“STAYED LAST WEEK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amarano Burbank

You added Hotel Amarano Burbank to your Saves list
Hotel Amarano Burbank
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   322 North Pass Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505 (Formerly The Graciela Burbank)   |
Offers & Announcements
Tailgate to the Playoffs!
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
Parksville, Canada
“STAYED LAST WEEK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Loved this hotel , great staff ,great service,very nice manager who recommended a great restaurant. Loved the pool. they got me into my hotel room early . They let me check out late.what more can i say loved this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out to let us know how much you enjoyed Hotel Amarano. We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future.

Tom Whelan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here over night on a Saturday in June and was very pleased. Very cute hotel. Rooms are very clean and spacious. We had a room right over the pool. The pool is small but cozy. They said it was heated but didn't feel like it. Pool service was great and attentive. There are plenty of restaurants around the area and even a shopping center across the street.

Overall... a very relaxing spot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It was nice to hear how much you enjoyed yours stay. I have passed your comments on to our staff and we all have to agree, the Hotel Amarano is a great boutique hotel, centrally located in the media capital of the world.

Thank you for taking time out to post a review.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights the weekend of my wedding. The entire staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. It is conveniently located across the street from a plaza with a Vons and plenty of places to eat. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and we are delighted that you chose the Hotel Amarano to spend your wedding weekend. We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel and that you would be more than happy to recommend Hotel Amarano to your family and friends.

Thank you again and Congratulations on your wedding.

New York, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here four nights; first half for business, second half for pleasure. First off, this is not a four star hotel. Three at best. Luxury (a highly over used word in the hospitality industry) is in the details. Meaning the pillows (old, too soft and misshapen and when the covers were removed, clearly old and worn); bath towels (thin and thread bare and cheap quality), bedding and sheets, old and of minimal quality. Decor was a bit dated in my opinion. Good quality lighting made the room look better at night.

On the plus side, the room had a small kitchenette complete with stove top and microwave (turntable did not work though) frig and limited plates and utensils. Super friendly staff and generally knowledgeable, though one person was unaware of the Getty Villa and only knew about the Getty Center.

As other reviewers have noted, the overnight valet parking is a total rip off at $33! Follow the advice of the employees and use it only during the day, but don't park your car overnight when they do the sweep of the garage. There is plenty of parking on the street in the immediate neighborhood. On each night I always found a spot easily on the Maple street just behind the hotel. From what I could tell that parking is unrestricted and very safe. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very good, though way over priced at $28 for a egg white omelette, yogurt, fruit, toast and coffee.

Pool and patio was pleasant and well positioned for sun throughout the day, but because there were a lot of families with children, don't expect a quiet and relaxing experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out to post a review and our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff and they are also truly sorry that you did not experience the superior service and guest satisfaction that so many of our guests are accustomed to. We ask that you give us another opportunity and I'd be more than happy to assist you on your reservation. I can be contacted at 818-260-4750.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Amarano and really enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly, especially the bartenders. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. We didn't have time to enjoy the pool but it looked nice. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again on your next trip to LA. It is always nice when someone takes time out of their busy schedule to let everyone know how much they enjoyed our hotel.

Thank you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I recently stayed here for two nights while on business. I travel to Burbank frequently and decided to give this hotel a shot. Arrival, valet parking and check-in were smooth. The staff was friendly, fast and efficient. My first room had air conditioning issues (room temp was 77 and thermostat was set to 70). Maintenance was prompt to the room and determined they could not fix so I was relocated. No big deal here - there was an issue out of their control and they corrected it. The next morning, I was told by the valet that unless I just wanted to retrieve my car and drive to the Disney Studios for my meeting, I could rely on their shuttle service. I mistakenly agreed. Getting to the studio was smooth and uneventful. Trying to get back to the hotel was not. I called the hotel and was told by the person answering the phone I would have to speak to valet so she transferred me. No one ever answered. Finally, she came back on and said the valet team was busy and could they call me back? I gave her my cell and waited for 15 minutes with no call back. I call the hotel again and am told this time that driver was on his way and they were sorry no one called me back. 15 minutes later with no driver, I called the hotel again and was advised they had picked up a female at the Studios but would try to catch the driver so I could squeeze in with them. A woman came on the line and told me that the shuttle was unavailable now and to just grab a taxi and they would pay the bill when I arrived at the hotel. I called two taxi companies who wanted the exact street address, not cross-streets, but street number and name where I was to be picked up and street number and name of street where I was going - not the hotel name. I didn't have that information. I call the hotel back asking if they could give me the street address. The lady who answered was no help whatsoever. Told me to ask someone at the Studios. I tell her to forget it, I'd just walk. Get a call from the driver about half way back to the hotel asking where I wanted to be picked up - advised him I had already walked this far, I'd just finish the walk. Out of every person I spoke to, the driver was the only one who apologized. The hotel really should not advertise their shuttle as a hotel perk. It is too unreliable. As far as the room goes, the furnishings were nice, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean. The location was nice. I did not like having the industrial size bottles of shampoo, soap, etc. that are used by every guest that stays in the room - seems a little unsanitary to me. I've never seen this at any other hotel. The linens in the bathroom were a bit thread bare and a couple of pieces were discolored. The ironing board cover was full of holes and covered in stains. I was afraid to use the ironing board for fear of ruining my clothes so I took everything I needed pressed to Milt and Edie's on the corner right up from the hotel. I didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. Overall, it was an OK stay. However, I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time out to post a review and I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

Our shuttle service drives within a 3-mile radius of the hotel has always been a service that our guests enjoy and take advantage of. Unfortunately, on that particular day, we did not deliver. I have addressed this issue with our bell staff and reviewed our procedures and communication so that this does not happen again to one of our guests in the future. I also addressed your housekeeping concerns with our Executive Housekeeper.

The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction and again, I want to express my sincere apology for not meeting your expectation. I would also ask that you give us another opportunity when traveling again to the L.A. area and I would be more than happy to assist you with your reservation. I can be contacted at 818-260-4750.

LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just loved this hotel and had a two night stay. Everything you need, lovely pool and bar and shopping just across the road. I was there on business but I will be back. Staff great and Duty Manager was lovely and helpful. Rooms were lovely and fresh feeling.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with pool view