“Quiet area” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tustin, California
“Quiet area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is a boutique motel, if there is such a thing. It's 2 level, with a pool and an upstairs terrace overlooking the property. It's not in a tourist-y location, so everywhere you'd want to go is a drive. Rooms are decent size but outdated. The TVs are not flat screens and don't expect anything else for the tech savvy. It does have a larger than mini fridge, which is nice if you're staying more than one day, and comes with (again, old school) coffee maker. It's a motor lodge that's close to NBC, Disney Company and WB - that's about it. It could be a cool little stay spot if they'd just fix up the rooms a bit.

Room Tip: I would pick an upstairs room just to cut down on noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for youre feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your expereince. Since your last visit we have remodeled our rooms with new safari themed bedding, a gorgeous red chair and a 32" flat screen TV. We hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to show you the changes we've made. Thank you once more for your comments. We hope you will stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed here with my husband, my sister, & my dog. We chose the hotel because it was a pet-friendly hotel with good reviews & was cheaper than many of the other hotels in the area that we were considering. The hotel is right by the NBC & WB studios. The room wasn't very fancy, but it was nice & had everything we needed (I always make sure to get a fridge & microwave in our room when we travel). It also seemed very clean. One day I even saw the maids mopping the cement walkway in front of the rooms. My sister used the pool & the water was very clear. There is a nice grassy area to walk your dog on the side street of the hotel. It is not right outside your door, but not a far walk. We really liked the area of Burbank around the hotel, it was still close to everything, but much less busy than if we had stayed in L.A. I felt safe taking my dog out alone. My husband & I are going back to L.A. in March & will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind remarks! It's truly wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. Our priority is to always provide clean and comfortable guest rooms as well as excellent service that will meet and exceed a guests expectations. Our location is one of the best as we are centrally located to most attractions and conveinences. Please let us know when you plan on visiting with us again as we offer complimentary shuttle service to and from Burbank Airport. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.
Incline Village, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Good location at a reasonable price. We've stayed a number of times with better than average results; however, this time the room I had was in need of repair--lights, bathroom and closet door. This room unfortunately had closet in bathroom. Bed and pillows very hard. No more free breakfast. The pool is still lovely.

Room Tip: rooms away from the office are better
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Long Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed at the Safari Inn in Burbank in December, 2011. The location is good if you're spending time in the Valley, or have business at the local studios. This is basically a standard motor lodge. The room was fairly clean, if a bit stuffy, and the bed was not particularly comfortable. Standard bathroom, standard lighting, standard amenities. There was nothing exceptional about the place, which is where I have a problem. I wouldn't call it a good value, since I paid about $120 for the room (much more than a comparable hotel, I believe), and this was a "discount" from the usual rate. I expected a bit more.

I'd classify this place as a missed opportunity. When you drive up to the Safari Inn, you'll see a really cool vintage sign, (see the picture I included with this review) wonderfully harking back to the days of "themed" motels (like the ones that used to exist around Disneyland). If the motel would simply embrace the nostalgia and the kitschiness of that sign, it would be a fantastic little place to stay. Instead, the chain owners have gentrified it so that it looks like any other motor inn. Why not decorate the rooms in vintage "safari" style from the 1940's or 1950's? With its location so close to the Hollywood studios, why not put pictures from "Tarzan" movies on the wall? Instead, the rooms look dated and drab.

I probably shouldn't review this hotel for what it isn't, but it's hard not to when I feel that it could be really cool, if someone would use a little imagination. The pool is really cute, and you get a great view of the cool sign I mentioned, but the weather was too cold to enjoy this time. It's not a bad place to stay. Just standard. If that's what you want, that's what you'll get. But don't let the sign fool you.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Wolf Lake, Québec CANADA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I spent 10 nights here at the Safari Inn in September 2011... an awesome place. Clean, safe, quiet, friendly, the staff is just fantastic. The price is right, I give this place five stars.
Close to many of the great attractions of Los Angeles, Hollywood, etc.
With the small fridge, and the near by CVS you can have handy items in your room like muffins, milk for your coffee and a drink or two.
I felt at home, didn't want to leave. The pool is nice, and nearby restaurant if awesome, everyone mde me feel so welcome.
I arranged for a city tour, picked up and dropped off at the hotel by shuttle - fantastic service. Shuttle to airport great... all in all a very pleasant stay.
I will return again, and soon.

Room Tip: Any room is great, with the elevator all rooms are accessible.. I stayed in a second floor room cl...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Not very happy that there was a barking dog in the next room. Liked that there was a large shampoo in the bath on the wall. Clean. Plenty of places to eat near by. Alright for a couple nights. Again good start studios nearby.

Room Tip: Nothing to add. If you make alot of money stay someplace else.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Wow, where to start, the front desk woman was either challenged in some sort of brain trauma way or on drugs, I HONESLY felt like I was on some type of hidden camera show. What is wrong with this woman? The room was adequate, but smelled horrible, a combination of heavy smoke with highly toxic cleaning products, gave me a terrible headache. I complained to the hidden camera woman but was told in slurred speach over and over again "dass all the rooms we got." Is there a "YUCK" button on this website? Pass on this hotel, there are too many great hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel if you want a good room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Safari Inn? Share your experiences!