“Doors don't lock! Noisy neighbors, indifferent staff.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Burbank Extended Stay Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burbank
Burbank Extended Stay Inn
You added Burbank Extended Stay Inn to your Saves list
2021 West Olive Ave., Burbank, CA 91506   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Burbank
Los Angeles, California
“Doors don't lock! Noisy neighbors, indifferent staff.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

We knew this was a do it yourself accommodation, limited housekeeping, no staff after 7pm or Sundays. However, we were plagued by tiny beetles in the room, lumpy beds and intruding housekeepers. There is no lock on the inside of the door so you are at the mercy of anyone with a key. The kitchen was great, best part of the stay. Otherwise very disappointing. Bad lighting in room, torn up lampshades and weary furniture but clean other than the beetles.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
tampa florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

i originally booked 5 nights here through hotels.com at a great rate basically 1/2 of what you see advertised.

the place has been remodled in sw mexican baja cottage style...being from the east coast i found it unique and charming....

my stay got extended 2 additional week and my wife and 14 yo son joined me.

we all love this place

no it is not a 5 star resort, it is extended stay....furnished apartments. you have to wash you own dishes and make your own bed...

super convient walk to the best mexican resturant ive ever eaten at "picquoto mas", cvs, grcery, chinees rest, mcdonalds,7-11+++++more all in walking distance.

i stayed at the 2021 w olive location..they have another locaTION ON W OLIVE that has not been remodeled yet and does not have hated pool.

j myers tampa florida

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

We were looking a cheap option in LA and besides Motel 6 types places in Torrence and Culver City or one very seedy looking Hollywood option this is what we ended up with. We stayed a total of 7 nights. We found the staff (particularly the manager) to be very helpful and friendly and went out their way a few times to help out. The room itself was pretty basic but it had a kitchen which was great (not flash but then we were eating out every night anyway) and despite this is was pretty cosy. Free internet worked great and was a nice perk (especially after paying $20 a day in Vegas). Location is perfect, very very handy to the freeways, Universal city and Hollywood.

I think the key thing with this place is don't expect anything amazing. It is good cheap accommodation in an amazing location. It's a place to sleep and spend some down time but really if you're travelling and spending all your time in hotels there's something wrong with your approach and it's even worse if you're travelling on bottom dollar and expect a lot - be realistic. We would definently go back without a second thought and have recommended to many.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

The place is a dump, very dirty and the staff lied about providing internet service. They tell you you will have internet when they know full well they can not supply it to all the guest at one time. They even tried to blame my computer and later admitted they know they have a problem. I wasted hours attempting to log on to their internet. Their staff is rude and stated they were not going to do anything about the problems. Pool was not heated it was colder then ice. So we left and found a real nice place down the road called the Safari.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Dont stay here! OMG! I wish I had read the other reviews! It is sooo dirty! My mother and I were so disgusted that we didn't care how much we spent and ended up leaving to stay at the Universal Hilton for twice the price and sooo worth it! My mothers nose was burning from the dust and mold. The sheets were dirty and it looked like the hotel from Psycho! The doors were not secure looking at all either! We left and are still disputing charges! We didn't even stay the first night, we just couldn't stomache this dump! DON"T STAY! The person who said the street was better was right! Your car would be better for sure!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
burbank
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

This place has alot of potential. When I first arrived the customer service was very friendly and made me feel so welcome. I decided I wanted to stay for the rest of the month (despite cable not working in my room and bein moved to one with working cable). I loved their little down comforter. It seemed really cozy. But it was short lived. There are two things everyone should be aware of. If you are on the bottom level then you will hear the people above you (and I mean here). I got woken up by the people above me moving around and droppin things. It got to be really distractring and somewhat bothersome. Another thing that is rather minor but still somthing that bothered me is the microwave. Its an older non digital microwave so therefore you can not put in a specific time. For most people thats not a problem but for me it was.

Now to the real problem with my stay and what made me take to time to write a review. That first night I could not connect to the internet. I kept getting an ip conflict error. I have used my computer at many other wireless networks and never had an issue with my computer connection. The next morning I went to get help and I was greeted by a different lady than the very nice lady I initailly dealt with. This new lady was rude and condescending to say the least. Instead of helping a paying customer with a problem she treated me with condescension and detest when I asked fror help. She wouldnt even call their IT people to help me and told me "no one else is having a problem so its just your computer. I suggest you call your computer company and troubleshoot." What really upset me wasnt even them being unable to help but that she treated me as if I was a 12 year pest who was out of line asking to have working internet. I felt like she viewed me as a bug on her shoe. With me being a payin customer I no longer wanted to pay for their service. Long story short I decided to not stay for the month. And hey what do you know. I went and rented a hotel room down the street and strangely enough no problems with my connections.

I think it has a lot of potential if that lady decides to treat her paying customers a little bit better and get the technical aspects down. I would suggest requesting a second floor room even though there is no elevator to save yourself the annoyance of constant footsteps above you. Best of luck to all.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

Where to start? Had to buy our own toilet paper. Towels were not changed for days and these were the same ones we had to use for the pool and they had the nerve to leave a tip envelope for housekeeping. Laundry room was locked so we could not wash them. Toilet was sinking into the floor. Were accompanied in the room by earwigs. Very dirty. Kitchen cupboards were sticky. Watched as an onion was left on the outdoor grill for the full duration of our stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends