“Beautiful grounds and a nice happy hour!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Burbank
Long Beach, CA
“Beautiful grounds and a nice happy hour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed two nights at the Courtyard Marriott in Burbank, and it was a very pleasant experience. I wasn't expecting much more than a standard hotel that caters to a business clientele. And in regard to the room and its amenities, that is exactly what you get. However, the "courtyard" area outside the main lobby and the pool are the real stars of this property.

The room was standard, perhaps a little dark because it faced another building. But it was comfortable, and it had a mini-fridge to store drinks. There's a Target within walking distance to purchase items to stock the fridge, if necessary (stay away from the overpriced bottled water in the room!). There are a lot of places to eat nearby in the shopping center adjacent to the hotel.

The pool area and the grounds outside are particularly beautiful. There are plenty of seats and tables to do work or have a meeting, and wifi was available outside as well. The lobby bar has a happy hour where all drinks are 1/2 price (even "call drinks"). They'll serve you outside so you can enjoy the lovely weather. At night, there are tiki torches and a fire pit outside, which was really magical.

A few minor quibbles: The pool ran out of towels, and it took awhile before new ones were delivered. The business center uses an outdated proprietary internet browser that was unable to access my email from iCloud. Fortunately, the front desk allowed me to email them a document from my phone, so they were able to print out the document that I couldn't access in the business center.

If you have the time to enjoy the recreational areas outside of your room, it is worth staying at this Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear LongBeachTripper:

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed our beautiful courtyard area and pool. We hope if your travels bring you back to Burbank, you choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I dont expect every hotel stay to be perfect. Things happen. This rating is not only about the incident but waiting to see how the Marriott responds to our complaint, which they have yet to do.

On Saturday, June 14, following a family friend's wedding, my family and I returned to the Marriott Courtyard Burbank where all guests to the wedding party were staying. Many guests socialized in the bar area following the wedding, including my husband, while I returned to the room to sleep with our infant daughter.
During the end of the evening, my husband realized he did not have a key to the room and approached the front desk to request a key. The employee, Omar, notified him that although he shared the same last name as the guest, he was not listed on the account and could not be provided a key. For security reasons, we understand this. Omar offered to call the room, but my husband did not want the phone ringing to wake our daughter. Instead, my husband asked Omar to escort him to the room where he could quickly prove who he was, and I could confirm that he was a guest along with me. Omar refused this option stating "You are not listed anywhere on the account. I can't do that." Side note: Omar later lied to his management stating that he offered this option to my husband, which proves that he could have taken this option but for some reason refused. Regardless, Omar could have been customer-focused and thought of alternate solutions, such as asking several other guests nearby whether my husband was who he said he was, whether they saw him with me and our daughter the entire night, or even to just apologize, state policy, and offer my husband to see if he could stay with someone else. Anything except for what he did next…
During the conversation with Omar at the front desk, my husband did accidentally spill beer on the Marriott’s computer keyboard. At that point, Omar physically pushed my husband into the center of the lobby and was trying to fight with my husband, who refused to engage. We do not believe it is Company practice to physically touch and try to fight a guest/customer, due to “damage to property” (i.e., spilling beer on a keyboard)? Omar claimed to feel "physically threatened" by my husband. However, if Omar feared he was physically threatened, why did he approach my husband (we requested the Marriott to review the security tapes to prove this)? If a reasonable person felt physically threatened, I believe other better options would include: (1) stepping away; (2) calling for help; (3) screaming…anything, except stepping towards your “aggressor” and trying to fight him.
When Omar realized my husband would not engage in a fight, he said, “that’s it, I’m going to call the police and tell them that you assaulted me with a beer bottle.” And that’s exactly what Omar did. My husband stood there in disbelief as Omar called the police and lied to them.
When the four police officers arrived due to the fictitious claim by Omar, my husband requested the police to view the security tape, but Omar said they would not be available for several days. All of a sudden, Omar decided not to press charges against my husband. Is it possible Omar knew what was going to show up on the security tape on Monday? If Omar truly believed he was assaulted, why not press charges?
The incident concluded with the Police escorting my husband to the room to gather his belongings and leave the premises for the night. If Omar believed that my husband was not a guest, then why did he let my husband enter my room?
We’ve only requested for the Marriott management to review the security tape to confirm our story and to take appropriate action against the rogue employee.

Room Tip: They're probably all the same.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great Staff! At check in I was allowed to pick my room from the couple that were available, which was nice....got one next to the exit door and my car. Clean hotel (looks new), beds are very comfortable. Hotel close to the I-5 frwy and in a shopping center with restaurants and retail within walking distance. Staff was super friendly and helpful....

Room Tip: It's a wrap around parking lot, so if you have to park away from the front door, get a room that...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear OCTodd:
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. We are very happy to hear you received the level of service expected from Marriott and had a great stay. Should your travels bring you back to Burbank, we hope to be of service to you again!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is not your typical Airport Hotel. I never actually saw the airport that it was supposed to be near. It's in a nice shopping area so very convenient to many things even if you don't have a car. Literally walking distance to a huge shopping plaza with Target, Best Buy, Marshall's, Nordstrom Rack to name a few. Plenty of restaurants too.

We stayed 5 days. The hotel was very clean and nice overall. The people working there were also very nice. Our only complaint was the tiny sink area with poor lighting. The actual bathroom with toilet and shower was huge though. Not a great design especially for 3 women trying to get their make-up on. The room overall was a nice large size.

The happy hour menu was great. We enjoyed the chicken wings especially and the edamame was good as well. Don't buy water from the little hotel store, it's $1.75 a bottle! Go get a case of water at Target and store it in the refrigerator that's in the room-also a nice extra we didn't expect.
We were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was to stay here.

Room Tip: We had a "mountain view" room which was code for Parking lot side. It was fine though. The...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mathqueenb:
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and were able to enjoy the nearby shopping and dining. We hope you choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Burbank!
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night on a business trip. The hotel was very clean, quite (despite a big convention) and the staff were very helpful. The bar was great and had really good food. I stayed right next to the elevator and thought it was going to be very noisy, but it was very quite and comfortable. Great hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear kylelutgen:

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are glad to hear you had a great stay, despite us being busy! We hope to have the privilege of being of service to you again should your travels bring you back to Burbank!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Both clean and comfortable and that's all you can ask for. The Courtyard Marriott experience has been consistent and our stay was what we learned to expect from past Courtyard stays. We enjoyed the lobby service area with our friends and LOVED that we were able to buy a glass of wine right there instead of going out.

Room Tip: No bad room experienced.
Green Features: Enjoy that they prompted us to hang our towel to use again.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear GeauxFrogs:

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable accommodation and am glad that you received the consistency that you've come to expect from Marriott. We hope to be of service to you again should your travels bring you back to Burbank!
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The location is great because it is attached to a strip mall that contains Target, Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, etc. If you forget something you can buy it at Target. There are several places to eat and a Starbucks in the same parking lot. Parking was plentiful and free. Front desk was courteous and helpful. The room was extremely clean and the beds were so comfortable. Shower heads are very nice. The decorations were modern and includes an ipod dock/clock combo. There are computers dedicated for airport check-in, computers for general use, nice fitness facility, a firepit outside, a nice heated pool and spa. Dinner is served after 5:00 and the bar is open as well. In the morning the bar turns into a Starbucks cafe. The only negative was the breakfast. The fresh waffles and omelets were great but the other hot foods (eggs, bacon, sausage) were cold even though they were in the chafing dishes. There is a Hometown Buffet a short walk away - save a few bucks and go there. During our stay there were youth sports groups there and they left a mess, took over the dining room, pool, and firepit. Brought their own food and alcohol, let the kids hog the computers...it was annoying. It would be nice if the hotel would impose some restrictions so that the hotel could be enjoyed by all guests. other than that - great stay and I would choose them again.

Room Tip: The pool is open until 11:00 - you may want to avoid rooms facing the pool. Elevator is slow so low...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tigereyes69:

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you had a great stay during a busy weekend and enjoyed some of our amenities as well as the stores and restaurants within our center. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Burbank.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Burbank Airport? Share your experiences!