coming out a little over $100. USD. Go, enjoy, it is good, but don't for a minute put up with the lousy and rushed service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Linden, Virginia
“Great food, fair service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Dined with friends early on a Friday night. Wanted to sit and visit with them over dinner. The waitstaff kept coming by trying to clear plates and glasses giving the impression they wanted the table. There was no one waiting in the foyer. The food was excellent but as soon as we put payment down, it was scooped up and returned. Just not as pleasant as I had wanted.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best pizza ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been coming here since i was a kid, i cant seem to find a better tasting pizza,antipasto,garlic bread, in L.A or San Diego other then the one and only Bella Vista. I live now in S.D and always when im in the area i have to stop by i wish they had another location closer to me. I have taken many people there to try the pizza and antipasto and they cant seem to get enough, once you try it i will assure you wouldnt go anywhere else.

Los Angeles, California
“Skip this one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took an out-of-town friend to Bella Vista on a Thusday night about 9 pm.
The main area was full of diners. We sat in a quieter out-of-the way booth, which was fine. The restaurant looks like a 1950 place with little updating.
I ordered ravioli with meat sauce. When the waitress set the plate in front of me, I asked, "Where's the ravioli?" She said, "It's under there." I scraped off what looked like dog food, and there were several large ravioli underneath--very pedestrian. And the galic bread was dry and not even warm...looked like left over from lunch, maybe. I was extrememly disappointed and apologized to my guest, to whom I had promised a good Italian meal. He said, "Don't worry about it...it was OK." But, I was embarrased and will never go there again.

• Visited March 2013