“Great location, clean motor hotel, Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston
“Great location, clean motor hotel, Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had an extended stay at the Safari Inn, due to my sons relocation to California. The motel was very clean, the rooms were comfortable, no noise issues. Pool was nice size, very refreshing. I especially likes the deck above the pool, great place to bring morning coffee or lunch. The motel is handy to Burbank, the Studios, the Hills and the Arts district (NOHO- North Hollywood). The resturant next door at Safaris sister propery, The Olive Bistro was great, served breakfast, lunch and dinner, reasonably priced and the food was above average!! As well as a variety of other inexpensive dining options close by (walking distance). Bus stop right in front of the Motel, But I found driving around the area easy, for the most part the drivers are very polite, (and being from Massachusetts this was very pleasant!), We asked for the AAA rate and was very pleased with the overall cost! It is a Motel, no frills but would recommend for those on a budget, or just into throw-back experiences!! Again great location!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BunbunBoston
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2015
Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the amenities as well as your dining experience at our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank in the future!

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was in LA for workshops so I wanted something clean and inexpensive...it was clean, inexpensive and the restaurant "olive's" had great and inexpensive food! It wasn't the Hilton, but I didn't pay for Hilton either so I was very very happy with what I got!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

1 Thank Pooya M
Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the quality of the food provided by our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank in the future!
Langwarrin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family and I had a great experience at this hotel. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and helpful and fixed a mistake I had made when booking before we had arrived. Parking out the front of the room, comfortable bed. We would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the quality of the accommodations and the level of service provided. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank in the future!
Fair Oaks, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The only thing related to a safari is the tacky statue of the elephant in the lobby, and the zebra coverlet on the bed. This is a two story motel that tries to increase its appeal with a funky name. Parking is right outside the room, so you often hear cars and people talking. Thin carpets and padding results in hearing neighbors walking overhead until quite late. There is nothing attractive or inviting about this property. The staff are nice, and seem quite helpful. It is overpriced motel trying to be so something else.

Room Tip: A good room is at a different hotel. I imagine an upstairs room is better than the 1st floor since y...
Green Features: I did not observe any environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments, We are saddened to hear you were not pleased with your accommodations. It is our goal to ensure every guest has a positive experience when staying with us and we certainly want to make it up to you. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I traveled with two friends to California for a little getaway to the beach and Six Flags. My friend recommended we stay at the Sarafi Inn. I have to say the hotel was great! The property was very well maintained and clean. The room was also very clean. The front desk ladies provided great service. I really enjoyed my stay there and would definitely return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank denny0wayne
Thank you for your feedback. It is such a pleasure to hear positive comments from a guest regarding their stay. We're delighted you enjoyed the quality of your accommodations and the level of service provided. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank in the future!
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Worst Hotel experience ever.
1st night was fine then 2nd night i was woken up after 20 mins of sleep by a lady on crack or acid or meth something terrifying and awful in the next room.
Screaming at the top of her lungs that she couldn't breathe banging on my wall.
I honestly thought I was going to get shot or something had to move hotels shaking and really happy they didn't refund me that night so had to pay for that and the there hotel i had to change to!
Thanks Safari Inn for the nightmares and leaving me out of pocket!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank T H
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize for the issue you encountered during your stay with us. The comfort and happiness of our guests is of the utmost importance. We did our best to rectify the issue and make things right unfortunately you decided to check-out prior to allowing us the remedy the situation. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future. Again we apologize for the issue. Thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Folks, from Indianapolis, Indiana and stayed a full 7 days. I am missing this place already and was sad to leave. The neighborhood was quiet and peaceful. I was able to sleep soundly and didn't experience anything negative, AT ALL. No bugs of any kind. Room was clean and neat. Most impressive was the staff. I love their uniform as it was classy but their service was by far the most excellent I've seen ever, any where including Paris, France. Monica and Val gave me advice and tips and where to go. They never seemed bored, uninterested or uncaring, quite the opposite. I will miss them. I would love to move to Burbank. I shopped at Fresh n Easy for groceries, went to the theatre to see Maleficent. I liked the park close by and just everything about this quaint area. I was able to drive to Hollywood, L.A., the beaches and even Vegas with no issues at all. Very easy to get around and I didn't expect that. The price for a motel that shot films/movies was very reasonable, just book early as they have just 55 rooms. I loved every second there and would do it again in a heartbeat. Bravo and kudos to Safari Inn and staff!!!

Room Tip: Book early as I did.
Green Features: Super. The towel re-use was a useful option and only got new towels every other day. I didn't need new sheets either so I was happy to sleep on same sheet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

2 Thank Kay C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Tangerine Hotel
Holiday Inn Burbank
#13 of 19 in Burbank
3.5 of 5 stars 425 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Media Center Inn & Suites

Been to Safari Inn? Share your experiences!