“For a chain restaurant, they provided a great meal and wonderful service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elephant Bar & Restaurant

Ranked #56 of 371 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“For a chain restaurant, they provided a great meal and wonderful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Entering this restaurant is always a different experience. We were greeted by a life sized elephant guarding the hostess stand. The hostess warmly greeted us and honored our request for a picture with the elephant before we were seated. Our server was quick to take our Mai Tai and seared tuna appetizer order which came to our table quickly and hit the spot after a long day of travel. For dinner I had a steak and shrimp oscar combo. It was very generous and expertly prepared. My friend ordered a rib eye and grilled shrimp dinner equally tasty. For a chain restaurant, they provided a great meal and wonderful service. I'll dine there again at my next trip to Burbank.

Munising, Michigan
“Great Food Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were staying in Burbank for the Rose Bowl (Go State!) and needed a quick place to eat prior to heading into LA for the Spartan Pep Rally. They not only accommodated us at 11 AM in the morning but provided excellent service complete with smiles! The food selection on the menu was very good for a chain restaurant and the drinks flowed quite easily. If you sit outside, ask for a table away from street noise as the bus traffic can be loud at times.

• Visited December 2013
So Cal
“Decent for a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We received a gift card from a good friend, so we went to try them out. My wife and I both ordered baby back ribs and shared a generous blueberry- apple cobbler for desert. The ribs were very tasty and tender, although the BBQ sauce was a little disappointing. It came with coleslaw salad and sweet potato fries, both done nicely. The waiter was new, but he did a nice job and had a good sense of humor. Parking is easy, wait time was minimal, food and service were about what we expected. I would not rush back, as there was nothing exceptional, but it was an pleasant experience overall.

• Visited June 2013
Tucson
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our plane had just landed and we were starved. It was an odd time of day which usually proves to be a good thing because you so often stumble upon happy hours and specials restaurants use to draw in guests. We found the Elephant Bar and decided to give it a try. Well there were no specials going on and the place was dead empty. The service seemed OK but there was no one tripping over anyone to serve us, no specials offered. There were a couple of gluten free options but only a couple. They did not look appealing. I asked if another option could have the sauce left off to render it gluten free. The waitress seemed confused. Hmmmmmmmm. The meal was good but lacking flavor of course. My bill came to $52.25. I paid $102.25. I had enough change in my wallet to leave a generous tip of $13. Waiters need to know that when a customer leaves an amount that will provide even change, in my case exactly $50, do NOT return with a bunch of ones!! Not unless the customer ASKS for ones or change!!! I was so angry that I left her the $10 ones I did not ask for and did not want and I put the $13 back in my wallet. She screwed herself out of $3 or 11% of her tip just for not thinking.

• Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Friendly staff, decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stopped here twice. Once at night for happy hour and some people watching and then for lunch making our way to the airport. I wouldn't rave about the food, but it was good. I had cajun chicken and my husband had the Korean tacos. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Visited April 2013