“Great hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amarano Burbank

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amarano Burbank to your Saves list
Hotel Amarano Burbank
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   322 North Pass Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505 (Formerly The Graciela Burbank)   |
Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Burbank
Tujunga, California
“Great hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great location, nice and private, a great get away!! Very peaceful and everyone was very nice!! Just overall a great place to stay!! They have great in room dining service that tastes wonderful!! One downside is parking which is 32 dollars and everything at the place adds tax even on parking which I thought was ridiculous but its all worth it!! You could also park on the street if you have to!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
W. Fenwick Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a 3 night stay. Overall, satisfactory, but nothing really seemed to justify the price. Cost of valet parking was exhorbitant, so we parked on the street with no issues at all. Very nice largely residential neighborhood. Restaurants and stores just across the street. Very convenient. Room was clean, but there was only one coffee mug and only three bath towels that were almost thread bare - little absorption. The hotel should invest in good bath towels and provide guests with more than only one extra. We requested extras, but never received them. Complimentary shower gel provided did not sufficiently lather so we requested additional bars of hand soap (only one small bar was provided), which we received promptly. Utensils provided inadequate. As I recall there was one spoon, no forks, no knives. Mattress uncomfortable - way too soft. Don't think we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the front side of hotel over the patio area off the bar. Voices in conversation...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Our apologies for your experience during your stay at the Hotel Amarano. We pride ourselves on superior guest satisfaction and service but unfortunately, that was not your experience and we are truly sorry for that.

We would hope you would give us another opportunity to demonstrate the service our guests have come accustomed to. Please contact me when making your next reservation.

Tom Whelan
Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When I visit family in Burbank I always feel like I'm coming home both because being with family is like coming home and returning to the Hotel Amarano Burbank is like coming back to my Home Away From Home. I love your hotel because it's very convenient, 2-3 blocks from where my family lives, but more importantly, because it's warm and welcoming, and so very pretty, it's clean, friendly, caring, safe, and loving, just like family.

Two things that are a little annoying (just like families have some annoying habits) are the lack of even a cereal bowl in the kitchen - I ate mine out of the coffee cup - and the faucets in both the bathroom and the kitchen (in the older wing) that splash all over everything. Other than those little annoyances, the accommodations are wonderful and I so look forward to coming "home" again and again.....Thank you.

Gail B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
southwest ranches, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went to Burbank for business. I wanted a nice cozy place that was prestigious, yet hip, clean, comfortable, safe & close to where I needed to be... Hotel Amarano was perfect. It more than met my expectations. The staff was friendly, helpful and available. Room Service delivery was fast & friendly, (a bit spicy for my taste but I'm sure others would love the spice). Thank you Hotel Amarano for making me feel welcome and safe...

Room Tip: having the balcony was nice but I'm not sure I would pay extra for it again... depends on my moo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel as we were travelling with our 2 year old and wanted a one bedroom suite with a kitchen. Upon arrival we found the room to be a good size for LA, however the kitchen was very poorly stocked so we had to request more utensils etc but only received plates. This basically meant the kitchen was pointless as we could not cook anything.

The location was ideal if you want a quiet location away from LA although not far outside LA given the traffic it does take a long time to get anyway.

Finally we were disappointed by the lack of front desk and valet staff, on our final day we waited so long for someone to help with our bags my husband made 3 trips himself and still no one came to help.

I would recommend this hotel if you want a large room and quiet location but we would return to the Sofitel where we usually stay in future.

• Stayed September 2012
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just in town for one night to visit friends, we were skeptical to spend the money we did just for a nice bed. Boy, were we surprised - the stay was worth every penny! There aren't a ton of hotels in the immediate area, so this was what we decided on. While there was no self parking at the hotel itself, we did find a spot just around the corner to avoid the extra cost of the valet.

From the moment we walked through the glass entrance doors, we were extremely happy. Front desk staff was welcoming and attentive, directed us to our room and the pool. As we entered the room, we both said "wow!" Loved the offering of the small kitchen area (with complementary Keurig use) in our King bed room, the great television, nice bathroom and how the lighting and colors of the room really made us feel at home. Speaking of the bed... it was fantastic! The best sleep I got during this entire trip! Had we had more time, we would have spent some of it by the cute pool and in the bar area. The entire lounge was very welcoming with the fireplace and all, a great place to get some food and drinks.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel if you don't mind spending just a little extra for a lot of comfort. They offered a variety of discounts, too... we took advantage of their AAA rate. We will certainly return to Hotel Amarano the next time we are in town!

Room Tip: We were at the end of the hallway on the first floor, far away from the pool. While the hours are fr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have been to Burbank several times, and after a few hit and misses, we found the Amarano. We really like it. The place is really clean, and the room is nice and bright. The bedding used to be amazing. While the bed is comfortable - the pillows - have changed. The first time I stayed there - I actually wrote down the name of the brand - unfortunately those pillows are gone - replaced by odd "lumpy" ones which make for an ok night's sleep but not the one I remember. Amarano - I need the old pillows back (now)! Otherwise, staff was friendly, and the stay was very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!