“Unclean room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amarano Burbank

You added Hotel Amarano Burbank to your Saves list
Hotel Amarano Burbank
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   322 North Pass Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505 (Formerly The Graciela Burbank)   |
Offers & Announcements
Tailgate to the Playoffs!
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Burbank
Houston, Texas
“Unclean room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Consider, upon my arrival at Hotel Amarano, I found a man's shave kit and vitamins left behind in the bathroom. My first response was ok the guest before me forgot something. I called the front desk and they sent housekeeping to pick up. As I started to get ready for my evening I noticed there was so much more not attended to by housekeeping. A used bar of soap in a dirty soapdish, used dirty water glass, an open fiji water bottle, an open bar of chocolate, and toiletries left in the shower. I was, and remain, concerned that even the bed linens had not been changed or the room cleaned at all before my check-in. I personally picked up the trash and took the items to the front desk as I left for the evening. Despite my repeated requests, no manager ever contacted me to discuss the unacceptable situation.
The next morning when checking out, I again asked to speak to a manager. I was instead told that the manager was on a phone call and would call me later. I left my card for him and took his in return. I never received a call.
The Hotel is perfectly situated with pleasant decorations in the lobby and rooms. However, as much as I would like to post a positive review on Trip Advisor, my experince with the Hotel's customer care was dismissive at best, and rude at worst. No one had the courtesy or consideration to rectify what was obviously a very unacceptable situation for this, or any other similarly situated, hotel guest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We apologize and quite frankly, embarrassed with your experience here at the Hotel Amarano. As you know, we pride ourselves with superior service and guest satisfaction and it is obvious, we did not deliver during your stay with us and for that, we are deeply sorry. I also want to apologize for the fact that you did not receive a return phone call from myself. To be honest, I did not receive your card or I would have returned your call immediately. I would ask that you contact me at 818-842-8887 so that we may have an opportunity to discuss your stay.

Tom Whelan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family stayed there for 4 nights but we had to move twice to a different room. When we checked in really late at night and when we walked in to the room we smell pot. it was coming from the next room so we moved to a different room..

the new room's bathroom had a piece of trash in shower tub area and used lotion on the bathroom counter. There is a minibar and there were some missing items. we called guest services and let them know. They said they will fill them up but they never did even if we called them twice.

Every morning someone from upstairs of our room was running or bouncing badly the noise woke us up. we had to call the front desk to have them stop the running early in the morning.. it was very annoying when you are trying to sleep

On the third night we came back to the room after 9 pm and the room smelled like cigarettes. It smelled really bad the smell was coming from the next door again. We knocked on the next door and told them not to smoke but THE GUY IN NEXT ROOM COMPLETELY DENIED THAT THEY ARE SMOKING IN THE ROOM. it smelled in the hall way and our room badly so we had to move to a different room again at 10pm.. it was horrible moving to a different room with 2 kids... it was nightmare.

However the staffs were great even though they only gave us free parking for the hassle we had to go through...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Our deepest apologies for your experience here at the Hotel Amarano. We pride ourselves on being a non-smoking hotel and the City of Burbank is also a non-smoking community. Unfortunately, some of our guests ignore this and also do not adhere to our non-smoking notification in our guest room. We have addressed your other issues with the appropriate departments. Thank you for taking time to post a review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here about a month ago with my fiance and the hotel itself was great. The rooms were amazing and the bed was beyond comfortable. Another great thing about the hotel was they had 24hr room service, and the food was actually edible. Normally hotel overnight menus are awful, but the room service was to die for. My only peeve with this hotel was a taller, dark gentlemen who worked at the front desk. It was not so much the service as it wasn't bad, but he was more aloof and I hate to say this, but smelled a little bit of marijuana when my fiance and I were speaking with him after returning from our day out. I mean do what you want, but I feel as if that's just inappropriate for the staff and the aesthetic that this hotel is trying to portray. That was my only issue. Other than that the hotel, the location and the ambience was amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out to write a review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel Amarano. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate department. The Hotel Amarano takes great pride in superior service and guest satisfaction and we hope to see you again soon.

Freeland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have stayed at the Hotel Amarano many times, but most of the time we leave disappointed. The location is perfect for us, we love the tasteful decor, but there is often a disconnect with the look and the service. The look easily deserves four stars, but the staff just doesn't live up to four stars. Several times, our room was right next to the gym and we'd wake up to the pounding of a treadmill or the noise of a jacuzzi motor from the hot tub or our room would be as hot as a sauna at night. Whenever we complain, all that we seem to get is an apology and someone promises to correct the problem. However, the problem rarely gets resolved. We are not complainers, but do wish that the staff would just do what they say they're going to do. Doubt that we'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure that they don't put you next to the gym or the hot tub.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and our deepest apology for not delivering the superior service our guests have become accustomed to. We would ask that you give us another chance on your next visit to the LA area. Please contact me personally so that I may assist you with your reservation.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

From beginning to end our stay at the Amarano was excellent. The staff was always friendly and by the time we left our bartender "friends" knew what we wanted as soon as we sat down.They were also great at giving us good tips for navigating around the city traffic. The king bed in our room was as comfortable as sleeping at home and even had "real" pillows! Not the flat flimsy kind you normally find in a hotel room. Location was great and directly across the street from a wonderful breakfast place, pharmacy and grocery store. The only reason I'm not giving the highest rating on this one is that the outside balcony could use a little TLC, as it was very dirty and dusty our entire stay but not a deal breaker by any means. We would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Book one of the new rooms by the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning. We have addressed the issue of your balcony with our Housekeeping Department. Thank you again for your review.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The staff at Hotel Amarano were extremely friendly and very accommodating to my needs. I loved the decor and cleanliness of the room. The bed was THE most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. So much so that I had to force myself out of bed in the morning. Needless to say, it made for a very relaxing and much needed getaway. Elie, the room service server, was awesome! And speaking of room service, the hotel has 24 hr. room service! I'll def be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. It's always nice to hear when someone has enjoyed their stay so much with us. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Amarano 18 months ago, and loved it then so thought we'd try it again. We stayed in the one bedroom suite, on the back side for a quiet option. For us the thing that makes it great is the location - we had to be in Hollywood every day but didnt want to stay that way. Burbank is close enough and quiet enough to make it a very reasonable distance. Its only 7 minutes to Hollywood and Highland Center on a good traffic day, and the same to Universal.
The staff were extremely attentive, friendly and helpful. The rooms are great - big, with a gorgeous comfy king bed and pillows. The bathroom is large with a shower in the bath and also a standalone shower. TVs in both rooms means you can out the kids to bed and still enjoy some downtime. We had room service one night and the mac n'cheese was fantastic (if not heart stopping!) and the lobster bisque also lovely. Very reasonably priced too.
I travelled alone with my child this time, and felt safe the whole time. There is a Vons across the road and a grea diner Bea Bea's for a breafast fix.
If they maintain the property and the service, we will definately stay at this hotel again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for your review and it's always a pleasure to hear when someone enjoys the Hotel Amarano as much as you did. We know we have delivered superior service and guest satisfaction when someone lets us know it's like being at home. We look forward to your next visit.

Tom Whelan

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!