“Comfort, convenience and class” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amarano Burbank

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amarano Burbank to your Saves list
Hotel Amarano Burbank
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   322 North Pass Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505 (Formerly The Graciela Burbank)   |
Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Burbank
Bellingham, Washington
“Comfort, convenience and class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a very comfortable hotel that is located very conveniently in Burbank. It's a 10-15 drive from the manageable Burbank airport and is close to major studios.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with superior beds and big, bright bathrooms. One issue: they seem a bit skimpy with towels.

There's a lively bar off the lobby with a strong wine selection and a bartender who knows his way around a martini.

Staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly and rates are quite reasonable for this level of hotel.

Hint: Bistro Provence, a wonderful restaurant, is across the street.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience some of the other attractions in the area (Bistro Provence). We do have a great Lounge atmosphere and our mixologist are known for their special martinis. Thank you so much again for your review.

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Paris (France)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed twice at the Amarano in January and in April this year for business and each time, the staff has been extremely helpful.

I had special requests that I had sent in advance and they were definitely met. In particular, I wanted a room with a kitchenette and not overlooking the road (not that it is really busy at night, though). I have been amply satisfied.

The supermarket across the street is extremely convenient.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Comments from our guests help us to not only be recognized when we're doing a good job but also a learning tool at times when we fall short of on'es expectations. Thank you again.

Calgary, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights so we could attend the Ellen show. It was in a great location. Warner Brothers Studios is just down the street so easy to get to. Hollywood was also very close and we were able to find great shopping not too far away.

The room itself was nice and well updated. The beds were super comfortable as was the bedding. There was a nice flat screen television in the room, as well as a Keurig single serve coffee maker, a mini stove, and sink.

The bathroom was adequate but nothing special.

Housekeeping was also adequate but not the best I've experienced. As others have said, there are few towels in the bathroom and things could have been a bit cleaner (eg. there was a bit of mold on the ceiling of the bathtub area).

Front desk service was outstanding. Someone was always available to help out and give advice. Thank you to Orlando who was great as was the young girl with short, blonde hair (can't remember her name).

We were there for three nights. The first night we had a refrigerator that the door didn't even close all the way as there was so much ice build-up. That night we barely slept a wink as the trees kept banging the windows in the wind and would wake us up. Apparently they were having unusual winds that week and hadn't had this problem before. We were also on a noisy side of the hotel plus we got a 4 am wakeup call which we didn't request. So, by morning we were frustrated and thought we had picked a dive. One call to the front desk and everything was taken care of. The tree cutters were out cutting a few branches down very quickly, the fridge was corrected and in the meantime we were moved to a much quieter room with no road noise or tree branch noise!

Would we stay again? In a heartbeat. Every hotel, big or small comes with issues. It was how it was all handled and resolved that made a difference to us. Plus, the location was excellent, quiet and beautiful - easy to get around (although our GPS was a lifesaver!).

As for parking, we were able to park in the safe, quiet neighborhood very easily each time we needed to. Easy one minute walk from the street to the front doors of the hotel - even with a large suitcase in hand.

Didn't try the pool, exercise room or restaurant but checked them out and they looked great. Nice touch to have Starbucks coffee waiting in the lobby in the am.

Oh, and the Ellen show was the highlight of our trip. Fantastic!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
So glad you enjoyed your stay and our apologies for some of the inconveniences you did experience. We shared your comments with our staff and look forward to your next visit.

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I come to this are often, I have priced and stayed everywhere from the Universal Hilton to the Sheraton to the Holiday INN Burbank etc. etc.
This is a Class A boutique hotel where service is #1!!
We will never stay anywhere else. Breakfast is devine, rooms are beautiful, upscale and wonderful beds. Everyone from the valet to the housekeeping service and wonderful front desk couldn't have been more accommodating.
And above all VERY reasonable in price!! We'll be back!
Carolyn Corlew

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Carolyn:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance when you are making a future reservation.

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. From the welcoming staff to the clean and luxurious room, everything here was perfect from start to finish. If you are looking for the Valley location this hotel can't be beat.

Room was too beautiful for words. Added plus of the coffee maker and microwave! Bath was just stunning... and so clean.

The lounge is cozy and welcoming in the evening and food in the restaurant and room service was equally fantastic.

A true boutique luxury hotel that breaks away from the "chain" properties in the area. Free WiFi is a big plus and the signal is great, thankfully. Area is quiet and comfortable but very close to the studios and upscale setting. And Hollywood was convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. Our Team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we met all your expectations. Look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked the premium king suite at the Amarano Burbank hotel, which was supposedly the largest room they have. Not a particularly friendly check in, but this isn't a review about unfriendly staff. I wish that was it.

I get to my room and it looks a little worn. Not a good value (suite was $350+). Not a huge deal, but not impressive for the price.

A couple hours of working in my room and it's getting colder (the room is 69 degrees by now). I turn up the temp and the heating unit makes noise, but the room doesn't get warmer. Engineering comes out, fixes something, and leaves. Room still doesn't heat up so he comes again. I notice the air isn't blowing. He says, "well, heaters don't blow like AC does" and leaves. Seriously? .

I go out to buy some food hoping the trickle of heat will warm up the room. An hour and a half later when I retrn, the room is 73 degrees. I'll post the before and after pics later. I call engineering again, and he checks the filter and pronounces "It should be alright. The filter is clean!" as if that helps when the air still isn't blowing. I point that out and he finally concedes someone will work on it the next day.

Some may feel that 73 degrees is not awful, which it is not, but that is completely beside the point. Maybe I have poor blood circulation. Maybe my hands go numb below 73. Maybe it's not fall but winter, and instead of 73 it could be 66. The relevant point is that key hotel room amenities should work, especially something as basic as heating and ac.

So I transfer to another room. This one actually looks a lot newer even though it's smaller, and the temp goes up to 76 right away. They locked the temp to max out at 76, but that's a lot better than 73. I hit the sack and look forward to a good night's sleep.

Then I'm awakened at 5 am by a thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump sound. Uh, wth? It wasn't there when I went to sleep. It stops after 30 minutes. Then starts again. After an hour of sleuthing, I find the hotel's 24 hour exercise room has a treadmill and when someone is running, the surrounding rooms hear the thump.

I call the front desk and suggest they put a sign om the treadmill to limit hours from midnight to 8 am. Or something better than 5:30 am since the LA crowd likes to exercise early. He suggests I leave a voicemail with the general manager, which I do.

Some may feel that waking up at 5 am is a good time anyway, but that's also beside the point. Someone could have decided to run at 1 am or at 4 am run. The general manager hasn't called back yet (presumably because he doesn't hear a thumping sound at his house). I'll update this with part 2 and pics later.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near exercise room. Stay away from rooms where heating or ac blowers don'...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Our deepest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction. In your case, we have not delivered. We have addressed your concerns with appropriate department and this is the first time we have heard of any noise coming from our new fitness center, next to the swimming pool. That is why we moved the fitness center off the 4th floor to the 1st floor when we built our new expansion.
I also want to apologize for not receiving your voice mail. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your concerns further.

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I loved my stay at the Amarano. The staff couldn't do enough to make my visit comfortable, and everyone I ran into was friendly, professional and helpful. When I took a wrong turn to get to my room, a hotel housekeeper stopped what she was doing and walked me to my door. When I was setting my room service tray outside the door in the morning, another housekeeper hurried over and said she would be happy to take my tray; and the valets were very helpful in calling taxis, as needed, and chatted pleasantly with me as I waited for the cabs to arrive. My room looked like it had been recently redone or remodeled. Everything was clean and looked quite new. I had a lovely view of the pool, and the room was extremely quiet (I'm a light sleeper). Also, as a business traveler, I was delighted that the Wi-Fi was complimentary and easy to connect to. And, unlike other hotels I've stayed in around the country, the Amarano's Wi-Fi seemed both fast and reliable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We are glad that you enjoy your stay and that the Hotel Amarano delivered the service and guest satisfaction our guests have come accustomed to, year after year. We look forward to your next visit.

Tom Whelan

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!