“This is an great place to stay especially right next to food and shopping.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Empire Avenue, Burbank, CA 91504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
“This is an great place to stay especially right next to food and shopping.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My other review was for the Glendale extended stay. This place is nicer. The staff is helpful. The shopping is awesome. You could walking around shop and dine. The rooms are great. Looks like there still up grading all the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words and you can certainly look forward to those continual improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Very good hotel to stay for purpose at Burbank, CA.
Amazing combination of location, facilities and staff. All were good. I stayed almost for a month with my wife. It was really feel of home away home.
All daily required shops, transportation amenties just on walk able distance

Room Tip: Good to stay at this place
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had heard mixed reviews from this hotel but needed somewhere for a long stay and it seemed perfect for our needs, we'd also stayed in other Extended Stay America properties around the US and had had pleasant stays before.

We went into the lobby area to take a look before bringing in all our luggage, the lobby looked clean, there was someone making hoo-hah about not having a particular tv remote which seemed a little ott and why the staff couldn't just give him the remote he requested was beyond me but the girl on the desk continued to explain how the remotes all work the same (regardless the guy clearly wanted another one so it would have been easier to give him the other).

That said, once he was sorted the girl began to help us out apologising about the previous guy, she was very friendly but I'm not sure putting down another guest is really the best way to greet someone ? Anyway, that aside we got our key went up to the room to have a quick look... we poked our head through the door, the room looked ok, clean enough, not exactly sparkling but it looked more tired that dirty.

We brought our luggage up from the car and settled into the room.Everything looked fine we paid close to £50 a night so wasn't expecting too much... on first inspection the floor and bed were clean, the bathroom looked ok apart from the sink that had been fixed with some sort of material that rubs off I don't think it's anything to moan about though.

We dumped our bags and went out for food.

When we arrived back later that night, I opened the bedside table to find a dirty candle which had been used as an ashtray, a half eaten chocolate bar, an open can of soda and a hair clip eww!

We went down to reception to explain, she was very apologetic and said she'd come and clean it herself but we said it was fine, we'd be happy to wait for housekeeping in the morning.

Then later that evening after finally settling in properly we were just about to microwave some milk for some ovaltine when we found a place full of moudly food in the microwave... pretty disgusting... at this point we couldn't be bothered going back down to reception so we just began searching online for somewhere else to stay and booked that (will add review of that soon).

Throughout the night the air conditioning unit kept pumping out warm air, we would wake up every hour and switch it back to cool but for some reason it seemed to be set to a hideously high temperature that we couldn't over ride so we spent the night not only thinking of how dirty the room probably actually was but also in sweltering stuffy heat.

In the morning we took all our bags and luggage out of the room and checked out, the guy on reception asked why we didn't just move rooms which was an understandable question but given that the staff had left such a large disgusting mess in the kitchen it doesn't hold well for their standards of cleanliness and even the cleanest of rooms wouldn't have been satisfying after that.

The guy on reception in the morning was very apologetic, he did try to get us to stay but realised quite quickly their mistake had lost them our long booking and so he simply apologised and refunded our full stay including the night we had stayed there which was very appreciated.

On first impressions, if house keeping had done their job then this place would have been perfect for the money.

Other than our experience the location is nice, it's within a retail park with lots of stores, restaurants etc within walking distance which is always handy.

I can't fault the front of desk staff, the guy that checked us out was very helpful but perhaps their housekeeping staff need to pay more attention when cleaning ???

Overall it's a good location but our experience would mean we'd be unlikely to even look here again without seeing notable change within the hotels reviews.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kegan - I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel.  Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff.  I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory

concord ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

i like the room its convenient if u need a long stay. theres plenty of shopping .
target rigt next door outbacksteak house nordstrom rack. most of all everyone friendly the rooms
have wooden floors flatscreen tvs.just everything u need if ur tired of going out to eat u can cook there too. i would stay there again

Room Tip: theres everything around you and the staff will take good care of u at the front desk.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Burbank Airport takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I checked in for an overnight stay as this (or the Courtyard Marriot) was the closest to where I had to do business the next morning. I woke up early the next morning itching from 3 bedbug bites. I went downstairs and let the desk-clerk know, and they took down the room info, but the manager never did anything about it. Bottom-line is you should NOT have to sacrifice comfort or cleanliness at ANY national chain of hotels. I would recommend the Courtyard if you have to be in that area. As this hotel only has 2 stars on trip advisor, it goes to show that I should have done my homework on this site first.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your response from your stay! I would like to apologize for the experience you have had while on your one night stay. We have checked the situation in detail and we have not found any problems with pest in the room.

Perhaps you may have had an reaction to our cleaning chemicals for the bedding. We never want you to leave feeling as if you are not valued, please return to the hotel and we will show you the true Value of Extended stay Burbank that guest have become accustom to!

Have a Fantastic Day
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Loved it...nice size room with fully fuctional kitchens, HDTV, cold A/C. The staff was vary friendly and even checked me in ah little early. Will definitely stay here again. Loved it...nice size room with fully fuctional kitchens, HDTV, cold A/C. The staff was vary friendly and even checked me in ah little early. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your response! There is nothing better than to hear that we have delivered on the promise of excellence and constancy.

We look forward to your next with stay and we will stay in the tradition of providing Great customer service and Fresh rooms!
Healdsburg, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We took their last room (a smoking room..we are non-smokers) for two nights as other hotels in the area were all booked. I think smoking room, or not, the facility smelled like smoke everywhere and the odors even seemed to come out of the window air conditioner/heater. We left our window open, and then workers woke us about 5:30-6:00am both mornings (working on a building across the street). I admit that was an unusual circumstance; however, the streets outside were noisy. There is a train nearby, but we did not mind the train noise, Carpets were dirty in the public areas and halls. I would say the general condition of the hotel was shabby and un-cared for (we had peeling vinyl on the floor in the kitchen area). I would not walk barefoot on the carpet. They need to define smoking/no-smoking areas and also define pets/no-pets areas.To be fair, I will say that the desk clerks were very helpful and our room (especially the kitchen area) was very clean, excluding the windows which were so dirty you could barely see through them. I can see that for a family on a very tight budget, who needs to stay somewhere for a week or more, this hotel might be a good choice. We are a non-smoking senior couple with no pets, so it did not work for us, The free parking is ample and convenient. There is a large mall nearby (not walking distance for seniors), and you can pick and choose any restaurants you like. We ate at the Outback and had an excellent dinner. I would not recommend a short-time stay as there is no housecleaning unless you pay extra or have an extended stay. They call their "breakfast," "on-the-go," which means they have coffee, rolls, & oatmeal packets until 9:00am.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. Our smoking floor is the 4th floor, so I can understand the shared hallway would have a slight odor of smoke. As well, I am sorry that our "On the Go" breakfast offerings were not communicated to you better. We will work towards improving the way we explain to guests the timing and items being provided each day.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport? Share your experiences!