“Not Bad for Burbank” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amarano Burbank

You added Hotel Amarano Burbank to your Saves list
Hotel Amarano Burbank
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   322 North Pass Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505 (Formerly The Graciela Burbank)   |
Offers & Announcements
Tailgate to the Playoffs!
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not Bad for Burbank”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Honestly, I have stayed in better, but for the area it was pretty good. My 7 year old son and I thoroughly enjoyed the pool. It was small but adequate for the number of people that used it. I liked that even though the hotel is trying to be more of a "hip" singles spot, they were actually pretty family friendly. Beds were very comfortable. Their showers could use a little more thought to their redesign. The hallways could be a little brighter but the big bad here is the lack of adequate self parking. Having to use their valets just to be absolutely sure that your car isn't parked where it might get towed or "other" is frankly ridiculous. Just because you have valets doesn't necessarily put you in a higher star rating, particularly when your facilities are equalled by 3 1/2 star chain facilities. They need to lose the valet parking requirement.

Other than that. It was a good stay overall

Room Tip: There is an older section to this facility. Avoid it if you can.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are glad that you found us to be family friendly and that you enjoyed our heated salt water pool. With regards to Valet parking, the hotel is situated in a quiet, residential neighborhood, very close to Disney, Warner Brother and Universal Studios. Due to virtually no street parking, we implemented the service of Valet parking and have been diligent about keeping our rates the lowest in the LA area.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit.

Tom Whelan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the experience. Mike at the front desk and the valet staff were excellent. Our room was little bit nosiy from traffic. Only real drawback was the valet parking. It cost $35 a day , coming from Las Vegas we weren't expecting this. We were tipping the staff as if we were at a casino, so it turned out to be overly expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to complete a review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We also want to thank you for recognizing our Team members for their service. Due to the fact that we are in a residential neighborhood, parking is limited that is why we provide the service of Valet Parking at a minimal price, compared to other hotels in the LA area.

If there is anything we can do in assisting with a future reservation when you are traveling to the LA area, please don't hesitate to give us a call directly with your special request.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been a huge fan of Amarano the past 8 years until my last 2 stays. I just returned from a horrendous 5 night stay. I learned there is a new section and old. I was placed originally in the old section that is very tired. The tile floor was stained with foot grease. I arrived at midnight from the east coast. I pulled up and no one even offered to help with my luggage as I lugged 3 large peices in. I checked in and went to my room to find down pillows. I called the desk and asked for anything without feathers (I have asthma). I waited a half hour exhausted only to have more down pillows delivered. I asked again and they finally found 3 non down pillows. I was so tired. I finally got to sleep when at 5:30 am the children from another family in the adjoining room started opening the slamming the adjoining door. I slept about 2-3 hours that night. Night 2 I got into bed at 10 to hear the same children screaming and banging the walls. I finally fell asleep and was awakened at 12:30 with a sheet delivery that I didn't order. Another error. Night 3 the screaming continued, I called and I don't know what was happening but the desk didn't believe me. I called 3 times when they heard the screaming from the other room over my phone. Eventually I was allowed to move to the new wing. It was much cleaner, quieter, and had foam pillows. I did have the opportunity to speak with the manager and he apologized profusely which was good because I really was about to go to the Holiday Inn. He said he would comp a night or 2 for my trouble. I was impressed that he was acknowledging the problem and doing a nice thing.

The next morning I felt so fabulous after a good night sleep and went to make my coffee in the Keurig provided but there were no stirrers or spoons so I called the desk and asked for a spoon. They said " would you like coffee and creamer as well?", I said "no just a spoon please". 5 minutes later, the bellman arrived with a tray filled with coffee and creamer and no spoon. I am just amazed and disappointed at the place.

I went to check out on Sunday morning and was given the bill. There was no compensation just the full price. I told the man at the desk what the manager had said and he said " wait for a few minutes and Ill get the manager, he is in the other office"

I have been waiting in this hotel far too long for things that were supposed to happen. I don't get to LA very often and when I do I am there to spend maximum time with my kids who live there. I have no desire to give Amarano another minute waiting for them to find a way to right all the wrongs.

I left and probably will not return. It is too time consuming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing without a connecting door. Check for spoons, coffee, pillows and anyt...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
My sincere apologies. I do remember our conversation on the phone and as I mentioned, the Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction. Unfortunately, that was not your experience. It was my understanding that the issues had been resolved and if not, I would like to make it right. At your convenience, you can contact me at 818-260-4750 or email me at twhelan@hotelamarano.com.

I look forward to your correspondence.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel to LA for a 4 day weekend with my teenage son and his friend, we spent a couple of days in Disney and one day in Hollywood. For our Hollywood stay we selected the Amarano since it was very close to the WB studios with no expectations, once we were pleasantly surprised by the location, the look of the hotel, the rooms and mostly the staff. The staff made you feel like welcome right from the start, from the valet parking attendant to the receptionist, everyone greeted us with a smile. It was a very pleasant stay even if it was just for one night. The room price was fair, the only thing that I would recommend is that they should alert customers that there is a charge for valet parking, since there is no self parking and the only option would be to find parking in the street.

Overall this hotel is great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Due to residing in a quiet, residential neighborhood, there is limited parking that is why we offer the service of Valet parking for your convenience. Our Valet charge is the lowest in the Greater LA area and we try to keep it at a minimum.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the LA area.

Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Amarano's staff really goes above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable and to make you feel welcome and cared for as a guest. Their service is wonderful. The property is very cute...and well appointed and the rooms are very comfortable. Easy access to the freeway, and couple of great neighborhood haunts (breakfast, coffee, etc.) are well within walking distance. It was an
awesome find for my daughter and I...and if we come back, we'll stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to write a review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and even more delighted to hear that you will be back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This boutique hotel was very well maintained. It was in close proximity to Universal Studios and Warner Bros. Studios. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff was super! The staff was always available to help and friendly. The pool area was a little small, however, the pool area was very well designed. Only draw back was our room was on the front of the hotel and the street and valet area was a little busy starting around 6 am.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to spend some time at our new pool. The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction and we are happy that we were able to deliver during your stay. We look forward to your return.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very beautiful boutique hotel in Burbank, good service and spacious rooms. Cozy and intimate and very close to Warner Bros Studios (5 minutes walk) and Universal Studios, 15 mins by taxy/car to Hollywood. The bar is very cool and open til late.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, relaxing and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that let everyone know how close we are to Hollywood and all the studios. Yes, we do have a great lounge that gets a lot of buzz. Thank you again!

Tom Whelan

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!