“Fantastic Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #116 of 370 restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Altea, Spain
“Fantastic Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ate here for lunch and really enjoyed the experience. The seating hostess was very pleasant and took the time to talk to us and even share a joke or two. The waiter was excellent as he was attentive and ensured our experience was good. You get chips and salsa to munch on while you look at the extensive menu and when these were finished he provided us with more. We decided to have a beer each and the waiter suggested a pitcher which was a great choice. The food arrived and was of a high standard with both salads being very fresh and the main full of flavour. Due to the fantastic experience we decided to stay and have a dessert too. If it wasnt for the fact we had an appointment to go to, we could have stayed all afternoon and sat in the sun drinking beer. A truly great experience which I would repeat if I were in the area in the future.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Good fish tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We often eat at Chevy's when attending a play with friends at the Colony Theater in Burbank CA. This last time it was fairly crowded during the holiday shopping season. We were seated quickly, but by the time we left for the theater at about 7:30, there was a big crowd waiting. It seems that all the Mexican restaurants that we go to have a few outstanding items and the others are just OK. The stars at Chevy's are the chips, which are made on site and are paper thin, and the fish tacos which are always made with grilled fish, frequently salmon or mahi-mahi. There also is a choice between black beans or refried. Entrees always include a small mound of sweet polenta, which is very good. The margaritas are OK, but they are served in a conical glass, which can be a bit tippy. A bit picky, but I find with this shape it is hard to pace my consumption. The drink level may be down only half an inch, but one has drunk 30 to 50 percent of the drink! Maybe they sell more margaritas that way.

It is interesting to compare Chevy's with my local Mexican eatery in La Canada - Los Gringos Locos (see my review), where the guacamole is great and the large regular margaritas also, but the chips and fish tacos are just OK.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Mostly average with a couple of good things.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've been eating at the Burbank location for several years and the quality of food is fairly consistent, although the service can be hit or miss. The chips are usually fresh and I do love their salsa. It's more of a smokey flavor, not the usual tomato-heavy style. My favorite entree on the menu is the chipotle chicken enchiladas. They have a very nice mild chipotle flavor. Most everything else I've tasted from the menu is pretty standard tex-mex.

Galashiels, United Kingdom
“fajitas for 3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

we all had chicken fajitas they were great huge portion of food 2 would have been fine for the 3 of us free chips and salsa s also a nice touch waiter was very friendly as well

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winnetka, CA
“I had to leave before the singing started.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My first experience with Chevy's was in Encino ( I think). It was right off of Ventura Blvd. I went with a friend. Great food! So I figured, "Hey, it's my birthday. I get to choose where to eat. And I want some mexican food in my belly." I hadn't been in awhile, but I wanted Chevy's. After a few minutes (45 to be exact.) I found that Burbank was the furthest from me. I later found it wasn't far enough. Waiting room was. Until they kept asking people if they mind sharing a table. Sitting was ok, if my sister's back hadn't been to a door that led outside where the breeze was blowing...hard. The lady who took our order was nice. A bit absent minded, but that was brushed off when she came by the table and made fresh guacamole. And I can always appreciate someone singing happy birthday, which she had promised to do. But then the guy with the guitar came over. He saw 2 black females, and one black guy, and thought, "I think I'll sing Feliz Navidad." Really? From there, the downhill ride just never slowed down. The food wasn't that great. Hot wings should be hot AND flavorfull. Mojito's should not be spawning a mint farm. And refried beans shouldn't be liquid. This was not the Chevy's I had known and loved. I found myself apologizing several times throughout the night. I was so tired of all around me, that by the end of the night, I ran to my sister's car before the waitress could start singing to me! I wish i had just said, "Let's go to [enter ANY place that's mexican and not Chevy's in Burbank]" So bad, my sister and my friend both told me, "Next year, you don't get to choose." Thanks a lot!

• Visited January 2012